Page 8 of 135 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I doubt the we’re hoping to recapture the 90’s. Can’t really compare peaks that happened at different times in the industry. It doesn’t really matter if Barry is as popular as Wally was then, their goal was to make Barry the most popular Flash now.
    They were hoping to surpass it. No other property in the last, I don't know, 20 years had such a concentrated effort for such a long time.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    From what I understand, the kids are Dark Multiverse entities created from Wally's fear of losing his family and Wally must destroy them and the world they're trapped on.
    So where are the real Jai and Iris ? I thought they were kidnapped right before the Flashpoint by the Dark Multiverse ...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    So where are the real Jai and Iris ? I thought they were kidnapped right before the Flashpoint by the Dark Multiverse ...
    I have no idea. They may no longer exist or will be replaced by the Dark Multiverse versions if Wally manages to save them. So far the Dark Multiverse twins don't seem evil and have the same memories/ personalities of the original

Astonishing Member

Honestly I don’t know. There’s something very ambiguous with this issue. I didn’t really understand everything like : are the twins really from New Earth or are they creations from the dark multiverse ? And we still don’t why HiC had an impact on this Dark Matter Earth.
    Wally's kids are the equivalent of the Dark Knights. The Dark Multiverse is the place where Nightmares become real, and Wally's biggest nightmare/fear was losing his family and apparently his emotions are so strong that the world became virulent and is causing all this turmoil after the events of Metal let the Dark Multiverse bridge the gap to the regular multiverse. So since it's Wally's bad dream, Wally was chosen to get rid of it. One of the core concepts of the dark multiverse worlds is that they fade away once those fears or traumas that created them are overcome. The storytelling device here is that, to stop this cancerous dark world from infecting the multiverse, Wally has to deal with his fear of losing his family. In some way.

Then again the freaking edgy ass Batman Who Laughs could save Dark Multiverse entities by just being a freaking weirdo even after their worlds were destroyed so who knows.

We don't know. Wally apparently has some of the answers from the chair. It says they were yanked away from him an instant before the Flashpoint, and then Flashpoint happened and everything else and those caused the changes to Wally that made him forget in the first place.

BANNED

Sounds like they're out there but beyond the Speedforce.

Thank you Dred, it makes sense now !

So no kids saved ATM, nor a retcon of HiC in sight ... well, it was too good to be true.
    Last edited by Spider-Ham; 01-15-2020 at 01:48 PM.

Mechanics are a little shaky here, but it may be the case that Wally transported his actual kids to a world of his creation. We'll see.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

All-New Member

It has been a dog's age since I've been here...

... but I wanted to sign-on to tell you those are the real Iris and Jai.

I just finished the (last) polish on the script for FF #6 like ten minutes ago and made it CLEAR on PAGE ONE that these are really his kids and not dark matter constructs.

Wally's greatest fear has always been that he couldn't protect his kids -- so in the instant FLASHPOINT happened and he was yanked out of reality, he subconsciously
    took them to the one place the would be "safe": an entire world founded on his deepest fear. (Hey, an "instant" isn't the same thing to us than it is to Wally!)

It was always important to me that the story is ultimately about a father and his kids and not about a father and two dark matter constructs.

Any way, hope you are enjoying the series as much as I am! There are monstrously huge plans for WALLY in 2020!

(Ooo, final note: Brett was blue-skying his reply about the book's sales. He was in essence SUGGESTING that sales in the 80s would prompt DC to "have no choice but to make it an ongoing!" He didn't mean to imply that anyone at DC was ANTICIPATING or CALCULATING sales in the 80s. Somehow in the game of telephone that is the internet, his words were translated to mean the book's target was 80K. I think I read it here that "Brett Booth said DC expected the sales to be 80k!" but I don't know anyone that thought that -- including Brett.

Honestly, I think I heard issue one sold 40K which sounds pretty awesome considering the marketplace this moment!)

S!

Note: I see this is listed as my first post (probably because of the distance between posts!) but this is also my IG name. So if anyone has any doubts I'm really me just DM me there and I'll confirm.

Considering how poorly DC has handled Wally since they brought him back (Kings Crisis book is already being thrown away because of how bad it was, esp with how he treated Wally and his powers), Flash-Forward has been a great way to send Wally off on a Spirit Quest. This series is as much about DC figuring out where he fits as it is about us, and it appears that they are making it clear that Wally will be a key figure with Tempus going forward and that Wally was not really Wally when he was brought back. He was broken, and this series is a way that we can use to accept that is no longer the case. Choosing someone who screams 90s like Lobdell to write it was a great idea. His work has always had a high floor but low ceiling, and he has a good handling of multiversal concepts and seems like someone who is a huge fan of the character Wally West.
    I just hope that the final issue gives Wally a good payoff.
    If you are going to refute, you need to do your own research.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by scottylobdell View Post
    Wally's greatest fear has always been that he couldn't protect his kids -- so in the instant FLASHPOINT happened and he was yanked out of reality, he subconsciously took them to the one place the would be "safe": an entire world founded on his deepest fear. (Hey, an "instant" isn't the same thing to us than it is to Wally!)
    I was a little confused by the panel with pre-Flashpoint Wally and Abra Kadabra. What was the intention there?

Titans Hunt and the Titans Rebirth run introduced the idea that Wally existed in New 52's history as Kid Flash, but was banished into the timestream/Speed Force (as Kid Flash) by Kadabra, erased from existence. Whilst lost in the timestream, Wally remembered his life before the Flashpoint.

But recently that angle seems to have been downplayed.

It has been a dog's age since I've been here...

I just finished the (last) polish on the script for FF #6 like ten minutes ago and made it CLEAR on PAGE ONE that these are really his kids and not dark matter constructs.

Wally's greatest fear has always been that he couldn't protect his kids -- so in the instant FLASHPOINT happened and he was yanked out of reality, he subconsciously
    took them to the one place the would be "safe": an entire world founded on his deepest fear. (Hey, an "instant" isn't the same thing to us than it is to Wally!)

It was always important to me that the story is ultimately about a father and his kids and not about a father and two dark matter constructs.

Any way, hope you are enjoying the series as much as I am! There are monstrously huge plans for WALLY in 2020!

(Ooo, final note: Brett was blue-skying his reply about the book's sales. He was in essence SUGGESTING that sales in the 80s would prompt DC to "have no choice but to make it an ongoing!" He didn't mean to imply that anyone at DC was ANTICIPATING or CALCULATING sales in the 80s. Somehow in the game of telephone that is the internet, his words were translated to mean the book's target was 80K. I think I read it here that "Brett Booth said DC expected the sales to be 80k!" but I don't know anyone that thought that -- including Brett.

Honestly, I think I heard issue one sold 40K which sounds pretty awesome considering the marketplace this moment!)

S!

Note: I see this is listed as my first post (probably because of the distance between posts!) but this is also my IG name. So if anyone has any doubts I'm really me just DM me there and I'll confirm.
    Would love to pick at your brain for the upcoming RHatOs, but that's not for this thread. And spoilers too, I know.

That said, from everything I''ve seen and heard, really glad you're giving Wally a good mini here, and actually getting close to coming into contact with his kids.

^____________^

I was going to bed and then I checked this thread. And now I'm in bed, but instead of in, more like on it, jumping.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssss! Ha!!!

There are monstrously huge plans for WALLY in 2020!
    Gonna hold you up for that statement.

Anyway, thank you for clarifying about the kids (it would be a whole month of discussion), and for visiting this thread of mostly bitter and angry (but very nice) people.

I can only speak for myself, but wary as I am of DC at this point, I am actually enjoying the book very much, so thank you for that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I was a little confused by the panel with pre-Flashpoint Wally and Abra Kadabra. What was the intention there?

Titans Hunt and the Titans Rebirth run introduced the idea that Wally existed in New 52's history as Kid Flash, but was banished into the timestream/Speed Force (as Kid Flash) by Kadabra, erased from existence. Whilst lost in the timestream, Wally remembered his life before the Flashpoint.

But recently that angle seems to have been downplayed.
    Keep in mind that Wally died in the Flashpoint reality, where he was powerless, then had his essence carried to the Speed Force by White Flash Bart right before he died as well. All this happened "before" the reboot actually happened. When he returned in Rebirth, his story was essentially folded in to the New 52, so he actually lived 2 lives. (Which is like, but not the same, as having "the memories of another life).

This is similar to when the JSA remembered Earth 2 in Infinite Crisis.

Astonishing Member

Titans Hunt established that there was another missing Teen Titan (Wally) from the early years of New 52. This was before Wally's return.

I really wanted to thank you for taking the time to answer our questions ! And thank you for your work on Wally, this mini is fantastic and the last two issues were literally wonderful. I wish we could have you and Booth on a Flash Family book, because your Linda/Irey/Jai scenes are amazing.

Can't wait for FF #6 !