Page 43 of 135 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Oh, I agree: fixing Wally is paramount over other concerns and a straight out 'all is well' story would be terribly boring save in something like those Holiday books containing several short stories. Those don't need conflict like a one-story or multi-book story does.
    It just that Walter's fate to have lost both loves of his life and his very world has really irked me. I'd love to see him get to stay happy. (Well, as long as a comic book character can be allowed to stay happy. See 'conflict'.)
    ironically, it's the fact that Walter got such a raw deal that makes him such a perfect fit for this purpose. In the short-term, at least, I feel like the best approach would be to pile on even more: I'd want the readers to go “Holy carp! this guy's life sucks!”
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Talk about suck'n.... In my mailbox:

We wanted to let you know that the release date has changed for the item that you preordered. The new release date is: Tuesday, Sep 1, 2020.
    This is in regards to my copy of Mike Baron's Flash: Savage Velocity paperback (compilation of Wally's first year as Flash) and was a rude reminder that things are horrible in China.
    Suspect that all other preorders are also going to be massively delayed. Along with everything else we let China take over with manufacturing.

(Please note that I'm in no way putting priority of having books over people's health or being trite with the horror that is the Wuhan Virus striking so many people. It's just I was busy catching up on work before company arrives and that email was a hard reminder of the suffering going on right now beyond empty shelves in certain parts of the stores.)
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Flash_Forward_1_f181c506-e9ae-4554-a8ed-1aa961de8209_large.jpg

This issue was my favorite one of the Flash Forward series. Was a really fun issue.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Please DC,
    Whoever is eventually hired to replace Dan DiDio, can they PLEASE keep their personal tastes to themselves and NOT have it influence their publishing line?
    Let's see a Wally book. A Titans book. A Nightwing book starring Dick Grayson. If enough of your clients are asking for it, how about giving it a whirl?
    Please keep in mind that the Silver Age reiteration of characters are NOT the be-all, end-all.
    Thanks.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Please DC,
    Whoever is eventually hired to replace Dan DiDio, can they PLEASE keep their personal tastes to themselves and NOT have it influence their publishing line?
    Let's see a Wally book. A Titans book. A Nightwing book starring Dick Grayson. If enough of your clients are asking for it, how about giving it a whirl?
    Please keep in mind that the Silver Age reiteration of characters are NOT the be-all, end-all.
    Thanks.
    I don't think DiDio's position will be filled by anyone. It seems Jim Lee is going to be steering the ship. He seems rather passive to me, and I don't know that he feels particularly strongly about any of the DC characters. Maybe Batman.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    I don't think DiDio's position will be filled by anyone. It seems Jim Lee is going to be steering the ship. He seems rather passive to me, and I don't know that he feels particularly strongly about any of the DC characters. Maybe Batman.
    Maybe that's better an unbiased person running the ship

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    From what little I've heard, Lee does seem to be a pretty even-keeled guy. I hope that he knows better than to allow personal bias to sway business reasoning, and I suspect he does. But I've rarely heard much from him so I really don't know.

He seems perhaps a little too fond of the Bat for my liking, but that describes all of DC's employees it seems. And he seems to push for WildStorm as much as he reasonably can, which only makes sense. But it's that he apparently pushes "reasonably" that gives me hope; if he's not going to push WS harder than he should then he's not likely to let personal opinion cloud his judgement as much as Didio seemed to with certain characters.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    From what little I've heard, Lee does seem to be a pretty even-keeled guy. I hope that he knows better than to allow personal bias to sway business reasoning, and I suspect he does. But I've rarely heard much from him so I really don't know.

He seems perhaps a little too fond of the Bat for my liking, but that describes all of DC's employees it seems. And he seems to push for WildStorm as much as he reasonably can, which only makes sense. But it's that he apparently pushes "reasonably" that gives me hope; if he's not going to push WS harder than he should then he's not likely to let personal opinion cloud his judgement as much as Didio seemed to with certain characters.
    Even I can't fault him for that since one of his big breaks was Hush, so it isn't surprising there would be a natural affinity.

With the second issue of Generations missing from the June solicitations, does that mean the whole series is being changed and since Wally is central to it where does that leave him?

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    With the second issue of Generations missing from the June solicitations, does that mean the whole series is being changed and since Wally is central to it where does that leave him?
    wouldn't be surprised if whatever bs they had planned for him is now getting scrapped and he just won't appear in anything.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

I hope Wally will lose his new powers sooner than latter and will be right on time to help Barry against the Legion of Zoom.

Quote Originally Posted by deadman322 View Post
    wouldn't be surprised if whatever bs they had planned for him is now getting scrapped and he just won't appear in anything.
    Not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing. It looked like DC was finally easing off on Wally. But eventually Didio would probably not have been.able.to hold himself back and fell into the same old destroy Wally cycle.

Although it might turn out better for us Wally fans now. The demand for Wally and his fans are still here. But instead of Didio trying to shut it down by killing or undermining Wally or just telling us hes sick of hearing it, or whatever other trolling he would do, maybe the new management will actually just give the fans what we want and just good Wally adventures and content.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    I hope Wally will lose his new powers sooner than latter and will be right on time to help Barry against the Legion of Zoom.
    I heard a rumor that the story is building up to a Zoom family vs Flash family war. If true hopefully Wally will be included.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post

I heard a rumor that the story is building up to a Zoom family vs Flash family war.
    Not a rumor actually. You can see Williamson teasing this War in the Jay Garrick short story, in The Flash #750.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Not a rumor actually. You can see Williamson teasing this War in the Jay Garrick short story, in The Flash #750.
    Nice. Sounds like a cool idea. And Wally should be in it as well then. (Depending on what his status is then)

I read #750 and I must say, I'm cautiously very curious about this new direction with Wally....but I also want it to end soon.