Page 36 of 135 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast
    Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

That's the ONE thing about the current costume that I actually like. They took Walter's maroon and silver colour scheme.
    (Unfortunately, everything else about it screams Kid Flash)
    Put me down as another who would be very happy to see Wally return with the Walter look.
    Either with the lightning pattern over the shoulder OR the chest emblem.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Wally's story in The Flash #750 leaked :
    Johns' short story in #750 is apparently going to feature Captain Cold and Wally as well.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Wally's story in The Flash #750 leaked :

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/02...erse-spoilers/

This is glorious. I just can't wait ...
    Wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of those foil variants....
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of those foil variants....
    I was thinking the same ... Now, I'm not sure I'm ready to spend 25$ in this. And I've already preordered 4 variants.

But, damn, it looks awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    Johns' short story in #750 is apparently going to feature Captain Cold and Wally as well.
    Johns and Scott Kollins, hell yes!

About the costume, i like the current one, a lot actually, but i wish they would let him still use this costume.

I know EVS made to look less cool than the original one, but i really, really liked. He look diferent from Barry but feels like a Flash costume.

Cold isn't who I would've used for a Wally story, but it's Geoff so not too surprising .
    Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

About the costume, i like the current one, a lot actually, but i wish they would let him still use this costume.

I know EVS made to look less cool than the original one, but i really, really liked. He look diferent from Barry but feels like a Flash costume.

It looks better here than when EVS drew it in my opinion.

Bonus points for hot pants Jesse .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I swear we fans are the only ones who remember Walter and his costume. It'd have been pretty damn great if Wally had taken that look when Barry returned. I mean, the new costume is fine, I guess, even if it does make Wally look like he never quite moved on from being a sidekick, but Walter's costume was great, and given the particulars of Walter's history it'd have been pretty damn poignant.
    Shortly after DCU Rebirth, Mark Waid said that they should just have Wally wear that costume.

I'm inclined to agree. It's the best "variant" Flash design there's ever been. That being said, maybe they could make one or two tweaks, so that the Walter incarnation still has something to call his own. Anything that leans into that "Batman Beyond" style sleekness would be ideal for Wally. I wonder how it would look in blue?

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

I...
    I look at it and all I see is a Batman/Flash Amalgram Comic. Wally shouldn't look his cowl was half designed by Batman. (I am actually picturing a Justice League-Unlimited Bruce Wayne cringing here before tearing Flash a new one via a Bat Glare<tm>. )
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    I...
    I look at it and all I see is a Batman/Flash Amalgram Comic. Wally shouldn't look his cowl was half designed by Batman. (I am actually picturing a Justice League-Unlimited Bruce Wayne cringing here before tearing Flash a new one via a Bat Glare<tm>. )
    Cowl reminds me of the 90's Flash. So I have a soft spot for it

I wish they'd have just let Barry keep that costume too. Man I hate the nu52 thing. Heck, they could have given Wally the nu52 suit and just kept Barry classic and it would have been just as good...

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

This interview is truly fantastic. Thank you for sharing this.

Incredible Member

This interview is truly fantastic. Thank you for sharing this.
    Seconded and I have to say I'd be all over a Geoff Johns Captain Cold solo series or mini-series!

His last Pre-FP costume would be awesome with silver instead of gold. It would further differentiate him from Barry and would avoid being too close to his Kid Flash look.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Shortly after DCU Rebirth, Mark Waid said that they should just have Wally wear that costume.

I'm inclined to agree. It's the best "variant" Flash design there's ever been. That being said, maybe they could make one or two tweaks, so that the Walter incarnation still has something to call his own. Anything that leans into that "Batman Beyond" style sleekness would be ideal for Wally. I wonder how it would look in blue?
    I'd be fine with a couple tweaks, absolutely.

I think I'd stick with the lightning over the shoulder though. If you give him the chest emblem it ends up looking basically like what he had after Barry's return. And that's different from Barry's look yes, but I don't think it's different enough. If you've got both of them in a big "everyone is fighting" splash page, it could be hard to tell who is who. But the big lightning bolt over the shoulder would help with that a lot. Then you're not trying to look at the nose of the cowl, or whether the belt is slightly bent or straight, or other small details.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'd be fine with a couple tweaks, absolutely.

I think I'd stick with the lightning over the shoulder though. If you give him the chest emblem it ends up looking basically like what he had after Barry's return. And that's different from Barry's look yes, but I don't think it's different enough. If you've got both of them in a big "everyone is fighting" splash page, it could be hard to tell who is who. But the big lightning bolt over the shoulder would help with that a lot. Then you're not trying to look at the nose of the cowl, or whether the belt is slightly bent or straight, or other small details.
    Absolutely. That's the best part of the costume.