Page 17 of 135 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast
    Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheImperfectFlash View Post
    First look at Hot Topic Exclusive Kid Flash

Finally...
    This will be mine.....

When is it released?
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    They were talking about wally.
    Jason sayz, "they arrested him, can you believe it? Wally west on trial for murder."
    She asks "he is still not alive? You took your revenge upon him, i am certain".
    Jason then exclaims "for what? He didn't do it on purpose. It was an accident. I feel bad for west. I am not going to kill someone over something--" i think he meant to finish the sentence with "something like that".
    Anyways, Artemis can only think jason took wally's life if wally was presumed dead.
    What Artemis is asking to Jason is, if Wally is still alive, because Jason is a guy who, usually, would kill the murderer of his friends. But he didn't go to kill Wally in this case, because he doesn't really blame Wally.

Here you have the two pages that cover that whole conversation.

https://ibb.co/MCZFYBy
    https://ibb.co/rprSsBS

They're implying that Wally is dead nowhere that I can see. They are talking about him in present tense.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 01-30-2020 at 03:37 AM.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Finally...
    Im.not really a fan of Funko pops but I'll support anything Wally so I might get this.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    What Artemis is asking to Jason is, if Wally is still alive, because Jason is a guy who, usually, would kill the murderer of his friends. But he didn't go to kill Wally in this case, because he doesn't really blame Wally.

They're implying that Wally is dead nowhere that I can see. They are talking about him in present tense.
    Funny to see another comic reference HIC and specifically Wally since the rest of the line seem to refuse to even acknowledge it exists.

But its Lodbell so it makes sense. Gotta say this small scene is written well also.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post

It feels wierd. She didn't ask him "is he still alive?". She says "he's still not alive?". I took it as her saying "wally died, didn't he?i am certain you did it".
    We will see. Nobody seems to notice wally is gone, either way.

It feels wierd. She didn't ask him "is he still alive?". She says "he's still not alive?". I took it as her saying "wally died, didn't he?i am certain you did it".
    We will see. Nobody seems to notice wally is gone, either way.
    It doesn't feel weird for me at all O.o. But yeah, we will see.

(To be honest, nobody seems to, because, outside Flash, the characters that would are nowhere to notice. And then, it's not like they gave a lot of though to him before even HiC. I remember how much we were waiting for Wally to show up in Flash after that handful of issues when he came back. And then he showed up... to be the relatively bad guy of that story arc. And once the Titans dissolved, he didn't have another place but Flash to appear--while Roy still appeared in an arc in the Titans book, and had another short story in Nightwing with Dick and Damian. And it really seems like The Flash only can be the book of Barry).

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

I thought this might be relevant here.
    Me don't want. I do agree that the art was stellar, but everything else was shite. Even if you take away the fact that I'm a big Wally fan and that this was a giant middle finger to Geoff John's Rebirth?....Half-baked shite.

Finally...
    Me wants. Probably won't get because the resellers around this area are rabid and many so any copies will end up on Evil Bay for really inflated prices and I won't overpay for something no matter how much I'd like it.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

I really don’t see the appeal of funko pops......
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I really don’t see the appeal of funko pops......
    Shelf warmers, I guess ?

That and they're cute...

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

[QUOTE=manwhohaseverything;4807712]

Finally...
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Shelf warmers, I guess ?

That and they're cute...
    Admittedly, they have a cuteness that comes and goes for me. I have one of Domo The Flash (some Japanese character as Barry's Flash) and one of traditional Superman. Almost gave them away...but then the cuteness factor shifted back in just in time to save them.

And it's Wally. How many figures out there feature our Wally?

Okay, I still don't have the Rebirth Wally action figure though it's because I was really wanting a statue of him. Action figures always look 'off' because they have to allow for joint movements. If by the time they start getting scarce they still don't come out with a different Rebirth Wally figure then I'll seriously look into getting it.

(if my cats don't send me to the poor farm first... You'd think abandoned animals would be less picky on their food choices. )
    Last edited by Kyer; 01-31-2020 at 09:53 PM. Reason: remove video
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dougbauer View Post
    Im sure Wally will be in there. But I just expect it to be extremely minimal and insignificant. Booth saying to check it out gives me a bit more hope but not by much.
    Still a wait and see for me. The disappointment of the variant covers has really lessened my excitement for it.

Cool article. Wally had a great cast of supporting and side characters which was part of what made the book so great. It also made Wally really fun and relatable. Some of Wallys every man personality and aspects definitely came from his interactions with these other characters.

A lot of comics back then actually had good supporting casts which really made the stories great. Another thing severely lacking in today's comics.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Great article!!!

Messner-Loebs gave us the Wally we know and love and Mark Waid *ahem* ran with it.
    Baron's Wally was a self centred jerk. Bill took the character and molded him into a multi-faceted character and created some of the best relationships in comics.
    He is not given enough credit OR enough work!!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

091616.jpg
    10char.