Page 77 of 135 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 2018

Quote Originally Posted by orionblue View Post
    Can someone point out which issue it says that Wally was imbued with Dr Manhattan’s powers? I though that he gained Metron’s powers for sitting on the Mobius chair?
    That was actually the writers and dc who said it around when Flash Forward #6 came out, as no point in the comic did they actually say Manhattans name. They said that apparently when Manhattan killed Owlman and Metron at the end of Darkseid War he left some of his energy on the chair, so when Wally sat in it he gained the knowledge from the chair and the power from Manhattan. It's also indicated by the symbol on Wally's forehead.

flash-forward-key-art-1.jpg
    Last edited by sifighter; 06-18-2020 at 11:06 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    That was actually the writers and dc who said it around when Flash Forward #6 came out, as no point in the comic did they actually say Manhattans name. They said that apparently when Manhattan killed Owlman and Metron at the end of Darkseid War he left some of his energy on the chair, so when Wally sat in it he gained the knowledge from the chair and the power from Manhattan. It's also indicated by the symbol on Wally's forehead.

flash-forward-key-art-1.jpg
    Ah! Thank you

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Yeah, I myself thought Wally just had the Mobius chair power when FF#6 came out.

I think it was revealed he also had Manhattans power when they announced the Generation zero one shot.

Too bad that's not coming out anymore.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/Flash-Mark-Wa.../dp/1401267351

That's volume one from Waids famous Wally run.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    And take volume two in the same time ! In my opinion, Return of Barry Allen is even better right after Born To Run !

It's my Holy Trinity with The Flash #0
    Thank you both . I will wait for a sale on Amazon or Comixology and make a purchase.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

I think it was revealed he also had Manhattans power when they announced the Generation zero one shot.

We only have to wait less than three weeks now.

I can’t wait to read it.
    Last edited by Spider-Ham; 06-18-2020 at 12:52 PM.

If wally has his own speed powers, the mobius chair, and Manhattans powers, does thst make him the most powerful being in the universe?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    If wally has his own speed powers, the mobius chair, and Manhattans powers, does thst make him the most powerful being in the universe?
    Possibly, though recent comic events this week may say otherwise.

But in Flash #750 Wally did give a monologue about how the chair gave him knowledge of what was going on with the universe, that his speed allowed him to keep up with the chair and not let it overwhelm him, and that the Manhattan powers gave him the ability to alter/fix the universe problems he was seeing through the chair. So essentially Wally was a man with the ability to control the knowledge of the universe/multiverse/continuity along with the power to effect the universe, so I’d say pretty powerful.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

What Wally now is seems rather undefined and underdeveloped. Which makes me wonder what the actual point of Flash Forward was. Best guess it was to try and tell readers that hey we know HiC was tough, but look now were gonna make him super powerful and do something along these lines. We don’t exactly know what it is in detail yet, but look his kids.
    They had 6 issues the flesh out the idea of Manhattan Wally to readers, but honestly him appearing with the a Manhattan symbol on his head was more illuminating than that entire series was to me.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-18-2020 at 08:29 PM.

But in Flash #750 Wally did give a monologue about how the chair gave him knowledge of what was going on with the universe, that his speed allowed him to keep up with the chair and not let it overwhelm him, and that the Manhattan powers gave him the ability to alter/fix the universe problems he was seeing through the chair. So essentially Wally was a man with the ability to control the knowledge of the universe/multiverse/continuity along with the power to effect the universe, so I’d say pretty powerful.

So when he loses all that power he will end up only able to move at the speed of sound ....again lol.

Yeah, I myself thought Wally just had the Mobius chair power when FF#6 came out.

Is the Flash Forward TPB out yet? The Generation Zero content was meant to be an extended version of the Flash Forward epilogue story from Flash #750, so if it isn't out yet they could just include those extra pages in the TPB.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Is the Flash Forward TPB out yet? The Generation Zero content was meant to be an extended version of the Flash Forward epilogue story from Flash #750, so if it isn't out yet they could just include those extra pages in the TPB.
    It is in The Flash Forward TPB. Booth confirmed it.

Astonishing Member

Except now we know he fails because we've skipped ahead in time to where the Batman Who Laughs already beat and captured him. We went from the end of Flash Forward, where he first got the power, to him being captured and defeated without seeing a single panel of him in between.

So much for what little powerlevel wank there was.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Except now we know he fails because we've skipped ahead in time to where the Batman Who Laughs already beat and captured him. We went from the end of Flash Forward, where he first got the power, to him being captured and defeated without seeing a single panel of him in between.

So much for what little powerlevel wank there was.
    I’m going to go ahead and assume what happened to Wally is either explained in the missing generations issue that is in Flash Forward tpb or is a bigger mystery that is left to whatever happened between the end of Justice League and the beginning of Death Metal that they can’t remember.
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

I’m going to go ahead and assume what happened to Wally is either explained in the missing generations issue that is in Flash Forward tpb or is a bigger mystery that is left to whatever happened between the end of Justice League and the beginning of Death Metal that they can’t remember.
    The generations stuff is either cancelled or, at this point, enough of it is cancelled that it is irrelevant. Generation Zero isn't even coming out anymore -- it's not slated for FCBD. They're tacking it on at the end of the Flash Forward trade. His only relevance will be in the Death Metal stuff where we already know the outcome -- captured and beaten. I'm sure he will play some minor role in it, but because he's not Batman, Superman, or Wonder Woman he won't matter that much. Expect full form jobbing to The Batman Who Laughs. Snyder has also stripped the "Gaining Manhattan's powers" gimmick off of Wally and stuck it on Batman, removing every last bit of wind from the sails of Flash Forward.
    Last edited by Dred; 06-19-2020 at 08:26 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    The generations stuff is either cancelled or, at this point, enough of it is cancelled that it is irrelevant. Generation Zero isn't even coming out anymore -- it's not slated for FCBD. They're tacking it on at the end of the Flash Forward trade. His only relevance will be in the Death Metal stuff where we already know the outcome -- captured and beaten. I'm sure he will play some minor role in it, but because he's not Batman, Superman, or Wonder Woman he won't matter that much. Expect full form jobbing to The Batman Who Laughs. Snyder has also stripped the "Gaining Manhattan's powers" gimmick off of Wally and stuck it on Batman, removing every last bit of wind from the sails of Flash Forward.
    I agree with this. Don't expect too much from death metal.