Page 119 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 2018
    Astonishing Member

I do not know where you got that impression of Rick Tyler from.

I would also like to see more of their relationship explored. I always thought it was a neat, natural extension of Rex and Johnny's friendship that their kids would meet and grow fond, especially after Johnny saved Rick. That is, unfortunately, lacking in Jesse's influence in the relationship but they were cute together.
    Last edited by Dred; 11-15-2020 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    Well, the Jesse Chambers/Rick Tyler "marriage" needs to be drop-kicked into a COIE anti-matter wave and whited out of existence. Jesse deserves much, much better than to have an obnoxious muscle-head like Rick tied around her neck like an albatross. Geoff Johns' failure to even build up a believable relationship between two characters who didn't even a professional relationship with each other, just "time skip" them into a marriage with no build-up at all, is only matched by fans' mindless willingness to lap it up like it was the next Green Arrow & Black Canary (another relationship in which the woman deserves so, so much better).
    Rick was pretty far from being a muscle-head by the time they got together, and I thought those backups with them going up against Icicle Jr. and Tigress showed they work well as a couple in my opinion.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

I’m just not too worked up over Future State. At least for the Flash, it doesn’t look to have any impact past February. Aside from the new multiverse Flash, of course.

At least this is a case of possession and hopefully they will give the Flashverse a much needed revamp. Maybe new leadership will make that possible.

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    I’m just not too worked up over Future State. At least for the Flash, it doesn’t look to have any impact past February. Aside from the new multiverse Flash, of course.

At least this is a case of possession and hopefully they will give the Flashverse a much needed revamp. Maybe new leadership will make that possible.
    Yeah given all the multiverse stuff that goes on with Flash lately it would not surprise me if Kid Quick/Future State Flash appears in some shape or form; either as a young Kid Quick or an adult Flash remains to be seen.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yeah given all the multiverse stuff that goes on with Flash lately it would not surprise me if Kid Quick/Future State Flash appears in some shape or form; either as a young Kid Quick or an adult Flash remains to be seen.
    And I'm guessing the Future State Flash just doesn't get mentioned again because it's removed from the timeline somehow.

It’s frustrating that Flash side of Future Slate is pure filler.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    It’s frustrating that Flash side of Future Slate is pure filler.
    Not even good filler.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Um... it's all filler. That's literally the whole point of Future State.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Exactly.
    Come and see Convergence 2.0!
    Ugh
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Exactly.
    Come and see Convergence 2.0!
    Ugh
    I did like some issues of Convergence and I may well like some of this. It's nothing to get upset about even just in the bigger picture of DC, though.

I would be more worried about the latest round of firings at DC means.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Even as a filler, Superman and Wonder Woman have some cool ideas that we can at least enjoy for 2 months. Even Batman, to a lesser extent.

The sad part is that Aquaman, a hero that doesn't really had a history of being a legacy character, will get a cool and respectable transition to the next generation in Future State with Jackson, as Aquaman, training Andy so she can become Aquawoman. While Flash is stuck with this stupid story about Barry vs Wally again.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Even as a filler, Superman and Wonder Woman have some cool ideas that we can at least enjoy for 2 months. Even Batman, to a lesser extent.

The sad part is that Aquaman, a hero that doesn't really had a history of being a legacy character, will get a cool and respectable transition to the next generation in Future State with Jackson, as Aquaman, training Andy so she can become Aquawoman. While Flash is stuck with this stupid story about Barry vs Wally again.
    Sure. It looks crap. But it's a remnant of Didio's vision of the Flash. Who cares, though? It's just two months of filler.

The much bigger question is whether there will be space for any legacy and c-grade (in terms of sales) characters once the dust has settled on the new AT&T Comics.

Astonishing Member

Sure. It looks crap. But it's a remnant of Didio's vision of the Flash. Who cares, though? It's just two months of filler.

The much bigger question is whether there will be space for any legacy and c-grade (in terms of sales) characters once the dust has settled on the new AT&T Comics.
    It just sucks because it's crap that could've been used too FINALLY breathe a little life or interest into something besides Barry or Wally (especially evil Wally). Say what you will about filler or whatever but good enough non-canon stories can be canon and we're certainly robbed of that here by a fundamentally stupid idea.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

I did like some issues of Convergence and I may well like some of this. It's nothing to get upset about even just in the bigger picture of DC, though.

I would be more worried about the latest round of firings at DC means.
    Pretty sure I passed on even the speedster Convergence since they made sure to kill of The Elseworlds Justice Rider universe. The only EW I really, really liked.
    I loved Justice Rider Wally and Diana. Kept hoping they would have done another book based on the characters.
    Instead Didio made sure it was stamped out.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Linkara looks at the first appearance of Wally West