Page 11 of 135 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Great news guys ! Previewsworld revealed The Flash #750 variant covers and, guess what ? We have two covers featuring Wally West !

https://www.previewsworld.com/Search...&q=Flash%20750

Never thought we would have THAT much love for Wally !
    The 90’s variant is the most disappointing, should have the whole flash family of the era.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They're decade themed. So Jay appears on the 1940s one and one of Wally's. Barry is obviously on the 1950s, 60s, 70s, 80s (showing a scene from the Crisis just before he died), and 2010s ones, and Wally's are the 90s and 2000s ones, as you'd expect.
    I must be missing something.
    Far as I can tell with my monitor, all the Flashes save for the two with Jay are of Barry (blue eyes, straight waistband, wings on boots, post Flash:rebirth designs...)

EDIT: Actually 06 has the chest lightning icon backwards. A Reverse Flash?
    Last edited by Kyer; 01-22-2020 at 07:19 PM.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Great news guys ! Previewsworld revealed The Flash #750 variant covers and, guess what ? We have two covers featuring Wally West !

God, Mattina’s art is TERRIBLE. He just traced over a Flash War cover. What about it gives you an idea about Waid era? Where’s the family? Disgusting.

Not having Kid Flash or Impulse on these covers is a crime. Meeeh. Only 80s variant looks good.

Incredible Member

Yeah, 90s cover looks generic. I like Franceso Mattina covers, but his Flash covers are usually just the characters with a colorful "energy" background. It's still a nice image, I just wish it would have been the suit with the white eyes

Not a Jim Lee fan, but I like he drew Wally fighting the Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    I must be missing something.
    Far as I can tell with my monitor, all the Flashes save for the two with Jay are of Barry (blue eyes, straight waistband, wings on boots, post Flash:rebirth designs...)

EDIT: Actually 06 has the chest lightning icon backwards. A Reverse Flash?
    On Jim Lee's cover, I see green eyes and red eyebrows. But you are right, on the 90s cover, the lightning symbol on the chest is backwards.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I've ordered (and paid) all of these.
    I love the Nicola Scott Jay cover (Aussie! Aussie! Aussie!)
    And Dell Otto's 80s cover looks great too. (Strikes me more Wally than Barry)
    I am bummed with Mattina's 90s cover though. I was really hoping for a strong Wally cover. Shiny scarlet suit, white eyes the whole nine yards.
    Instead, we get a cover that just looks like another Barry cover. A jam cover with the whole Flash family would have been perfect here. The fact nobody thought to do that leaves me deflated.
    Also sad DC couldn't offer Mike Baron, Mark Waid or Bill Messner-Loebs anything here considering their impact on the character.
    You can also throw in Alex Saviuk to that list too!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Also sad DC couldn't offer Mike Baron, Mark Waid or Bill Messner-Loebs anything here considering their impact on the character.
    At least Bill Loebs. We know there's some bad blood between the other 2 and DC, but Loebs could use work, and there was no better opportunity. Oh well.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Spectacular Member

While I think all variant covers are solid pieces of art as is, there are some that I clearly love more than others. As a Wally fan, it is almost disappointing that the two decades he was Flash are represented by the most generic decade covers. The 90s Flash cover could literally be either Wally or Barry; it is just a generic Flash going super fast cover. The only reason why we assume its Wally because he would be the only one that would make sense for that decade. For all we know though, is that
    Francesco Mattina drew Barry Allen, and DC decided to label his cover as the 90s one because it was generic (and that was the only decade left that would have made sense).

Jim Lee's 2000s cover is better than the 90s one, mostly because the villains' costume are a reflection of that decade. With that said, the Flash himself is also pretty generic, and it isn't one of Lee's coolest poses. I'm surprise they didn't pick Lee's as the 2010s or the default one (BTW, the default is probably the least interesting despite featuring a scene that is suppose to be in the comic), similar to how DC #1000 and AC #1000 had their default covers be Jim Lee's. I'm also under the theory that Jim Lee drew Barry Allen Flash as well, and the colorist decided to make the Flash's eyebrows red and his eyes green once it was decided that Lee's cover would be the 2000s cover.

None of the covers are a true reflection of Wally's tenure as Flash, which many argued where some of the best of the decades in the Flash's career. Where is the Flash family consisting Wally, Jessie Quick, Jay Garrick, Bart Allen, and Max Mercury? Where is Zoom, one of the most popular villains created for Wally, in any of these covers?

It's also surprising that Scott Kolins and Brett Booth don't have covers for Flash #750, at least none announced already. Booth I assumed because of his love of Wally (and Flash in general) would naturally lead him into doing one of the covers, but I guess in the way it makes sense he isn't part of the decades of Flash covers. Kolins is the one I'm truly confused to see their absence in these decade covers. He would have been perfect for the 2000s cover, and it's weird that DC didn't do that.

Nonetheless, I actually do expect to see covers by Kolins and Booth at some point, though more likely the former rather than the latter. All the anniversary issues have had dozens of covers, so I expect the Flash to also gain many more in the coming weeks. Hopefully some that are more Wally focus.

I really was planning to get one of the Wally decades, but I find the two to be so very underwhelming. Not only that, I really love the Nick Derington 60s version and Francis Manapul 2010s version so very much. I'm so conflicted between the two that I may end up getting both, that's how much I love them. I also really like the Jay Garrick 40s one a lot, and the Gabriele Dell'Otto's 80s cover and Gary Frank's 50s cover are really solid choices.

Overall the covers are mostly great, it's just disappointing that the two Wally decades weren't that good comparatively.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by transformers03 View Post
    While I think all variant covers are solid pieces of art as is, there are some that I clearly love more than others. As a Wally fan, it is almost disappointing that the two decades he was Flash are represented by the most generic decade covers. The 90s Flash cover could literally be either Wally or Barry; it is just a generic Flash going super fast cover. The only reason why we assume its Wally because he would be the only one that would make sense for that decade. For all we know though, is that
    Francesco Mattina drew Barry Allen, and DC decided to label his cover as the 90s one because it was generic (and that was the only decade left that would have made sense).

Jim Lee's 2000s cover is better than the 90s one, mostly because the villains' costume are a reflection of that decade. With that said, the Flash himself is also pretty generic, and it isn't one of Lee's coolest poses. I'm surprise they didn't pick Lee's as the 2010s or the default one (BTW, the default is probably the least interesting despite featuring a scene that is suppose to be in the comic), similar to how DC #1000 and AC #1000 had their default covers be Jim Lee's. I'm also under the theory that Jim Lee drew Barry Allen Flash as well, and the colorist decided to make the Flash's eyebrows red and his eyes green once it was decided that Lee's cover would be the 2000s cover.

None of the covers are a true reflection of Wally's tenure as Flash, which many argued where some of the best of the decades in the Flash's career. Where is the Flash family consisting Wally, Jessie Quick, Jay Garrick, Bart Allen, and Max Mercury? Where is Zoom, one of the most popular villains created for Wally, in any of these covers?

It's also surprising that Scott Kolins and Brett Booth don't have covers for Flash #750, at least none announced already. Booth I assumed because of his love of Wally (and Flash in general) would naturally lead him into doing one of the covers, but I guess in the way it makes sense he isn't part of the decades of Flash covers. Kolins is the one I'm truly confused to see their absence in these decade covers. He would have been perfect for the 2000s cover, and it's weird that DC didn't do that.

Nonetheless, I actually do expect to see covers by Kolins and Booth at some point, though more likely the former rather than the latter. All the anniversary issues have had dozens of covers, so I expect the Flash to also gain many more in the coming weeks. Hopefully some that are more Wally focus.

I really was planning to get one of the Wally decades, but I find the two to be so very underwhelming. Not only that, I really love the Nick Derington 60s version and Francis Manapul 2010s version so very much. I'm so conflicted between the two that I may end up getting both, that's how much I love them. I also really like the Jay Garrick 40s one a lot, and the Gabriele Dell'Otto's 80s cover and Gary Frank's 50s cover are really solid choices.

Overall the covers are mostly great, it's just disappointing that the two Wally decades weren't that good comparatively.
    I think i agree with this. The covers seem to largely depict a generic flash that could be anyone. I don't find it that attractive.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by transformers03 View Post
    That’s exactly how Wally looked in the early ‘00s. It’s era accurate.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Everyone here already said what I feel but I'll just say it anyways.

I was really looking forward to the 80's variant being Wally but if not then definitely the 90's variant since that decade had Wally in all his Wallyniss glory.

Wanted to see Wally in his red chrome and white eyes but we just get a Flash that looks more like Barry than Wally with the open eyes and wing tip ears. I usually like the artist as well but this is not one of his best pieces. The 2000's one is just bad with that awkward pose and also not very Wally like, costume wise.

Oh well. Cant say I'm too surprised. DC short changing Wally is just business as usual.

With that said the Jay 40's cover is nice and the 80's one from Crisis is pretty cool as well.

Rethinking of getting this issue altogether. Maybe if Wally has a good part in it. But its DC, so yeah.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    Not having Kid Flash or Impulse on these covers is a crime. Meeeh. Only 80s variant looks good.
    I don't know why you're so surprised. Wonder Woman ignored the sidekicks too, Cassie and Donna were only mentioned in one story in #750 yesterday. And it was the Bombshells one, which is alternate universe. They're not on the covers either.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Everyone here already said what I feel but I'll just say it anyways.

I was really looking forward to the 80's variant being Wally but if not then definitely the 90's variant since that decade had Wally in all his Wallyniss glory.

Wanted to see Wally in his red chrome and white eyes but we just get a Flash that looks more like Barry than Wally with the open eyes and wing tip ears. I usually like the artist as well but this is not one of his best pieces. The 2000's one is just bad with that awkward pose and also not very Wally like, costume wise.

Oh well. Cant say I'm too surprised. DC short changing Wally is just business as usual.

With that said the Jay 40's cover is nice and the 80's one from Crisis is pretty cool as well.

Rethinking of getting this issue altogether. Maybe if Wally has a good part in it. But its DC, so yeah.
    Yeah, I wish the variants were more clearly Wally when it's supposed to be his era they're highlighting.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

The sheer fact that the 'Wally' cover is so darn hard to tell -if- it is even Wally and not Barry shouts "DC Editorial shenanigans!" to me in spades.
    (Yes, yes, bless my lil'conspiratorial heart. I see it, I say it.)

Anyway...

Just why should I be interested in this book again? Anniversary special compilation stories or just the start of a major Barry thing?
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    The 2000's one is just bad with that awkward pose and also not very Wally like, costume wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I wish the variants were more clearly Wally when it's supposed to be his era they're highlighting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    The sheer fact that the 'Wally' cover is so darn hard to tell -if- it is even Wally and not Barry shouts "DC Editorial shenanigans!" to me in spades.
    (Yes, yes, bless my lil'conspiratorial heart. I see it, I say it.)
    Have I walked into another timeline?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Have I walked into another timeline?

The Mattina cover literally looks like a cover he would've made in the past few years for The Flash, man. On Wally's most important decade. Whereas Barry gets some of his most major landmarks referenced with a Crisis dedicated cover and a Flash of Two Worlds cover.
    Last edited by Dred; 01-23-2020 at 06:15 PM.