Page 69 of 135 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 2018
    Extraordinary Member

I always thought it was a bit of an evolution that Wally got the chance to be a father to his twin children, while Barry never got the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I always thought it was a bit of an evolution that Wally got the chance to be a father to his twin children, while Barry never got the chance.
    That's an interesting thought...

It's also a bit of a coincidence that both Barry and Wally are fathers to twins. Did they ever discuss this before Flashpoint?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's also a bit of a coincidence that both Barry and Wally are fathers to twins. Did they ever discuss this before Flashpoint?
    No more than Arthur and Garth discussing they have dead baby sons.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    No more than Arthur and Garth discussing they have dead baby sons.
    ...And sleeping with Dolphin.

(Ba-Dum-Tssh).

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Twins run in families. (Pun not intended, but hey.)
    My grandmother had three sets of twins as did a couple of aunts.

(*... Has there ever been an evil triplet-- quintuplets in comics? We've seen plenty of evil twins.)

Did Wally ever come back in the animated YJ or was it all just dream/memory stuff?
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Twins run in families. (Pun not intended, but hey.)
    My grandmother had three sets of twins as did a couple of aunts.

(*... Has there ever been an evil triplet-- quintuplets in comics? We've seen plenty of evil twins.)

Did Wally ever come back in the animated YJ or was it all just dream/memory stuff?
    I mean the irredeemable comic kind of played with the idea of triplets who shared superpowers and one went overboard keeping the power (I think, its been a long time since I read that).

As for Young Justice spoilers:
    Only in dreams
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Twins run in families.
    Wally's kids and Barry's kids aren't blood relatives.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

And let's not forget Barry is ALSO a twin!! (Poor Malcolm/Cobalt Blue)
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Astonishing Member

No. Barry and Wally didn't discuss anything before Flashpoint because Wally was shunted off into obsolescence. Wally and Barry talked one significant time after Flash Rebirth and that was for Wally to tell Barry how awesome and great he is in spite of his gross neglect. I don't think Barry so much as gave a passing thought to any of his extended family besides Iris and Bart.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Wally's kids and Barry's kids aren't blood relatives.
    They would be on Iris' side.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    No. Barry and Wally didn't discuss anything before Flashpoint because Wally was shunted off into obsolescence. Wally and Barry talked one significant time after Flash Rebirth and that was for Wally to tell Barry how awesome and great he is in spite of his gross neglect. I don't think Barry so much as gave a passing thought to any of his extended family besides Iris and Bart.
    I think I remember a few times during Johns' run where Barry thought of the expanded Flash Family, but probably nothing in-depth.

I'd imagine it's something Johns would likely have gotten to had his second run not be truncated (unless he planned to bow out completely by Flashpoint one way or another).

Extraordinary Member

Iris was adopted pre-Flashpoint.

So no blood relation.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    ...And sleeping with Dolphin.

(Ba-Dum-Tssh).
    Every once in a while someone will post something that reminds me why the New 52 relaunch wasn't all bad.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think I remember a few times during Johns' run where Barry thought of the expanded Flash Family, but probably nothing in-depth.

I'd imagine it's something Johns would likely have gotten to had his second run not be truncated (unless he planned to bow out completely by Flashpoint one way or another).
    He doesn't think about them, he thinks about himself with them as a backdrop. He just ponders his own pointlessness sometimes while, you know, simultaneously invalidating and supplanting everyone.

At no point does Barry, say, show interest or concern about his family. As a matter of fact, the only time he really interacts with them it's about how shitty and neglectful and distant he is to all of them. He never shared a word with Wally's kids. Never spared a word for his own.
    Last edited by Dred; 06-04-2020 at 07:23 PM.