Page 118 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    There's some consistency within each writers run's maybe, but writers have wildly varying idea's of what the Speed Force is and how it should work so one writers Speed Force might feel totally different than another's.
    Yup. There should always be some mystery or it restricts future story lines and kills the fun. Don't need every tiny thing overexplained!
    Professional KoOk, available nine days a week.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BooCoo View Post
    Yup. There should always be some mystery or it restricts future story lines and kills the fun. Don't need every tiny thing overexplained!
    The Speedforce is almost a crutch now.

Back to the topic: With Future's End, the Flash characters all need to be rejuvenated. Who else agrees?

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    Back to the topic: With Future's End, the Flash characters all need to be rejuvenated. Who else agrees?
    Joshua Williamson already pretty much accomplished that at the end of his run in my opinion.

True. He even retconned HiC. Hallelujah!

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

The 'archery store' is having an entertainment media sale. I decided to see if there were any interesting preorders besides the Impulse one that's I'd missed of late and ran into this:
    https://www.target.com/p/the-road-to...54#lnk=sametab

Talk about bad memories! Especially recalling how excited we were that there was Wally in the front of the cover .... only to find that he wasn't in it at all.

Alas, also no sign of a The Flash By Mark Waid Book Eight yet. I'm hoping this is only due to the hyped virus and not because they planned for Seven to be the last print job of the series.

Guys, hopelessly out of the loop of late. Mom's showing signs of increasing dementia like dad had so I have no idea if Wally's been in anything or forecast to be in anything since June-ish. Any good news?
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Wait for March solicitations because otherwise no, he’s going to be possessed and evil in Future State in what I assume is Didio’s final bit of influence over the line. We’ll see what the post Future State lineup looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Wait for March solicitations because otherwise no, he’s going to be possessed and evil in Future State in what I assume is Didio’s final bit of influence over the line. We’ll see what the post Future State lineup looks like.
    The actual Future State Event looks to be a Flashpoint/Convergence type of thing. The Future State Flash doesn't look like it will have any influence beyond those two months. Given what we've seen in Speed/Death Metal, I tend to be more cautiously optimistic. It's common knowledge that Future State is basically salvaged from when they cancelled 5G. There's a Generations: Forged title in February where they try to restore the timeline. So I'm not too worked up over Future State.

Because I'm sure tons of Flash fans want to see Barry hunting Wally like he's the Predator .

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

So... DC is dead until late spring then if not later. Okay.
    (not getting any younger here.)
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    So... DC is dead until late spring then if not later. Okay.
    (not getting any younger here.)
    Yup. I'm skipping this crap too.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Because I'm sure tons of Flash fans want to see Barry hunting Wally like he's the Predator .
    No. We want Barry to perform fatality to Wally for stealing his thunder in Speed Metal - Joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Not just Wally evil but apparently all other Flash family characters are powerless, leaving the only Flash left being the new character Jess Quick from Earth-11.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

It is quite incredible that an event that was supposed to be entirely about looking forward to the future and embracing legacy decided to make The Flash book about...Wally being an evil monster that Barry has to defeat. Instead of, you know, any legacy stuff.

My guess is that Wally destroys The Flash family and that's what brings in the alternate universe future state Flash because of course that's what Didio would want. Can't wait to see Wally kills his friends and family. Again. Two times in as many years.

It's such a shame of a missed opportunity. There are an infinite number of awesome, alternate future storylines you can tell about The Flash family. Iris and Jai, Bart, Wallace. Heck look what they're doing in Aquaman! That's prime Flash style legacy storytelling but we're not getting that. We could have a story about, I don't know, Iris as The Flash teaming up with Rick and Jesse's kid as a sidekick or something. We could have Bart and Wallace finally having a story together. These characters get so little intermingling because they step on each other's toes a lot, and an event comes around that's perfect for expanding on their interrelations, and all we get is a stupid, thinly veiled hatefic for Wally.

It's absurd how little imagination DC and, I assume, Didio had for The Flash in this event. The only thing good about it is the Non Binary rep OUTSIDE of The Flash comic itself, and even that's some janky as **** alternate universe weirdness instead of actually tying the Non Binary representation to the main universe.
    Last edited by Dred; 11-15-2020 at 08:13 AM.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan

The only thing that needs to die and right now are any leftover ideas of Didio-ism.
    (Really, wtf is wrong with DC? It would have been better to go MIA for a season than create more crap that will turn a large chunk of their audience off.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    The only thing that needs to die and right now are any leftover ideas of Didio-ism.
    Well, the Jesse Chambers/Rick Tyler "marriage" needs to be drop-kicked into a COIE anti-matter wave and whited out of existence. Jesse deserves much, much better than to have an obnoxious muscle-head like Rick tied around her neck like an albatross. Geoff Johns' failure to even build up a believable relationship between two characters who didn't even a professional relationship with each other, just "time skip" them into a marriage with no build-up at all, is only matched by fans' mindless willingness to lap it up like it was the next Green Arrow & Black Canary (another relationship in which the woman deserves so, so much better).