Page 37 of 135 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    His last Pre-FP costume would be awesome with silver instead of gold. It would further differentiate him from Barry and would avoid being too close to his Kid Flash look.
    I made some changes with Photoshop and i kinda liked.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

Really cool! Keep his power signature blue and you have two recognizable yet distinct Flashes (3 counting Jay).

Not bad. I like it .

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Wally's story in The Flash #750 leaked :

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/02...erse-spoilers/

This is glorious. I just can't wait ...
    spoilers:
    Awwww, Wally holding Wallace is so cute! See this is what I want from the timeline changes, I want characters to FIT IN. So do both of them share the same parents? Or does Iris have more than one sibling?

Also, Booth needs to draw Wallace a little bit younger because they look too close in age (Wallace seriously looks too big for Wally to be holding him like a toddler) considering Wally is currently in his mid-late 20s and Wallace just started his teenage years.
    end of spoilers

Whilst I seem to be one of the few who likes Wally's Rebirth costume, I can't deny that your photoshop edit using the Walter West costume is an undeniable improvement. The colour scheme between the dark red and bright silver works well and differentiates him from Barry's now staple bright red and yellow suit. Good job on this.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Or does Iris have more than one sibling?
    I believe Iris has always had two West siblings.

There was her brother Rudy (Wally's father) and a sister named Charlotte in the Pre-Flashpoint timeline. In the Post-Flashpoint timeline, they swapped Charlotte out for another brother named Daniel -- who is Wallace's father. Rudy is still Wally's father in the Post-Flashpoint timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Cowl reminds me of the 90's Flash. So I have a soft spot for it

Glad to see I'm not the only one who sees it.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    spoilers:
    Awwww, Wally holding Wallace is so cute! See this is what I want from the timeline changes, I want characters to FIT IN. So do both of them share the same parents? Or does Iris have more than one sibling?

Also, Booth needs to draw Wallace a little bit younger because they look too close in age (Wallace seriously looks too big for Wally to be holding him like a toddler) considering Wally is currently in his mid-late 20s and Wallace just started his teenage years.
    end of spoilers
    That was already established in last year's Flash Year One story.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Wally's story in The Flash #750 leaked :

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/02...erse-spoilers/

This is glorious. I just can't wait ...
    Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

It is grear to finally see them address all of the craziness head on. Especially with Wally front and center.

Question is will anything actually be resolved from it or will it all just be acknowledged and then forgotten like in the prelude to Darkseid War and at the start of Rebirth.

Great art though and it's cool to see the contrast of the different timelines. This is the first time I've been kind of excited and interested in what DC has been doing in a year or so.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    Johns' short story in #750 is apparently going to feature Captain Cold and Wally as well.
    Good to hear. Gotta check out that article. Happy that Wally is getting more than one story in there and its not just a bridge from Flash Forward to whatever is coming next but an actual Wally story that highlights his awesome run.

Although I wish they would have a story from my favorite run, the Messner-Loebs and Waid era.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of those foil variants....
    I think the foil variants are really cool and would love to get it. Unfortunately though I'm not too keen on any of the variants at all.

The only one I actually like is the Jay 40's variant. Although I'll probably end up getting the 90's "Wally" variant. At least it has the 90's cover dress.

I was almost not going to get it altogether but now that I hear it has some Wally in it I think I will. So I'll just pick wich variant I am the least meh about.

Wow. That's awesome. Great job. I would love if they actually used this. The dark red and silver look really good and really give Wally his own look but not too far away so that he still looks like a Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Good to hear. Gotta check out that article. Happy that Wally is getting more than one story in there and its not just a bridge from Flash Forward to whatever is coming next but an actual Wally story that highlights his awesome run.
    Although I wish they would have a story from my favorite run, the Messner-Loebs and Waid era.
    I think the foil variants are really cool and would love to get it. Unfortunately though I'm not too keen on any of the variants at all.

The only one I actually like is the Jay 40's variant. Although I'll probably end up getting the 90's "Wally" variant. At least it has the 90's cover dress.

I was almost not going to get it altogether but now that I hear it has some Wally in it I think I will. So I'll just pick wich variant I am the least meh about.
    I pre ordered all of them, but I'm a hopeless addict.
    But yes I'm disappointed nobody asked Bill Messner-Loebs to make a contribution. Especially considering, his length of tenure on the title, the character contributions he made and his financial situation. Giving him a few pages would have been appreciated all round.
    DC was NEVER going to ask Mark Waid to contribute anything. More's the pity.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

But yes I'm disappointed nobody asked Bill Messner-Loebs to make a contribution. Especially considering, his length of tenure on the title, the character contributions he made and his financial situation. Giving him a few pages would have been appreciated all round.
    DC was NEVER going to ask Mark Waid to contribute anything. More's the pity.
    Ha I hear that. Which ones do you actually like though?

As far as Wally's history goes on main writers, that doesn't leave a lot of options. With DC not getting Loebs and refusing to go near Waid that just leaves John's, whom they got and Baron. He might have been interesting but not really a Wally writer favorite.

As far as contemporary writers, they got Lobdell for the Flash Forward epilogue which is fine. Williamson would have been.cool since he writes a good Wally. Maybe Moreci is writing one since he wrote that awesome Wally/Nightwing team up one shot.

I didn't think Wally Fans would want Messner-Loebs… Wasn't his run all about how Wally was slower than Barry... Still in the shadow of his hero... Trying to live up to is legacy? All the things that people on this board rail against? Dredging up that version would have been problematic at best I would think... Personally I love my characters with flaws and him being slower was awesome to me... but I'm surprised to hear that others look fondly on that era now.

Fantastic Member

I didn't think Wally Fans would want Messner-Loebs…
    I'd say the majority of Wally fans on this forum (and elsewhere) think highly of Messner-Loebs run.

A lot of the things Waid did were set up by Messner-Loebs, and he had some of the best one-off issues the series has ever had. His character stuff at the time made perfect sense and was incredibly well done. He brought in Linda, he made Wally & Piper friends, and his characterization of Wally helped inspire the JL/U take on the character.

Wasn't his run all about how Wally was slower than Barry... Still in the shadow of his hero... Trying to live up to is legacy? All the things that people on this board rail against?
    Those things were a huge part of Wally's story and why it was so engaging. A lot of us don't want to see Wally's character regress, especially if it's only because Barry is around, but that has nothing to do with how we view the Messner-Loebs era as his run was about progression.
    Last edited by Rend20; 03-02-2020 at 10:27 AM.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

I didn't think Wally Fans would want Messner-Loebs… Wasn't his run all about how Wally was slower than Barry... Still in the shadow of his hero... Trying to live up to is legacy? All the things that people on this board rail against? Dredging up that version would have been problematic at best I would think... Personally I love my characters with flaws and him being slower was awesome to me... but I'm surprised to hear that others look fondly on that era now.
    I don't think anyone on this board pushed the idea that those themes were a bad take or that specifically Messner Loebs run was bad for it. Quite the contrary, Bill Loebs run is quite loved.

The problem here always was to try and enforce that kind of characterization now: after Loebs set up for Waid, Waid expanded the franchise, Johns did his thing, etc. No one has any problem with Wally's history, only with Wally being stuck in it, specially in a less flattering period.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!