Page 58 of 135 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108 ... LastLast
    Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheImperfectFlash View Post
    Wally West by Joe Kelly, thoughts?
    Not a writer I'd thought of, but I like it!!
    As mentioned earlier, the quickest, easiest solution is Wally was corrupted by the Dark Multiverse.
    He's beaten it now, and he's used the Dr Manhattan powers to re-set the DCU.
    Now here's a new monthly series with Wally as the Flash including Linda and the kids, plus appearances by Roy, Garth, Donna, Vic and Donna.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Default Correction on book printing

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Not a writer I'd thought of, but I like it!!
    As mentioned earlier, the quickest, easiest solution is Wally was corrupted by the Dark Multiverse.
    He's beaten it now, and he's used the Dr Manhattan powers to re-set the DCU.
    Now here's a new monthly series with Wally as the Flash including Linda and the kids, plus appearances by Roy, Garth, Donna, Vic and Donna.
    And Max and Jay. I want the Flash Family back.

As for HIC, best would be it fell off the face of the Earth. Not likely to happen though.

Has Newsom given a timeline for letting "non-essentials" (rolls her eyes) back to work? My own state is starting to ease up finally. God knows when the company DC gave the printing of their trades to is up and running again. Last my store reported was Flash Forward and the Mark Waid Flash series were to come out sometime in September, but it does print from China so...ergh.

CORRECTION: I got out my latest The Flash by Mark Waid trade and it is printed at Printed at LCS Communications, Kendallville, Illinois and not China.
    Last edited by Kyer; 05-11-2020 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Checked my latest Flash by Waid book
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Restrictions are starting to be lifted here in Queensland now.
    No new cases in two days, and only 20 active cases in the state.
    Unfortunately, still no work for me as all the National Parks are still closed and travel distances are still being enforced.
    The other bummer is no new comics here since March and probably another 2 weeks until we get anything.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

https://www.cbr.com/flash-lottery-wi...bs-mike-baron/

Loebs on his transition onto Wally's series from Baron.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Restrictions are starting to be lifted here in Queensland now.
    No new cases in two days, and only 20 active cases in the state.
    Unfortunately, still no work for me as all the National Parks are still closed and travel distances are still being enforced.
    The other bummer is no new comics here since March and probably another 2 weeks until we get anything.
    Hope it all works out for you, mg. First the wild fires and now this.
    Over here I got to keep my job as an 'essential worker' putting my life at risk helping sell essentials. It has been keeping me tired, but sane. Also got my stimulus check, but half of that will go to getting a new desktop comp as this one is already showing signs of impending doom. Also, I am so over masks. How do Asians cope with these insipid face huggers?

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/flash-lottery-wi...bs-mike-baron/

Loebs on his transition onto Wally's series from Baron.
    Really hope they make trades of Loebs run. If he hadn't gone along with bankrupt Wally then we would never have gotten one of my favorite issues: Wally as an agent of the IRS collecting taxes from the supernatural. Also that porcupine cover had me going for months before finally got to read that arc. Just couldn't figure out how he got that way.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Like this one. Very kinetic.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Wally West will/should be back in The Flash in august, with the Finish Line arc.

Spectacular Member

expectations remain low.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan

Quote Originally Posted by deadman322 View Post
    expectations remain low.
    True, but really hoping. We need something good to look forward to these days. At least he's going to be a guest in a Flash book again though this could be awkward. I mean, we haven't seen a confrontation between Wally and Barry/Linda since That Which Shall Live In Infamy happened, right?

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deadman322 View Post
    expectations remain low.
    I’m really disappointed to see he doesn’t even appear on the Flash Family cover. I get it, it must be because of Generations and/or Death Metal or whatever but, at this point, I think flash fans don’t even care anymore about logic.

We have Max and Jesse back, which is truly awesome, we even have Inertia, but we can’t show Wally ?

I can wait, it’s not a big deal, but I think it’s another wrong move.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    True, but really hoping. We need something good to look forward to these days. At least he's going to be a guest in a Flash book again though this could be awkward. I mean, we haven't seen a confrontation between Wally and Barry/Linda since That Which Shall Live In Infamy happened, right?
    Yep, the only thing they've said about it is that they won't talk about it. Which is actually fucking preposterous because Wally is essentially their son and him blowing off Iris about it when they live together is the most comicy ignorance bullshit thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    I’m really disappointed to see he doesn’t even appear on the Flash Family cover. I get it, it must be because of Generations and/or Death Metal or whatever but, at this point, I think flash fans don’t even care anymore about logic.

We have Max and Jesse back, which is truly awesome, we even have Inertia, but we can’t show Wally ?

I can wait, it’s not a big deal, but I think it’s another wrong move.
    What are you talking about?

edit: Nevermind, I see the cover. That's absurdly disappointing though I suppose he's just not going to appear. You can't really have Wally as he is right now present in that kind of conflict. He'd trivialize it more than Speedsters already do. Though Jai and Iris are excluded, as well, with less excuse.
    Last edited by Dred; 05-14-2020 at 04:23 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    I’m really disappointed to see he doesn’t even appear on the Flash Family cover.
    As disappointing as that is, I think us most likely being stuck with the Manhattan/Metron/Killer hybrid version of Wally for their return is worse.

It's quite possible Metal 2 will do something on that front, but I believe it doesn't end until January. The Finish Line arc in Flash starts in August. If Wally does show up in Flash, he probably won't get to do much given his god-like status. if only we could have had an untarnished Wally around for this.

Astonishing Member

The continuity is messy across the DC Universe right now. All the core titles, including Flash, have already long passed their Year of the Villain tie-ins, but none of them line up with how the main story actually played out in Justice League and Hell Arisen.

Astonishing Member

I know Wally is going to be present in the Metal Sequal but I have a hard time believing there will be much if any satisfying conclusion to his story or even good progressive character work. I feel like he's going to show up as an aloof observer to all the WHACKY ALTERNATE BATMAN stuff going on. Snyder is entirely batfocused in general.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    I feel like he's going to show up as an aloof observer to all the WHACKY ALTERNATE BATMAN stuff going on.
    I know it has to be taken with a grain of salt, but Snyder did say Wally plays a big part.

spoilers:
    The energy he absorbed from Manhattan is supposed to be "very important" to the story, and the released preview art apparently has Wally out of the Mobius Chair. Not to mention Speed Metal which is seemingly going to feature him, Barry, and Jay running together against some unnamed enemy.
    end of spoilers

I have low expectations when it comes to Wally for obvious reasons, but the potential is there to get something better than what we have right now. Then again, that's not saying a whole lot.