Page 95 of 135 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 2018

I think we're gonna have to exercise patience with DC, even if they do put a real, honest effort into fixing Wally.

Assuming that DC wants to use Wally well and continue building on him, then we're in new territory. Barry has been back for ages but Wally has never actually been treated like a viable, important part of the DC pantheon while his uncle is still running around. Wally can't just go back to doing what he was before Barry's return; it'll just be redundant as hell (it might sell okay, but I don't know how many people would truly be satisfied). They're gonna have to try out different roles and see what works.

Seems like right now they're pointing him towards being a multiversal character, which I'm not against seeing. But we'll see how it goes....if DC really does try to do right by him now that Didio's out.

I honestly have higher hopes for Nightwing than I do Wally.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Well, Mark Waid seemed optimistic, even saying, "trust me." The timing of that...and his interview in general...are worth noting.

Would love to see how Speed Metal shakes out.

Is anybody else afraid that wally is to powerful now, I mean for use on a regular comic series basis? Also how will they depower him iyo? Finally what power level should he be at?

Astonishing Member

Wally's power is irrelevant. It's like asking if Batman's too powerful with a Black Lantern ring. The event is doing its own thing. It's doubly unimportant because, unlike Batman, Wally is in no other comics and is largely irrelevant to anything besides Death Metal.
    Last edited by Dred; 07-27-2020 at 06:18 PM.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I wouldn't want to see Waid back. As he's already stated he's said pretty much everything he's wanted to with Wally.
    Personally, I would love to see Gail Simone take a swing or Palmiotti/Gray tag-team. James Robinson would be a masterpiece or a dumpster fire.
    Maybe Grant Morrison could be enticed to take another run?
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Astonishing Member

Grant's said he has a Flash story in the bag but it's for Barry, not Wally. He said he loves Wally but has already written him a ton and would rather do a science based Flash story with Barry as the lead.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

I still hope to see the day when Tomasi will write a Flash Family book with Wally and the kids.

I miss his Superman and Super Sons titles.

Tomasi only wants to write Barry as well.

Wally needs new blood. Most newcomer writers love him a lot, as we've seen with Williamson.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I wouldn't want to see Waid back. As he's already stated he's said pretty much everything he's wanted to with Wally.
    Personally, I would love to see Gail Simone take a swing or Palmiotti/Gray tag-team. James Robinson would be a masterpiece or a dumpster fire.
    Maybe Grant Morrison could be enticed to take another run?
    Yeah outside of Starman and the JSA I haven't really enjoyed Robinson's work. However, Starman and his JSA stuff is so good, I would give it a shot.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Yeah outside of Starman and the JSA I haven't really enjoyed Robinson's work. However, Starman and his JSA stuff is so good, I would give it a shot.
    How about Matt Fraction? I keep thinking a Fraction/Aja approach to the Flash would be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    How about Matt Fraction? I keep thinking a Fraction/Aja approach to the Flash would be interesting.
    That could be great! Love their work together.

Matt Fraction or Nick Spencer would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    Matt Fraction or Nick Spencer would be awesome.
    I think Fraction would be great for Wally OR Barry. Hell, he could be the first person to write Barry right since his return. And him writing Wally and family would be fun.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

I don't know about Mark Waid again. He's 'said his piece'. Some one shots would be certainly catch my eye though.

Whomever writes Wally I hope to Heaven they have a good sense of humor. Had enough of !Tragedy ! TRAGEDY ! TRAAAGEDEEE ! to last a lifetime.

And that's not even touching on comic books. :P

Fraction.... name sounds familiar, but I can't place it. Think I might have seen the name tied to Marvel books?
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    THAT'S a book I'd read!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.