Page 72 of 135 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 2018
    Mighty Member

These Versions of Jay Garrick,Wallace West and Barry Allen look awesome.

I wish that they would give Cassie,Tim,Conner and Bart also modernised versions of their costumes...

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Speed Metal #1 (September 22) written by Joshua Williamson with art by Eddy Barrows and Eber Ferreira and a cover by Howard Porter.

"It’s the drag race from hell! Taking place after the events of Dark Nights: Death Metal, the Darkest Knight is after Wally West and his Dr. Manhattan powers. Thankfully, Wally has back-up in the form of Barry Allen, Jay Garrick, and Wallace West! It’s a knockdown, drag-out race through the Wastelands as the Flash Family tries to stay steps ahead of the Darkest Knight and his Lightning Knights!"

Iris West is part of the other spin-off.

Multiverse’s End #1 on September 29, written by James Tynion IV with art by Juan Gedeon and a cover by Michael Golden.

"Perpetua, mother of all existence, has culled all life and creation in the Multiverse, condensing all beings to one planet: Earth Prime," "In her quest for power and dominance, she rules absolutely and in totality, using her children—the Monitors and Anti-Monitors—as her heralds and destructors.

"But a group of heroes has banded together across multiple worlds in a last-ditch effort to stop her from destroying all of existence: Owlman, President Superman, Iris West, Captain Carrot, Guy Gardner and others choose to make their final stand in a battle they’re destined to lose!"

Wally in the lead .

Kinda wish Bart could have made it into the group...

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

I just can't tell you how much it makes me happy to see Irey back as The Flash.

I would pay anything to read an Iris West II ongoing.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Wally not in the metron chair anymore..already makes that Generation zero issue take place in the past! I wonder if that will even come out now..

I haven't read through the thread so I don't know if its been discuss, but how do y'all like Wally in blue? I'm all for it myself. but I would rather it look more like Barry's Blue Lantern look during Blackest Night.

blue_lantern_flash.jpg

And what about his name? For me Wally will always be the Flash but Barry's not going anywhere and I don't know what DC is doing with the Justice Society and Jay. 3 men named Flash at the same time is a bit much. May be Wally could be call the Speedster?

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I wonder if that will even come out now..
    It is. But only in the Flash Forward TPB, for the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    I haven't read through the thread so I don't know if its been discuss, but how do y'all like Wally in blue? I'm all for it myself. but I would rather it look more like Barry's Blue Lantern look during Blackest Night.

And what about his name? For me Wally will always be the Flash but Barry's not going anywhere and I don't know what DC is doing with the Justice Society and Jay. 3 men named Flash at the same time is a bit much. May be Wally could be call the Speedster?
    Wally in blue is truly amazing and I just love his new suit (except for the Manhattan symbol, it has to go).

But his name needs to be The Flash. If Barry can keep it, I don't see any reason for Wally to change.
    Last edited by Spider-Ham; 06-09-2020 at 09:06 AM.

Yeah, Jay never changed his name, so why should Wally?

Speaking of name changes though, Wallace in white instead of yellow? Is he ditching the Kid Flash name and rebranding himself? Doomsday Clock did show Iris West II as Kid Flash, presumably she changes her name to that because Bart has taken back the Impulse name. Not that any of that is necessary. If there can be four Flashes, there can be two Kid Flashes or Impulses.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Speaking of name changes though, Wallace in white instead of yellow? Is he ditching the Kid Flash name and rebranding himself? Doomsday Clock did show Iris West II as Kid Flash, presumably she changes her name to that because Bart has taken back the Impulse name. Not that any of that is necessary. If there can be four Flashes, there can be two Kid Flashes or Impulses.
    It looked to me as though Wallace new costume is a reference to his future New 52 silver suit, whether he will keep it not is to be determined. I do like it though, I think its about time Wallace got a costume that was more him not saying he can't wear the yellow and red but he already had issues when they tried to make him the replacement Wally so I think he should get something that is predominantly his.
    Last edited by sifighter; 06-09-2020 at 09:30 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

All of the costumes for heroes are changed up in death metal, so I wouldn't take the costume changes too seriously.

I don't think him having a change of costume means he's dropping the mantle, everyone in DM's having a make over to fit in with the apocalyptic theme. This could very well be a case of that.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Speed Metal #1 (September 22) written by Joshua Williamson with art by Eddy Barrows and Eber Ferreira and a cover by Howard Porter.

"It’s the drag race from hell! Taking place after the events of Dark Nights: Death Metal, the Darkest Knight is after Wally West and his Dr. Manhattan powers. Thankfully, Wally has back-up in the form of Barry Allen, Jay Garrick, and Wallace West! It’s a knockdown, drag-out race through the Wastelands as the Flash Family tries to stay steps ahead of the Darkest Knight and his Lightning Knights!"

Multiverse’s End #1 on September 29, written by James Tynion IV with art by Juan Gedeon and a cover by Michael Golden.

"Perpetua, mother of all existence, has culled all life and creation in the Multiverse, condensing all beings to one planet: Earth Prime," "In her quest for power and dominance, she rules absolutely and in totality, using her children—the Monitors and Anti-Monitors—as her heralds and destructors.

"But a group of heroes has banded together across multiple worlds in a last-ditch effort to stop her from destroying all of existence: Owlman, President Superman, Iris West, Captain Carrot, Guy Gardner and others choose to make their final stand in a battle they’re destined to lose!"

Wally front & centre?
    I'm in!!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

The blue's not a bad look so long as it's not permanent.

Astonishing Member

Really cool seeing Kingdom Come Iris again. Really liked her little side story in The Kingdom and is one of the reasons I'm such a supporter of her being the next in line in the Flash fam.

Incredible Member

I love that Wally is the only one not rocking an altered costume and also I love that the fate of the Multiverse somehow involves a Guy Gardner.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

So excited for Speed Metal. Great to see Wally front and center. The other Flashs have some pretty awesome suits.

Great cover and really happy Barrows is on the interior art. Really looking forward to it.

The other tie ins look fun as well.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake