Page 5 of 135 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

RCO031.jpg
    1char.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

https://www.newsarama.com/48569-wond...yan-hitch.html

"There's been a lot of chatter, myself included, about our timeline," DiDio said in Facebook Q&A with retailers. "The purpose is to bring in a baseline of storytelling that brings a level of consistency and more uniformity in the interpretations of the characters. We are looking to build a series of books that will re-tell the history of the DC Universe. In some ways, that will become our bible for the DC Universe."

"One of the first places you'll see this happening is in Wonder Woman #750," DiDio continued. "The change in numbering is purposeful in the sense that [Wonder Woman #750] is the first time that we're acknowledging the timeline, and establishing [Wonder Woman] as our first superhero, in a story by Scott Snyder and Bryan Hitch. Something similar is going to be happening in The Flash."

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I can’t wait. Thank you !

BANNED

I think they will restore Wally's Career in the past, just in that new realtime way.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Wonder Woman as the first? Isn't Superman the first?
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

This depends on just what Wally will have to let go of. It had better be his guilt over having been manipulated by evil (take that as you will) into going crazy during HIC. It could be the kids. It could be Linda. Or being a part of Earth one.

It could be shades of Walter West where Walter had to let go of the world he'd grown to love (ours) because his presence was killing it.

Personally, I could do without the kids. Irey I learned to dislike on practically page one and Jai they were steering towards rotten realms.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Oh, ****, the bowtie in his origin? Still?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I think they will restore Wally's Career in the past, just in that new realtime way.
    If they learned anything, they should. But I remain cautious.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Screw the kids, I'm happy they remembered his friendship with Hartley!

Wally 'Ginger' West fan

The bowtie on Wally is kind of weird....unless now instead of being a Classic Star Trek fan its been time-forwarded to being a New Doctor Who fan (11th- "Bow ties are cool.")

Wait....is Furrynuts bowing down to Professor X's chair? Is the Chair like his CEO?

Chunk! I love the little bits of Messner-Loeb years. And Waid with Max and Impulse.
    (Don't love the reminder of the DiscoWing costume.)

Read the dialogue and my mind inserted a line during Furrynut's monologue about Mr. D coming along to disasterous effect and his reacting with "Yes...wait...what?" hehehe

Anyway, so far so good on my getting any trade of this after all is said and done if only because I still love Wally and so far he isn't horrible save for the ribbon hair and onion eyes. I can live with the art.
    Will probably do like I've done with a handful of previous trades and insert a blank page to cover sections that I Don't Care To Ever See Again! also known as the HIC reference bits.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    The bowtie on Wally is kind of weird....unless now instead of being a Classic Star Trek fan its been time-forwarded to being a New Doctor Who fan (11th- "Bow ties are cool.")
    Actually they already retconned Wally's age and looks for the new timeline in Year One, he is supposed to be more modern.

I suppose Booth didn't care about it.

Wonder Woman as the first? Isn't Superman the first?
    Word is that Wondy's getting retconned to starting in World War One, like in the movies. Superman wouldn't come along until the 1950s (his time as Superboy is back in canon).

This depends on just what Wally will have to let go of. It had better be his guilt over having been manipulated by evil (take that as you will) into going crazy during HIC. It could be the kids. It could be Linda. Or being a part of Earth one.

It could be shades of Walter West where Walter had to let go of the world he'd grown to love (ours) because his presence was killing it.

Personally, I could do without the kids. Irey I learned to dislike on practically page one and Jai they were steering towards rotten realms.
    Doomsday Clock's ending showed them though. Jai becomes the Turtle and Irey becomes Kid Flash (which makes you wonder what happened to Wallace! The only other Flash family members shown were Jay, Barry and Wally).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-11-2020 at 11:20 AM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Doomsday Clock's ending showed them though. Jai becomes the Turtle and Irey becomes Kid Flash (which makes you wonder what happened to Wallace! The only other Flash family members shown were Jay, Barry and Wally).
    Hold on, because Dan Didio has something to say about it :

https://www.newsarama.com/48566-doom...-to-didio.html

There's no reason why the Wally's kids come back part wouldn't still be true. The main discrepancies are that they had to erase the version of Saturn Girl in DDC because Bendis had brought back the Legion by the time it finished, and that Alfred was shown to be alive but has now been killed off - also something not planned when DDC started. Former Teen Titan Solstice was also mentioned as being on one of the international superhero teams during DDC, but she was killed off in Heroes in Crisis. And then, of course, there's the fact Jonathan and Martha Kent are alive in DDC's ending, but will likely still be dead in 5G, simply because of Clark himself getting aged up.

Basically, any discrepancies are King's and Bendis's faults, and it shouldn't have any affect on plans for The Flash.

There's no reason why the Wally's kids come back part wouldn't still be true. The main discrepancies are that they had to erase the version of Saturn Girl in DDC because Bendis had brought back the Legion by the time it finished, and that Alfred was shown to be alive but has now been killed off - also something not planned when DDC started. Former Teen Titan Solstice was also mentioned as being on one of the international superhero teams during DDC, but she was killed off in Heroes in Crisis. And then, of course, there's the fact Jonathan and Martha Kent are alive in DDC's ending, but will likely still be dead in 5G, simply because of Clark himself getting aged up.

Basically, any discrepancies are King's and Bendis's faults, and it shouldn't have any affect on plans for The Flash.
    I really hope you are right. Because, according to Didio, it's too difficult to include DDC's storyline to the current DCU.