Page 70 of 135 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Iris was adopted pre-Flashpoint.

So no blood relation.
    That's an interesting wrinkle...but probably as forgotten as that time Barbara Gordon was Jim Gordon's "niece."
    Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    He doesn't think about them, he thinks about himself with them as a backdrop. He just ponders his own pointlessness sometimes while, you know, simultaneously invalidating and supplanting everyone.

At no point does Barry, say, show interest or concern about his family. As a matter of fact, the only time he really interacts with them it's about how shitty and neglectful and distant he is to all of them. He never shared a word with Wally's kids. Never spared a word for his own.
    I'd probably have to re-read Johns' second run again (not that I have any major desire to re-read Rebirth) but I feel like there was a little more to it then that (and on the issue of being neglectful and distant, the second arc was him trying to grow out of that).

Of course it's all kind of a moot point once Flashpoint hit...

Extraordinary Member

If Iris is no longer from the future, how was Bart and the tornado twins eventually born?

Astonishing Member

Bart's excuse is that he is a constant in the timeline, immune to any other time travel shenanigans that retcon other people. So our Bart was born in the future to a Don and Dawn who don't exist for anyone else. As Iris never went to the future in this timeline.

The Tornado Twins are apparently from the near future instead of far future and are evil, based on Williamson's teasing.

Extraordinary Member

Bart's excuse is that he is a constant in the timeline, immune to any other time travel shenanigans that retcon other people. So our Bart was born in the future to a Don and Dawn who don't exist for anyone else. As Iris never went to the future in this timeline.

The Tornado Twins are apparently from the near future instead of far future and are evil, based on Williamson's teasing.
    What does that mean for XS?

Mighty Member

Thats true, but its also not correct.

Bart is immune YES, BUT he is here because he survived in the Speedforce like Wally, Max and Jay did.

AND!!!

the FUTURE is not affected by changes in the present.
    We have seen the Titans of Tomorrow still existing in another Future, so XS etc. can still exist in the other future.

There ISNT ONLY ONE FUTURE...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    What does that mean for XS?
    I believe she doesn't exist anymore, though I assume she will be retconned back in eventually.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Based on the last page of posts....
    May I say how I...

Hate Flashpoint with a passion that is only met by Heroes in Crisis. Ever time I remember a solid DC fact I have to remember that it may in fact now be considered quicksand.

Don and Dawn evil? *sigh*
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Spectacular Member

I believe she doesn't exist anymore, though I assume she will be retconned back in eventually.
    She was shown on a page of the Flash family in Flash #75 and we know it involves the post-Flashpoint continuity because it includes Wallace and Avery. Though I don't think she has had any interaction with an actual member of the family or even a proper appearance since then, we just know that in some way she exists.
    Flash-Family-Alignments-Feature-and-Social-Media.jpg
    Last edited by PD98; 06-06-2020 at 05:16 AM.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Good news !

According to Brett Booth, we will be able to read Generation Zero, featuring our favorite Speedster, a bit earlier : this story is included in the Flash Forward TPB !

The Flash Forward TPB will be available next month !

And there's also a brand new cover for it : https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....1cCN-6NU+L.jpg

Too bad they put the logo and title on the middle of the art.
    Last edited by Spider-Ham; 06-06-2020 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Good news !

According to Brett Booth, we will be able to read Generation Zero, featuring our favorite Speedster, a bit earlier : this story is included in the Flash Forward TPB !

And there's also a brand new cover for it : https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....1cCN-6NU+L.jpg

Ehhh I didn't enjoy Flash forward enough to purchase a collection for one story.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by PD98 View Post
    She was shown on a page of the Flash family in Flash #75 and we know it involves the post-Flashpoint continuity because it includes Wallace and Avery. Though I don't think she has had any interaction with an actual member of the family or even a proper appearance since then, we just know that in some way she exists.
    I think Williamson mentioned XS at some point, or that she would be showing up somewhere.

Astonishing Member

Good news !

Do you have a link to this?

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Ehhh I didn't enjoy Flash forward enough to purchase a collection for one story.
    I totally understand : between what was meant to be a free comic book and a TPB for 15-20$, that's a bit expansive for a few new pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Do you have a link to this?
    Sure !

https://twitter.com/Demonpuppy/statu...81994765144065

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Good news !

Is that why the book got delayed? I was fearing another printing error like when the cancelled the Impulse omnibus.

As for the new cover....
    I don't mind the title being in the middle, but was really looking forward to the original cover art. Really didn't care to be seeing vampire Batman every time I pull the book out. Oh well. Guess that is what most people would go for.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PD98 View Post
    Max doesn't exist either. This is just a money shot to end an arc. There's no Johnny Quick either. And two characters we know exist, Jai and Iris, aren't present.