Page 114 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 2018

Huh, I did not expect to see Vietti writing a comic...looks like Death in the Family has made him lean more into DC horror stories .

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    And to put the cherry on ice it's going to be written by Young Justice cartoon's co-creator. He's definitely being screwed over big time again.
    I think all that's left is evil Wally being used to prop up Wallace's Flash in the series which would do neither character any favors.
    Last edited by Rend20; 10-15-2020 at 09:47 AM.

written by BRANDON VIETTI
    art by DALE EAGLESHAM
    cover by BRANDON PETERSON
    card stock variant cover by KAARE ANDREWS
    ON SALE 1/5/21
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | 1 OF 2 | FC | DC
    CARD STOCK COVER $4.99 US
    With no powers, no backup and no other choice, Barry Allen and the other former Flashes face the deadliest threat they've ever encountered—Wally West. Possessed by an evil force trapped for thousands of years inside the Speed Force, Barry turns to his greatest foes' weapons to save the young man he loves like a son. In the end, how much will Barry sacrifice to save the former Kid Flash?

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    art by DALE EAGLESHAM
    ON SALE 1/5/21
    With no powers, no backup and no other choice, Barry Allen and the other former Flashes face the deadliest threat they've ever encountered—Wally West. Possessed by an evil force trapped for thousands of years inside the Speed Force, Barry turns to his greatest foes' weapons to save the young man he loves like a son. In the end, how much will Barry sacrifice to save the former Kid Flash?
    I can't see why any Wally fan would want to read this.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

This isn't canon, is it? It looks more like a potential future.

And how many stories involve Barry losing his powers?

Edit: yes, this looks to be a potential future and at least Wally is possessed. Still, no reason to read this. You're right--it looks to be a Didio-era castoff.
    Last edited by PennyDreadful; 10-15-2020 at 12:15 PM.

More painful junk...the Speed force is becoming the silliest, most useless powerset in DC. Every 15 minutes its lost or stolen. If you bump into a speedster WHAM you have their power. And since when can Barry be completely cut off from the SF? So &*& tired of this nonsense.

And who's the wrinkled blonde dude again? *eye roll*

Its EEEEEEEVUL.

The premise makes no sense either. If something is in the SF, wouldn't ALL the speedsters be affected?
    Last edited by BooCoo; 10-15-2020 at 12:50 PM.
    Professional KoOk, available nine days a week.

Please someone tell me this is the last gasp of the grimdark DC. Because enough is enough.

Also, didn't Barry originate the SF per Johns' retcon?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can't see why any Wally fan would want to read this.
    Didio’s revenge from beyond the grave is how I see it lol.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    Also, didn't Barry originate the SF per Johns' retcon?
    Williamson seemingly changed it with a retcon of his own during his run.

The new forces arc appeared to say Barry is merely an avatar rather than the creator and Speed Metal mentioned all speedsters steps generate it rather than just Barry. During the Perfect Storm arc, Grodd essentially severed Barry's connection to the Speed Force as well.
    Last edited by Rend20; 10-15-2020 at 01:05 PM.

The only bright side to this is that if Brandon Vietti takes over for good, he'll cut down on SF focus as he and his pal Greg Weisman hated the concept. It still doesn't inspire confidence for Wally's side however.

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    Williamson seemingly changed it with a retcon of his own during his run.

The new forces arc appeared to say Barry is merely an avatar rather than the creator and Speed Metal mentioned all speedsters steps generate it rather than just Barry. During the Perfect Storm arc, Grodd essentially severed Barry's connection to the Speed Force as well.
    Everybody and their brother severs Barry from the SF...its becoming a bad joke. New forces arc proved nothing...it was reconfirmed about Barry being the main flash back when he met hot Pursuit, an alternate Barry from another earth. Hot Pursuit used the SF in a motorcycle but it wasn't part of him. Hot pursuit used a wand to absorb SF from earth-0 Barry to confirm.

And the BF inexplicably stopped hunting the remaining 'force' users. Made no sense.

Writers pick and choose depending on the creative team to ignore what they want. Iris inexplicably went from a redhead to brown hair.
    Last edited by BooCoo; 10-15-2020 at 01:28 PM.
    Professional KoOk, available nine days a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    The only bright side to this is that if Brandon Vietti takes over for good, he'll cut down on SF focus as he and his pal Greg Weisman hated the concept. It still doesn't inspire confidence for Wally's side however.
    To be honest I'm not sure I trust them to come up with something better than the Speed Force and I think it's the least of the franchises' problems.

Oh, the joy of being a Jason Todd / Wally West fan.
    So much fun sometimes. Especially when an event strikes.

(Ignore my comments. I'm just complaining because I can't do anything else. I just need to vent a little. My apologies)

So now Wally is evulz and corrupted and needs to be saved. Sigh. Ok, whatever.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-15-2020 at 02:30 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    art by DALE EAGLESHAM
    ON SALE 1/5/21
    If you need confirmation that this was Didios plan at some point this is pretty much it.

As someone pointed out earlier, we dodged a bullet. No, actually, we dodged the Death Star.