Page 115 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 2018

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    If you need confirmation that this was Didios plan at some point this is pretty much it.
    Gotta give Didio credit... he found a way to piss off both Wally and Barry fans. That takes talent! Turns out the creative team for the Flash/Dr.Alchemy is temporary, only 4 issues. Yet another team will be doing the Winter arc. The future stuff just makes me laugh, it looks goofy as hell.

Hey guys, lets make crayzeeee alternate stuff till we figure out what we wanna do!
    Professional KoOk, available nine days a week.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I mean, 5G or "Future State" is a holdover from when Dan Didio was helming the ship, so this is not surprising.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BooCoo View Post
    Hey guys, lets make crayzeeee alternate stuff till we figure out what we wanna do!
    You gotta remember though before Didio was fired this was the actual plan for going forward not for two months but a year or more. So he was basically building the foundations of a new Flash literally on the bodies of the originals.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Well, that's two months where I don't buy anything DC.
    My COVID effected wallet thanks you!!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    written by BRANDON VIETTI
    art by DALE EAGLESHAM
    cover by BRANDON PETERSON
    card stock variant cover by KAARE ANDREWS
    ON SALE 1/5/21
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | 1 OF 2 | FC | DC
    CARD STOCK COVER $4.99 US
    With no powers, no backup and no other choice, Barry Allen and the other former Flashes face the deadliest threat they've ever encountered—Wally West. Possessed by an evil force trapped for thousands of years inside the Speed Force, Barry turns to his greatest foes' weapons to save the young man he loves like a son. In the end, how much will Barry sacrifice to save the former Kid Flash?
    Too bad it’s Wally.

I actually wouldn’t mind the story if it was Jai West, Wally’s son, being possessed with Wally, Barry and the others trying to stop/help him.

Why they go this route when we’re still recovering from Heroes in Crisis. Give us a break guys...
    Last edited by Will Evans; 10-15-2020 at 08:27 PM.

Look at it this way this is now an inconsequential elseworld series, so if it’s terrible then we can just flat out ignore it forever.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Look at it this way this is now an inconsequential elseworld series, so if it’s terrible then we can just flat out ignore it forever.
    Yeah, of all the Future State stuff, I doubt The Flash stuff will have any impact.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Yeah, all of Future State is basically just Convergence II so there's no need to get riled up about it. Some of it might be good, some might be bad but it's pretty much completely irrelevant.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, of all the Future State stuff, I doubt The Flash stuff will have any impact.
    Yeah the Flash FS getting pretty much zero hype compared to the Superman, WW, and Batman stuff, or even the GL/Aquawoman stuff, pretty much tells you it’s DOA something I wager even DC is conscious of. I’d bet part of the fights with Didio about 5G had to do with stuff like this lol. It’s a shame because a lot of the other stuff elsewhere is exciting, but I’m skipping Flash for this.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Reminded this is what DC wanted their universe going and had to change it. Still another needless attack on wally. I know its not count and never going to happen like Future's end. Still dc wants to do stories where they treat wally and his fans like garbage.

At this point, I think DC editors just love to troll Wally's fans. There's really no other explanation.

This was always going to happen. Ever since Flash Rebirth. I know people love saying there is room for 2 Flashes. "they can make 2 Flash books work". There are room for 2 main Flashes and they could have made two books work. But they were never going to and they never will. I don't care what Geoff Johns said at the time. Wally was always going to be doomed by not being the main Flash. He will always be the disposable one. The one who gets treated poorly. When Barry Allen came back Wally West became the redundant Flash in DC's eyes.

None of this should be a surprise. Even with Didio gone and Speed Metal being a nice book.

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    This was always going to happen. Ever since Flash Rebirth. I know people love saying there is room for 2 Flashes. "they can make 2 Flash books work". There are room for 2 main Flashes and they could have made two books work. But they were never going to and they never will. I don't care what Geoff Johns said at the time. Wally was always going to be doomed by not being the main Flash. He will always be the disposable one. The one who gets treated poorly. When Barry Allen came back Wally West became the redundant Flash in DC's eyes.

None of this should be a surprise. Even with Didio gone and Speed Metal being a nice book.
    I mean, this seems like something Didio concocted, so given it's not permanent and Didio is no longer working at DC I don't hold this as evidence of the future for The Flashes.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Well, that's two months where I don't buy anything DC.
    My COVID effected wallet thanks you!!
    This is going to be Convergence all over again. DC sales are going to get nuked for a year or more by another one of Didio's decisions. Except there is no Rebirth to save the sinking ship this time. DC is going down like the Titanic!
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 10-16-2020 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, this seems like something Didio concocted, so given it's not permanent and Didio is no longer working at DC I don't hold this as evidence of the future for The Flashes.
    I get it. Just my opinion.