Page 110 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 2018
    It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Seeing wally in his gear was fantastic. Wally and barry going through their arguments was great. Was it me or was speed metal being a bit meta?
    It was as meta as the First Rebirth. It's just the the meta-commentary here wasn't stupid.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Ok so I will agree that this is the best Flash comic I have read in a VERY long time. Since before the Nu52.

I will address some of the things I didn't care for first because there is way more good than bad IMO.

Williamsons dialogue is always so clunky and unnatural to me. Way too much over explaining. I remember in Flash War I thought what are these two even fighting about?

I can't stand when the characters refer to your, ours or other speed forces...also do not like that they can be broken or hurt...or at least as often as they seem to be.

Lastly, I don't think Iris West should still be wearing the Impulse costume. I get that is who she just became in Flash Rebirth and before Flashpoint but either give her her old costume or make her another Kid Flash. Bart is Impulse.

On to the likes.

So many great moments for all the Flashes. The history with Wally and everyone is in play clearly. Maybe with some adjustments. Barrows art is amazing. Loved seeing Wally in HIS Flash costume again. This actually really felt like the Wally West we knew and loved. Loved the banter between Wally and Bart. It actually filled my heart seeing all the Flash family welcome Wally back and to see Wally's old attitude is back and isn't doubting himself or beating himself up anymore.

Great issue overall. I really hope something good comes out of this though. The last time the whole family was together again they were all erased 12 issues later. I don't think Williamson is one of better Flash writers but it clear he loves these characters and knows his history.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Worth noticing:

Thios is the very first proper Wally-Linda interaction (with their memories and relationship intact) since Flashpoint at least. Felt so natural.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    Lastly, I don't think Iris West should still be wearing the Impulse costume. I get that is who she just became in Flash Rebirth and before Flashpoint but either give her her old costume or make her another Kid Flash. Bart is Impulse.
    Based on Doomsday Clock, she was meant to be 5G's Kid Flash. The thing is, everyone would've been aged up, probably causing Wallace to get a rebrand. Now, Wallace will probably remain as Kid Flash, which means whichever name Iris uses, she'll be sharing it. Jai never had a codename at all did he? The same panel in DDC implied he'd be a new heroic Turtle.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Based on Doomsday Clock, she was meant to be 5G's Kid Flash. The thing is, everyone would've been aged up, probably causing Wallace to get a rebrand. Now, Wallace will probably remain as Kid Flash, which means whichever name Iris uses, she'll be sharing it. Jai never had a codename at all did he? The same panel in DDC implied he'd be a new heroic Turtle.
    I would love for her to be a Kid Flash that resembles her The Kingdom/Chain Lightning appearances. Love that version of Iris (I will never say Irey ugh).

Incredible Member

I wouldn't read too much into the ending of DDC. Johns was clearly well out of the loop by that point.

Also, why would Wallace have been aged up? The timeline shown at a con which started all the speculation in earnest showed everyone would have been aged according to debut order (with a few exceptions - notably, Superman & Batman weren't part of the Golden Age, only the Silver Age onward), not any sort of prior in-continuity relative age. So, if anything, Iris Jr would have ended up *older* than Wallace. (Speed aging - cf Bart - notwithstanding).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    I wouldn't read too much into the ending of DDC. Johns was clearly well out of the loop by that point.

Also, why would Wallace have been aged up? The timeline shown at a con which started all the speculation in earnest showed everyone would have been aged according to debut order (with a few exceptions - notably, Superman & Batman weren't part of the Golden Age, only the Silver Age onward), not any sort of prior in-continuity relative age. So, if anything, Iris Jr would have ended up *older* than Wallace. (Speed aging - cf Bart - notwithstanding).
    One of the prevailing 5G rumors was that a time jump was going to be involved. It never stated how big the jump was going to be, enough that teen Jon was going to be adult Jon so he could be Superman, so I imagine that Wallace would've aged as well in to is early twenties.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Oh boy.
    I have only two problems with the Speed Metal tie-in:

1. I really hate zombies as story characters even as background. Not too fond of The Joker either. This has both. This is going to make it really hard for when they get around to making a soft or hardbound book of this. Not like other trades where the offensive-to-my-sensibilities scenes were small enough that a judiciously placed bit of paper and tape would do (screw a bit of damage to the page/s) However, I will get the book anyway because I FRIGGIN LOVED THE REST OF IT.

2. Well... *huff* Just when I was really starting to love the blue costume. That's all I'm going to say because this might constitute spoilers. Another reason to get the trade though, because that last page was *awesome*. Really, so many parts were awesome as was the art. At times it reminded me of old-timey comic strips where the art was..., well, pieces of art. Nice.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

I would love for her to be a Kid Flash that resembles her The Kingdom/Chain Lightning appearances. Love that version of Iris (I will never say Irey ugh).
    The Doomsday Clock cameo had her in a standard Kid Flash costume with her hair in a braid instead of twin tails. Presumably because she'd have aged up to looking like a teenager (she currently presents as being about 10).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post

I think the timeline was only to show the different generations. Not that the characters will age in debut order.

In fact, it was likely the different generations were still affected by the Crisis that rejuvenated and changed the characters.

In 5G, Jon would grow enough to be Superman. So, a time-skip in continuity will happen for 5G.
    Last edited by Konja7; 09-23-2020 at 05:01 AM.

BANNED

Ok, so I already told about what I love from Speed Metal. Now, because I assumed that most of you already read the issue, I want to talk about the problems that I had with Speed Metal. Don't get me wrong Speed Metal is really good, but even then there are some few hiccups here and there I believe and that are:

1. Wallace didn't do anything - The problem that I had noticed from this issue is Wallace didn't do anything in this issue. You can argue that Jay also didn't do anything and so are Jesse and Max, but Jay actually did scold both Wally and Barry to stop fighting and become the voice of adult in the group full of speedsters. Not to mention he also had several cool panel here and there. But, Wallace? He didn't do anything. He just came and basically there for most of part. I knew that from story PoV, he didn't really contribute to this story, because it's Wally and Barry stories and Wallace in harshest way possible didn't have history with anyone there, so he is kind just there. But, even then I expect Williamson make him do something. But, then again, there are so much thing you can stuff into this issue.

2. The dialogue - Now, I think it's weird because it's one shot issue tie in about events so I don't think I have to say it, but the dialogue are to explanatory and feels a little bit clunky. I think it's because Williamson need to explanation what happenings here, so people who didn't read or haven't read the Flash know what happens between Barry and Wally. But, even then I don't think you need to explain everything in every panels.

Aside from those two I think the mistakes are minors so I won't dwell on it too much, but now I want to talk with what I like and that are:

1. The panel where the Flashes prepare themself to run - If you look it closely you can see each person characteristic from their starting form. Jay and Wallace who are more sporty are making a proper starting form which is a good callback to Jay as a running back in his Flash's first appearances and Wallace hobby for sports. But, what about Barry and Wally? Not this is interesting, but Barry and Wally starting are similiar because Wally and Barry are student and mentor. They are similars and that made their bond more special too.

2. The Flashes fail - I loved that the first to fall are the slowest Jay which is explanatory because he always not the fastest Flash, and then Wallace who is the least experience out of all of them, Barry who is the leader so he stayed back to let Wally run. I loved tidbits like this which also one of my favorite panel is the one where Barry gave his speedforce to Wally, which resemble when Wally helped Barry to outrun the black racer and radion bullet in Final Crisis.

3. And finally the best out of everything is the crimson costume and I don't need to say anything because like me I'm sure you already wait for so long to see him in that costume again.

The Doomsday Clock cameo had her in a standard Kid Flash costume with her hair in a braid instead of twin tails. Presumably because she'd have aged up to looking like a teenager (she currently presents as being about 10).
    Its so weird that I don't remember that. I need to take a peek back at the DDC ending.

Astonishing Member

Eh, Wallace got more screentime and did more than everyone but the main Flashes. He was mostly just there to clue in Jay to Wally and Barry's grievances, but that's a bigger role than anyone else.

Wally's actually notably sporty. Big sports fan, plays super speed basketball a few times. He's more sports inclined than really any other superhero I can think of besides Jay. And Jay's football origins haven't made an appearance in decades.

Its so weird that I don't remember that. I need to take a peek back at the DDC ending.
    She's kind of off panel. You can see Jai as The Turtle and to his left there's seemingly a kid Flash with a braided ponytail/pigtail trailing and feminine build, and Iris is the only one who fits that description.
    Last edited by Dred; 09-23-2020 at 06:16 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Do the Flashes have other cities beside Central?

The speed metal thread gave me the idea to do this.
    Not gonna lie, i thought about a certain person while doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Do the Flashes have other cities beside Central?
    Keystone City.