Page 54 of 135 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Ooh yeah, that would do it.

Truly epic stuff. Romantic too.
    It was definitely a romance. Which was great. The whole thing of bringing Wally back form.the speed force (for the first time) was epic.

The last few pages with Wally and Linda are some of the best.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Awesome interview with Waid, Augusten and Laroque on Wallys series and The return of Barry Allen story. Some great snippets in there.

https://www.newsarama.com/50067-the-...ons-flash.html

The reveal would have been that he was actually Barry’s grandson from the future," the writer continued. "That didn’t go anywhere for reasons I no longer remember - but, boy, am I glad, because if we’d done that in 20 pages, we never would have had 'The Return of Barry Allen' or Impulse."

LaRocque uses more than just costumes and looks to differentiate the two Flashes - specfiically, how they ran.

"Barry ran, Wally flashed!" the artist explains. "I drew Wally as if he was gliding within the Flash force aura. I never drew Wally running, it was mid glide like a rollerblader or ice skater."

By the end of "The Return of Barry Allen" it was revealed that Barry did not, in fact return - but years later in 2008's Final Crisis and 2009's The Flash: Rebirth. Waid disagrees with the decision for the character to actually be brought back, as his memory served DC and fans more than his actual return.

"I never wanted him to return, ever. He was DC’s first official Patron Saint, and I think Barry served DC and fandom better with his noble sacrifice than reanimated," Waid says. "But at DC in the mid-2000s, there was a real from-above drive to return to DC’s Bronze Age, so Barry and Hal Jordan (Green Lantern) were suddenly back in and their successors were out. Not what I would have done, but there’ve certainly been some good stories with those two since, so the decision seems to have worked out."
    Last edited by WallyWestFlash; 05-07-2020 at 06:02 AM.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Astonishing Member

https://www.cbr.com/flash-753-eobard...eaths-preview/

Is panel 6 a reference to an existing story, or a hint at a future story?

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/flash-753-eobard...eaths-preview/

Is panel 6 a reference to an existing story, or a hint at a future story?
    Nope, it's from The Button story, when Bruce and Barry are in the timestream and try to save Eobard. It's just a mistake, a really funny mistake.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Nope, it's from The Button story, when Bruce and Barry are in the timestream and try to save Eobard. It's just a mistake, a really funny mistake.
    Has this been confirmed? Thawne is reaching out to the Flash, which doesn't match up with The Button. Also, the Flash isn't wearing the New 52 suit and the energy effect is a Kirby Krackle, different from the energy in panel 7. Howard Porter drew the Flash issues of The Button, so it would be very strange for both the art and the caption to be wrong.

Yeah, I can't remember a time Wally tried to save Thawne either but the placement seems to be post-Flashpoint pre-New 52 and Rebirth...

Astonishing Member

It hasn't been explained yet how New 52 Thawne got transformed back into the Pre-Flashpoint version. He just got struck by blue lightning in #19. Could be related?

It’s very possible that this may be Thawne’s fate at the end of the current arc. They are jumping from era to era iirc.
    If not, then that’s a potential future story, seems interesting if it doesn’t end up as Johns Dropped Plot kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    It hasn't been explained yet how New 52 Thawne got transformed back into the Pre-Flashpoint version. He just got struck by blue lightning in #19. Could be related?
    I assumed it was Manhattan who did it.

Astonishing Member

There are some other Reverse-Flash plot threads still dangling too - his appearance in the Rebirth one-shot (where he seemingly killed another kid's mother and framed the father), his corrupting influence over Barry in #9 and the recent reveal that he was the one who ruined Hunter Zolomon's life.

Astonishing Member

Wally West, as The Flash, has interacted with Thawne 5 times. During The Return of Barry Allen most famously. The next was during Chain Lightning where he knocked Thawne out and tossed him in jail. The third time is Rogue War where Zolomon brought Thawne to fight Wally as a team. Then Flash Rebirth, where Wally was just kind of around while Thawne insulted him. The final time is Blackest Night, where Black Lantern Thawne was giving everyone some grief.

That panel is not something that has ever happened in comics. Maybe it's something Williamson is teasing, who knows, but it's not referencing anything in any story we have access to.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    They're talking about the middle-right panel. The bottom left panel is the one referencing the Button.
    Last edited by Dred; 05-08-2020 at 11:15 AM.

Here's a question that may be off topic... but since we're talking about Thawne right now...

When did he first get his 'reversed' insignia?

I was just checking some other books and classically he always had the SAME suit as Barry, just recolored.

I was thinking it was the Return of Barry Allen story ala the first 'modern age' Reverse Flash... but nope. in fact he had the same symbol through Rogues War where he teamed with Zoom..... who ironically DID have the reversed symbol.

Was it Rebirth that made the change? has it been retconned to any earlier stories, or is it supposd to be a running change from then?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Was it Rebirth that made the change? has it been retconned to any earlier stories, or is it supposd to be a running change from then?
    It was introduced in the Flash: Rebirth mini-series, and applied retroactively in all flashbacks.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Here's a question that may be off topic... but since we're talking about Thawne right now...

When did he first get his 'reversed' insignia?

I was just checking some other books and classically he always had the SAME suit as Barry, just recolored.

I was thinking it was the Return of Barry Allen story ala the first 'modern age' Reverse Flash... but nope. in fact he had the same symbol through Rogues War where he teamed with Zoom..... who ironically DID have the reversed symbol.

You got it. Zolomon had it first and Thawne took it on during Rebirth. Even Blackest Night Thawne still had the original Lightning orientation.

To be honest, I never even noticed the logo thing .