Page 67 of 135 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 2018
    It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    That's a different matter entirely. I don't think that's going to happen. I don't think that's feasible. Barry Allen is currently the star of the Flash franchise, the default Flash across all media. At this point, Wally is a supporting cast member/spin-off character. Realistically, I don't think he's going to move from that position.
    Being a supporting cast member is fine. Being "Flash-Lite" is not.

I fundamentally disagree with this. I think the uninitiated should always matter.

Overall? Sure! Specifically on the matter of rebuilding Wally? Nah!

Nothing about Batman Beyond's costume makes him look like a rookie. Sci-fi Batman, sure. Ultimately, Batman Beyond has a larger presence in the Batman franchise than Dick Grayson as Batman.
    Across all media, he does. But you can removehim from DC canon without no one batting an eye. Remove Dick's time as Bats, however, and it's a big deal.

Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson both being Batman simultaneously, both wearing ordinary Batman costumes, lasted about a year or so. It wasn't built to last, and it didn't.
    Yes, and that's both fine and beside the point.

People know what the regular Spider-Man looks like. They know what the standard is. It's understood that the Miles Morales Spider-Man costume isn't the ordinary Spider-Man costume.
    I'm gonna ask you to re-read the section you're responding to here, because you clearly didn't get what i was saying.

I think you're approaching this differently than I am. I just want to talk about comic character I like on a comic book forum. I'm not playing games or trying to trick you.
    It's just a figure of speech, relax.

I don't think it's a binary choice of Flash-Lite or adhering closely to the standard Flash costume. I don't think either do the character any favours.
    Right now it absolutely is.

I don't think Jay Garrick looks like Flash-Lite. Or Walter West, or Impulse, or Godspeed. I don't think Batman Beyond looks like Batman-Lite. I don't think Spider-Gwen/Ghost-Spider looks like Spider-Man-Lite. As long as you can tell what franchise the character belongs to, the more bold and striking the better.
    Jay is an exception here because "Golden-Age": he (and the rest of the golden agers) predates most of the axioms on the matter. Walter is almost an exception: he still looks cool AF, but his design doesn't hold when side-by-side with classic. Spider people go into the "re-read" part I said above.

The rest are lite versions, yes, but also their own characters for which that's fine.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Mark Waid is doing a Q&A over DC Universe. It'll be live tomorrow. You can ask your questions from here: https://twitter.com/TheDCUniverse/st...32529236099073

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    It's just a figure of speech, relax.
    It's needlessly combative language, as is this. That's not what I come here for, I have no interest in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    That makes Wally look like a bum. And just an unemployed Barry clone.
    Wally was unemployed in his early days as the Flash - but he didn't need to work because he won the lottery. Just have him get loads of money again and he can be a full time hero - he could also fund the Titans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    Mark Waid is doing a Q&A over DC Universe. It'll be live tomorrow. You can ask your questions from here: https://twitter.com/TheDCUniverse/st...32529236099073
    So this means he's doing something for DC? I'd like to see him do History of the DC Universe, in the same format as last year's History of the Marvel Universe that he did. And it could serve to establish the new combined continuity!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wally was unemployed in his early days as the Flash - but he didn't need to work because he won the lottery. Just have him get loads of money again and he can be a full time hero - he could also fund the Titans.
    No. He needs a career. Otherwise DC’s going to drop him like a hot potato again.

Well if he does have a job, it certainly shouldn't be with the police. That's Barry's thing.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Mark Waid is doing a Q&A over DC Universe. It'll be live tomorrow.
    Thanks for the heads up. I found his answer when asked about Wally's current situation in the DC universe interesting.

"I’m confident that DC’s current management is just as eager as I am to see Wally in his rightful place of prominence. Trust me."
    So cause for some potential optimism? I could be wrong, but Waid doesn't seem like someone who would just say that to say it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    No. He needs a career. Otherwise DC’s going to drop him like a hot potato again.
    Having a job didn't prevent DC from dropping him before. I don't really get what your logic is here. That isn't even on the list of the reasons why DC hates Wally.

The famous time travel story Waid never got to write:

Since I’ll probably never tell that story because in the 30 years since I thought of it, variations of it have been told elsewhere–sure. Wally’s very first time travel trip as a kid was (against Barry’s advice) to go back a few days to save a classmate from a fatal accident. But he fails. So he tries again. And again. And again. And the more and more of him there are running around in that time period, still, nothing’s changing. He has to come to accept that you can’t change the past–you just have to keep moving forward.
    Also he makes it pretty clear that he'll soon write a book for DC. I'm excited for it.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I found his answer when asked about Wally's current situation in the DC universe interesting.

So cause for some potential optimism? I could be wrong, but Waid doesn't seem like someone who would just say that to say it.
    I'm glad he is mending fences with DC, but like Johns, he has had his time on the Flash. You are right, though. Waid seems trustworthy. This quote comes at a time when the Flash family seems to be on the way back in Williamson's run.

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post

Either he's had heavy talks with current DC management or he's just that confident in them with Didio gone...
    The famous time travel story Waid never got to write:

Also he makes it pretty clear that he'll soon write a book for DC. I'm excited for it.
    Flashpoint except without Flashpoint :P?

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

I just watched CW's Flash season 1 episode 12 for the first time, and the episode introduced Linda Park - who ends up asking Barry out on a date! How did the fanbase react at the time? Can't imagine they'd have been pleased about Barry taking Wally's love interest, even it was just a "can't have Iris" short term rebound.

Though I'm guessing Wally's fans were even more displeased with season 2, when Wally gets introduced and is completely different to how he is in the comics (Wallace, the current Kid Flash in the comics, is based on that version, isn't he?).

Other way around. At the time that season 1 of Flash was airing, DC had not yet gotten to Rebirth. Our ginger haired Wally was still MIA (as in, the comics weren't acknowledging that he had ever existed), and the character who has come to be known as Wallace was being pushed as the one true Wally West.
    Last edited by Dataweaver; 06-02-2020 at 01:28 PM.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I just watched CW's Flash season 1 episode 12 for the first time, and the episode introduced Linda Park - who ends up asking Barry out on a date! How did the fanbase react at the time? Can't imagine they'd have been pleased about Barry taking Wally's love interest, even it was just a "can't have Iris" short term rebound.

Though I'm guessing Wally's fans were even more displeased with season 2, when Wally gets introduced and is completely different to how he is in the comics (Wallace, the current Kid Flash in the comics, is based on that version, isn't he?).
    I'm trying to think of a polite way to say that I was royally pissed about Linda and even more so with Wally II. There have been enough fires going around lately without adding my hair to the lot.

Seriously, though... I was ready to stop watching the show after seeing that with Linda and *did* decide to quit just before the episode with Grodd based on the facts that I don't like Grodd and that I found out new Wally was debuting soon after that. Cut off from it all cold turkey. To put it in some perspective on how pissed off I was (and still am) when they forced Wally West I into MIA I was still willing to buy the first two trades featuring DC52 Barry Allen and was about to get the third volume when they gave out news of Wallace West being the new and 'improved' DC52 *of* Wally West (not a character in his own right.)
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)