Page 21 of 135 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Even back in the 90's I always stood by that if Zero Hour was told in Marvel.... Hal would have won. marvel has a long history of 'reseting' any bad universe changing catastrophies. Whether the beyonder, the infinity gauntlet... Whatever Deus Ex Machina they have on hand that says 'Bad things happened... Good guys undo that' has always worked. DC though? They tend to focus the OTHER way. Erasing the mistakes of the past... is not allowed for whatever stupid reason they decided to come up with.

If Metron was using his vast knowledge to unilaterally decide what was right and wrong for the universe... It would be considered bad. If/When Doctor Manhattan uses his godlike powers to remake worlds... it's a bad thing that the mortals should unite to stop.

Wally using Metron and Manhattan's powers... should be treated the same way. Just for consistency if no other reason.

And I still maintain Flashpoint was stupid beyond reason. Stopping evil Time travelers from changing history should NEVER be seen as 'a mistake'.
    As said hal, barry.. Etc were humans trying to step foot on holly grounds. Wally can now. He is a god. He is one of them. Then again even if we take your notions into account. That was before doomsday clock, where gods were asked for inaction. Now, a indifferent inactive manhattan (a god) is willed into action by the ultimate man of action(superman) .
    “I am a being of inaction. On a collision course with a man of action. To this universe of hope… I have become the villain.”

The whole you can't change destiny thing was manhattan's whole shtick.

“We're all puppets, Laurie. I'm just a puppet who can see the strings.”
    Even,his actions to change mess with dcu metaverse was because he saw superman punch his lights out. He genuinely believed that was his fate and destiny which cannot be changed. (he might not have even wanted to change)but, that didn't happen. If this is a continuation of that thread from doomsday clock.he has developed and changed. Manhattan has learned to act. If He has chosen his successor in wally, to do the act. Wally has to fight destiny or time or whatever.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-07-2020 at 07:04 AM.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    As said hal, barry.
    So, if this "works", the implication is that Wally is better than Hal n' Barry?

He is better than them, of course, but boy, will the next ten years of fanboy wars be fun!

Good thing I had practice.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post

He is better than them, of course, but boy, will the next ten years of fanboy wars be fun!

Yeah! I guess. We don't know why wally was chosen for the power(in universe) or the struggle. Maybe its because he was the one who confronted manhattan. Also, keep in mind. The tempus fugnuat had been preparing wally to sit on the chair of metron and wally was called the agents or antibodies of metaverse sent to repair itself by manhattan . So for all intents and purposes wally being the unmoored one kindof flips the situation from (i don't know if you have read or watched full-metal-alchemist)
    “Humans who would dare to play God must pay a steep price for their arrogance. That is truth.”
    To
    "Struggle! Challenge! And rise to struggle again! That's the only sword a struggler can use against death!! Don't ever forget that!"
    Berserk like struggle against fate. Ofcourse, these are just my pet wishes and hopes.
    Regardless, Wally being unmoored is very important,i believe.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-07-2020 at 07:42 AM.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Yeah! I guess. We don't know why wally was chosen for the power(in universe) or the struggle.
    He is "pure" enough to do it. Wally has reset reality at least twice (Chain Lightining and a Justice League story of which details are fuzzy to me).
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

It was also Wally who restored the world's memory of Donna Troy when her history was erased (to the point that even the other Titans couldn't remember her and there was no mention of her in the team's databanks).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by TheImperfectFlash View Post
    Oh hey look, Wonder Woman in a leotard again!

I don't see this as being permanent and it's probably to set up an event, but if it leads to Wally restoring important bits of DC history, I'm down.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

I.... dunno.
    I kind of always liked Metron and was dismayed when they killed him off.
    Maybe Wally will fix things by bringing him back and returning to him the Chair of Doom. Speedsters were never meant to just sit on their duffs.

Besides, I remember when Wally was lost in the Speed Force (yes, *again* lol) and wound up on a planet that worshiped him as a god. It made him very uncomfortable despite the perks of free foot rubs by beautiful women. (again *lol*) So I have trouble with him accepting the gig of 'god' for more than the minimal job time.

On the other hand... I also am partial to blue uniforms.

Still, I think this is going to last about as long or shorter than White Lantern Kyle did.
    Who, I have to bring up, I haven't seen or heard of lately.

ps. My biggest worry is that Jokerized Batman is so big in the pic. I really dislike that character. A lot. A lot of a lot. Too disturbing.
    Last edited by Kyer; 02-08-2020 at 05:38 PM.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    I.... dunno.
    I kind of always liked Metron and was dismayed when they killed him off.
    Maybe Wally will fix things by bringing him back and returning to him the Chair of Doom. Speedsters were never meant to just sit on their duffs.

Besides, I remember when Wally was lost in the Speed Force (yes, *again* lol) and wound up on a planet that worshiped him as a god. It made him very uncomfortable despite the perks of free foot rubs by beautiful women. (again *lol*) So I have trouble with him accepting the gig of 'god' for more than the minimal job time.

On the other hand... I also am partial to blue uniforms.

Still, I think this is going to last about as long or shorter than White Lantern Kyle did.
    Who, I have to bring up, I haven't seen or heard of lately.

ps. My biggest worry is that Jokerized Batman is so big in the pic. I really dislike that character. A lot. A lot of a lot. Too disturbing.
    From what i heard the chair was destroyed in the last issue of flash forward (i could be wrong). Wally merges with it and doctor manhattan's abilities. I think wally will be still running around.
    As for god gig, he has powers of a god. Doesn't mean he sees himself as such.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post

If done right Wally changing reality could be portrayed as being heroic and not villainess. As long as its presented as correcting the time line to what it should be rather than changing it from what its supposrd to be it what is Wallys own ideal world.

But that's up to DC to decide what is a natural occurrence and supposed to happen and be the real reality.

With Hal Coast city was an unfortunate event but happened "naturally " with no time shenanigans or reality warping. What Hal as Parallax tried to do was unnatural and therefore bad.

With Barry and Flashpoint it really makes no.sense and they changed the rules just to shoe horn in Barry's new status quo and Flashpoint bringing in the New 52.

Natural reality was Barry's mom was alive and was established so for decades . Reverse Flash going back in time to change the past was unnatural. They just decided that Barry correcting reality and reversing, (heh), Reverse Flash's unnaturall meddling was "bad" for the above reasons. But really it shouldnt have been disastrous as he was just putting things back the way they were for decades .

With the recent Doomsday clock they kept to the regular rules of Dr Manhattan being a villain with messing with reality. So if done right Wally putting things back and correcting what Manhattan did should be seen as heroic.

Unless DC decides New 52 or current status is the correct reality and Wally is just making things the way he wants it to be ala Zero hour Parallax.

Which I could totally see happening as the current DC is Didio's world, he hates Wally and in story it would make sense from the way they portrayed Wally the last few years as being out of place and not happy and especially in HIC (gag).

So it all depends and I dont have too much confidence but we shall see.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

BANNED

5G has Wally in it. So no.

Anyway Changes Zoom make can't be undone.

Wait...wasn't Grid of Earth 3's Crime Syndicate made part of the Mobius chair as well? Because if that's the case, either Grid and possibly the Crime Syndicate are the villains of Generation Zero getting in Wally's way or Wally may have some problems with a certain evil cyborgs influencing. Here’s my quote from the new timeline thread.

Ok so I kind of just put this together after posting in the Wally thread, and I am not sure if anyone else said this already, but if Wally isn't going to be the villain in Generation Zero ala Parallax in Zero Hour (and I really hope he isn't) I think I thought of another suspect or suspects who could be the villains. I thought of this because when it comes to the Mobius Chair I remembered a forth entity involved...Grid of the Crime Syndicate. If you remember in Darkseid War, Owlman after stealing the mobius chair put the Earth 3 counterpart of Cyborg, Grid, into the chair and Grid even speaks to him before Doctor Manhattan annihilates them. That means Grid is still in the Chair when Wally gets its power along with Doctor Manhattan's power from the Chair, which would also go to Grid. Besides that you know who else made a recent appearance as being alive again, the Crime Syndicate in Hell Arisen. So, either we are going generic that Wally goes mad with power or The Crime Syndicate ala Grid is gonna try to rewrite history/the universe. I could be completely wrong but it is something to think about if Grid is still in the chair.
    Last edited by sifighter; 02-09-2020 at 03:05 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    5G has Wally in it. So no.

Anyway Changes Zoom make can't be undone.
    Why bedsides the obvious book says so. Honestly I’m all for Wally preventing Zoom
    From changing the past. Especially Barry’s as that was a step too far for their rivalry.

Astonishing Member

I'm just waiting for the reveal that the "God" who Thawne ran to and zapped him in The Button was actually Wally

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    I'm just waiting for the reveal that the "God" who Thawne ran to and zapped him in The Button was actually Wally

10characters10characters
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)