Page 7 of 135 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    All my favourites are on it except jon. Top 3 the world finest was really big call back. They need to do that team up again. Clark, bruce and dick riding bicycles and stuff. It's sad that wally was once top 3. Now he is rank 8.dc is screwing him up
    One of my hopes with 5G and the rumor about generational book is a relaunch of World's Finest with adventures of Superman, Batman and Robin with Dick as a new Robin. I won't get it, and this isn't the thread for that, so my current hope is that Flash Forward leaves Wally in a good spot for 2020.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

All my favourites are on it except jon. Top 3 the world finest was really big call back. They need to do that team up again. Clark, bruce and dick riding bicycles and stuff. It's sad that wally was once top 3. Now he is rank 8.dc is screwing him up
    I think 6th is a fair effort considering the shit DC has heaped on Wally West since Flash Rebirth.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I think 6th is a fair effort considering the shit DC has heaped on Wally West since Flash Rebirth.
    6th was till rebirth then it went down to 8th due to the bad treatment.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

6th was till rebirth then it went down to 8th due to the bad treatment.
    6Th is the average of the four polls made as well. In the one made before Flash:Rebirth he was actually third.

What is interesting here, IMO, is that Barry only went up, Wally onlly went down, and he's still above Barry. Even for a CBR poll, I wouldn't have predicted that at this point.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Three months later, only now I understand that Jai is holding the key to Savoth, which has been destroyed in Waid’s last issue.

I don’t know what it means but I would love to see Gorflak or S’kidd Flash again !

So, in FF #5 :

spoilers:
    We learn Wally is the one who created where Jai and Irey are trapped, because his greatest fear was to lose his children. That’s why he was chosen, because he has to destroy this world.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    So, in FF #5 :

spoilers:
    We learn Wally is the one who created where Jai and Irey are trapped, because his greatest fear was to lose his children. That’s why he was chosen, because he has to destroy this world.
    end of spoilers
    Feels like DC is scapegoating the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    6Th is the average of the four polls made as well. In the one made before Flash:Rebirth he was actually third.

What is interesting here, IMO, is that Barry only went up, Wally onlly went down, and he's still above Barry. Even for a CBR poll, I wouldn't have predicted that at this point.
    Barry overtook him in the latest poll, but his avg still ends up lower. Unfortunately the poll reflects what DC was trying to accomplish with the Flash this past decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Barry overtook him in the latest poll, but his avg still ends up lower. Unfortunately the poll reflects what DC was trying to accomplish with the Flash this past decade.
    It also reflects that they're failing, though.

Could you imagine this result, only with Wally and Barry reversed, in 1997?

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

No it doesn’t. They took Barry from 29 to 5, and Wally from 3 to 8. They wanted to make Barry the predominant Flash, and the polls trend reflect that. Saddest thing is Wally was back by 2019 too.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-15-2020 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    No it doesn’t. They took Barry from 29 to 5, and Wally from 3 to 8. They wanted to make Barry the predominant Flash, and the polls trend reflect that. Saddest thing is Wally was back by 2019 too.
    I think you didn't understand what I meant here:

Barry has been back for eleven years. It's pretty safe to assume that, eleven years into Wally's career, Barry would have been obliterated popularity wise. The "success" DC had here (of course, if we take this poll at face value, which is not scientific but is the closest we have) is way smaller than what they hoped fort, specially with how hard they tried.

I doubt the we’re hoping to recapture the 90’s. Can’t really compare peaks that happened at different times in the industry. It doesn’t really matter if Barry is as popular as Wally was then, their goal was to make Barry the most popular Flash now.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-15-2020 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Feels like DC is scapegoating the kids.
    Honestly I don’t know. There’s something very ambiguous with this issue. I didn’t really understand everything like : are the twins really from New Earth or are they creations from the dark multiverse ? And we still don’t why HiC had an impact on this Dark Matter Earth.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Honestly I don’t know. There’s something very ambiguous with this issue. I didn’t really understand everything like : are the twins really from New Earth or are they creations from the dark multiverse ? And we still don’t why HiC had an impact on this Dark Matter Earth.
    From what I understand, the kids are Dark Multiverse entities created from Wally's fear of losing his family and Wally must destroy them and the world they're trapped on.

BANNED

It's not over. He recreated his kids though.