Page 44 of 135 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494 ... LastLast

Yeah. As an ongoing status quo for Wally, it's garbage; but as setup for an upcoming event, it could be good — depending on what the event does with it. If the event ends with Wally having been instrumental in repairing the timeline, and then being restored to his normal powers and reunited with his family, that could be good. If it ends with Wally destroying the timeline in an effort to save it and being turned into the Black Flash or something like that…
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

I don't think we need to worry about what they plan to do with Wally. At least not for some time.

These past two weeks have been unreal. I daily face people in tears for want of necessary supplies for themselves and their loved ones. Am scrambling myself to find ways to 'make do' without several things we took for granted.

Today I was supposed to be sitting in a jury room as a potential juror. Instead I woke up to find all courts were cancelled, businesses closed, my own workplace ransacked of essential goods, news of various businesses types closed or services severely cut this week, and my wages for next cut to one-third with that likely the best I'll get for the foreseeable future. Don't think buying comics is going to be on all but a very, very few people's agendas. My own preorders got delayed until September and it is just as well as I may well have to cancel anyway as essentials and finances are now both in jeopardy. Have no idea what people who already live paycheck-to-paycheck are going to do.

All because some group started a crazy panic where if they had stayed calm and made reasonable purchases of no more than a month's worth rather than going absolutely bonkers likely everyone would have weathered the pandemic fine.

Stay safe, everyone. Pray we all weather this.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    I don't think we need to worry about what they plan to do with Wally. At least not for some time.

These past two weeks have been unreal. I daily face people in tears for want of necessary supplies for themselves and their loved ones. Am scrambling myself to find ways to 'make do' without several things we took for granted.

Today I was supposed to be sitting in a jury room as a potential juror. Instead I woke up to find all courts were cancelled, businesses closed, my own workplace ransacked of essential goods, news of various businesses types closed or services severely cut this week, and my wages for next cut to one-third with that likely the best I'll get for the foreseeable future. Don't think buying comics is going to be on all but a very, very few people's agendas. My own preorders got delayed until September and it is just as well as I may well have to cancel anyway as essentials and finances are now both in jeopardy. Have no idea what people who already live paycheck-to-paycheck are going to do.

All because some group started a crazy panic where if they had stayed calm and made reasonable purchases of no more than a month's worth rather than going absolutely bonkers likely everyone would have weathered the pandemic fine.

Stay safe, everyone. Pray we all weather this.
    Yup.
    Everybody has lost their minds here too. No hand wash, toilet paper, frozen veggies etc. The supermarkets are bare.
    I'm taking a trip to my comic shop tomorrow to grab my books while I still can!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

I could make a quip about TP being out of stock…

On a more serious note, my job is home delivery of groceries. As such, I make six or seven runs to various grocery stores every day. This past weekend was fun.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    I could make a quip about TP being out of stock…

On a more serious note, my job is home delivery of groceries. As such, I make six or seven runs to various grocery stores every day. This past weekend was fun.
    Bugger that!
    I run a 4WD tour company! This virus has been GREAT for business.
    On the upside, there's a good chance I'll get a couple of weeks at home to catch up on my reading.

You misunderstand: my problem is the opposite of yours. Normally, I'm used to there being maybe 40 delivery requests at any given time in the whole of the Loss Angeles area; this last weekend, in the little corner of East LA where I work, there were never less than 90 jobs available at any given time; and the overall number in the LA area has been over a thousand. We're being swamped with work.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Stay strong and sane gentlemen!

I've been practicing social distancing my entire life because I hate other people, now they are just proving why I hate them
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Bugger that!
    I run a 4WD tour company! This virus has been GREAT for business.
    On the upside, there's a good chance I'll get a couple of weeks at home to catch up on my reading.
    While I see everyone around me being able to stay home from work I'm out there as a first responder so its having different effects on everyone.

Stay safe everyone.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    While I see everyone around me being able to stay home from work I'm out there as a first responder so its having different effects on everyone.

Stay safe everyone.
    Appreciate what you do brother! YOU stay safe!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Appreciate what you do brother! YOU stay safe!
    Thanks man. Appreciate that. You too buddy.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

You misunderstand: my problem is the opposite of yours. Normally, I'm used to there being maybe 40 delivery requests at any given time in the whole of the Loss Angeles area; this last weekend, in the little corner of East LA where I work, there were never less than 90 jobs available at any given time; and the overall number in the LA area has been over a thousand. We're being swamped with work.
    That's what I meant about bugger that!!!
    You would be running yourself into the ground trying to keep up with demand.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    That's what I meant about bugger that!!!
    You would be running yourself into the ground trying to keep up with demand.
    I rather wish I had Wally's powers right about now.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

I rather wish I had Wally's powers right about now.
    My workplace runs an online ordering and pickup in store. Orders until today have been through the roof. 'Until today' because the shelves in essential aisles are continously bare. No items available to pick. Non-expiring food, essential paper....if it comes in it is gone within four minutes even with 1 per customer. Rubbing Alcohol or Peroxide or water purifiers? What are those? I may have to go look at pictures on the internet to remind me they existed.
    A family member joked that I could resort like they did with Sears Catalogs back in the day using the pages as TP. Ha ha. Hilarious.
    (Erm, I do have a copy of some trades I wouldn't miss all that much.... Hmmmm....)
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Wally appeared in today's Robin 80 year special in a Nightwing story with the Titans. Great to do see this era and Dan Jurgens awesome art.

Wallys costume looks like Barry's for some reason though with the straight belt and all. But still cool to see Wally.

RCO021_1584576272.jpg

Always happy for a Wally Flash appearance .