Page 24 of 135 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast
    Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    It is frustrating that they can't just let Wally be who he is. But we all know that Didio needs Barry to be the one and only and not just the main one. I wouldn't mind them putting a new twist on Wally to give him his own niche but keeping his core intact.

As far as the preview goes I dont mind this whole Dr Manhattan Wally as long as it's just a very temporary stint just for this story. Could be interesting.

Wally also does look very cool in that blue suit.
    First.... gotta say I am so very glad the 'mantle of Dr. M. does indeed include a suit because... Dr. M doesn't actually have one.

Two.... If Didio is allowing this to keep Wally from being a Flash then it doesn't bode well for Jay Garrick.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    First.... gotta say I am so very glad the 'mantle of Dr. M. does indeed include a suit because... Dr. M doesn't actually have one.

Two.... If Didio is allowing this to keep Wally from being a Flash then it doesn't bode well for Jay Garrick.
    Ha. Yes that is very true. Naked Wally would be...awkward. Let's not give Didio any ideas. Lol.

Jay will probably end up stuck in the past or retired.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

BANNED

Nah Jay will be around.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I don't want him sitting in a chair. I want wally running in space, through time and bending reality. The chair becomes him, along with the power to see from doctor manhattan.Since, we have seen wally beat speed force. Now speedforce becomes his slave. He uses it to warp reality with knowledge from the chair and sight of Manhattan to guide him.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-14-2020 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    is it so hard to just make him the f@#$ing Flash?
    As long as Dan Didio is in place, probably. And probably even after that.

Astonishing Member

I want Wally interacting with his friends, family, and colleagues, which this entire lark has isolated him from for a long, long time.

BANNED

I wouldn’t mind Wally naked, just saying :P

Still not a fan of cosmic Wally either way, he always worked better on the streets imo

Astonishing Member

A cosmic/timestream trip here and there fit him well. This all seems like a overwrought excuse to continue to keep him isolated, just like Flash War, just like Heroes in Crisis.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    I want Wally interacting with his friends, family, and colleagues, which this entire lark has isolated him from for a long, long time.
    I've been waiting since Rebirth for a Wally & Kyle reunion. We had a Superman reunion that started out good (for one book) before everything went south. Richard Grayson was the only friendship reunion I was satisfied with for more than one book! Then they ruined Dick and the whole Titan gang by making the Justice League into morons.
    *facepalm*
    Honestly. I just wanted to buy a book and experience some actual fun that went on for more than one page. Was that too much ask?

Apparently.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Didio and fun don't mix. He basically aged up jon cause he was making superman fun for kids and people. What a sin. He probably hate wally, dick.. Etc for the same. What he wants is kewl, edgy, angsty... Etc. He likes the angst of spiderman and he wants every character to be that. Whining about parker luck,all the damn time

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Marvel has like 5 Spider-people running around and it's not a problem for any of them. They all have their own books in their own corners and sometimes meet up together. I don't understand why DC can't do this. For Flash, GL, and etc.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Marvel has like 5 Spider-people running around and it's not a problem for any of them. They all have their own books in their own corners and sometimes meet up together. I don't understand why DC can't do this. For Flash, GL, and etc.
    To be fair, Marvel only seriously publishes solo books for three spider-characters (not counting Venom or when Peter gets double books). Most of them fade into the background or get shoved off to team books.

The best Wally could hope for is the Miles treatment.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan

When did Spidey get angsty?
    I remember enjoying the old "Spiderman, Spiderman, does whatever a spider can..." and he was usually quipping up a storm.

I bet the new Obiwan Kenobi tv series (if it ever comes out) will then not have The Master Of Trolling having a blast either?

Man, stop the world. I wanna get off.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I never understood it myself. Marvel's method for handling multiple people with the same mantle works, but DC hasn't done this at all.

Marvel comic management saw the other Spiders as assets and so cultivated an environment where the multiple Spiders can excel and flourish even, be it in other comics or other media. DC on the other hand had a singular vision, thinking general audiences would be confused by too many characters, and so prioritized who they thought general audiences could most easily accept and saw other characters as threats.
    The Batfamily is closest they would compromise, but even there besides Batman the rest are starving for scraps creatively, and basically has become a refuge for bottom of the charts creators who DC management just happen to like having around more so then readers. With their boring old fashioned ideas and tired executions that don’t draw any general interest. The Bat family exists, but it’s support is laughable. The old guard at DC quite frankly need to change or just go. They are short sighted, think too little of audiences, and will sacrifice properties to feed friends.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-15-2020 at 06:05 PM.