Page 81 of 135 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    I would have been very happy to have met the Barry Allen that Mark Waid depicted and that was my expectation in April 2009. Man, what a letdown Flash:Rebirth was... and it only went downhill --scratch that-- over the cliff after that.
    I'm not even sure Rebirth was much of the problem... it wasn't a GOOD story, and they were forcing retcons in... but the first couple issues I truly felt that was 'MY' Barry who was back from the Speed Force and wondering if why he was 'disconnected from the world around him... I think the character was okay there. When they randomly de-aged Iris and had him rejoin CCPD like nothing was wronge and changed his iconic costume into something 'modern'... ughhh... It went downhill fast.

I loved Mark Waid's Barry. I was a fan of his in the silver age, but JLA Year One and Brave and the Bold GL/Flash just reignited how much i wanted him back... i too felt REALLY disappointed with what they did

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    I would have been very happy to have met the Barry Allen that Mark Waid depicted and that was my expectation in April 2009. Man, what a letdown Flash:Rebirth was... and it only went downhill --scratch that-- over the cliff after that.
    I absolutely loved Waid's take on Barry in both JLA Year One and Brave & The Bold mini series.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    Didio got booted. There is no reason to talk about him for 3 pages anymore. He’s not worth it.
    But his damage sadly remains. I say that as a Cassandra Cain and Wally fan

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I absolutely loved Waid's take on Barry in both JLA Year One and Brave & The Bold mini series.
    Both, but especially loved JLA and the one-sided romance there. Lot of humor. Arguably my absolute favorite was J'onn shapeshifting during a JLA meeting. This was my favorite J'onn other than the animated series.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    But his damage sadly remains. I say that as a Cassandra Cain and Wally fan
    I say we remember Didio like one should any history lesson "avoid this in the future!" Don't want to repeat that era.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Extraordinary Member

I always thought if Barry was brought back, the most important thing for him would be trying to save/find his kids, Bart and Jenni’s parents. Since he never met them before he died.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    It's a nice take, but it's pretty unique - it has little in common with either the 1960s character, or the Cary Bates version of the character either. Waid's goal was an affectionate tribute, a callback to a simpler time; I'm sure if he was tasked with bringing Barry back and reinventing him as a thoroughly modern lead character, his take would have been closer to Geoff Johns' take than JLA Year One.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    Didio got booted. There is no reason to talk about him for 3 pages anymore. He’s not worth it.
    Agreed. We are talking about the same person who said Countdown To Final Crisis was 52 done right. https://web.archive.org/web/20101127...arks-about-52/

Important note: Countdown To Final Crisis was and still is the worst weekly comic event ever.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ellingham View Post
    It's a nice take, but it's pretty unique - it has little in common with either the 1960s character, or the Cary Bates version of the character either. Waid's goal was an affectionate tribute, a callback to a simpler time; I'm sure if he was tasked with bringing Barry back and reinventing him as a thoroughly modern lead character, his take would have been closer to Geoff Johns' take than JLA Year One.
    True, but I also think he'd have made a better fist of Barry Allen's triumphant return if given the chance.
    Everything that I was excited about with Barry returning disappeared pretty damn quick.
    Almost NO interaction with Wally. No interaction with Max, Jay, Bart.
    His relationship with Iris wasn't explored at all. He was dead for a decade!! She'd returned from the future where they were last together. There was a LOT of water under that bridge simply ignored then quickly wiped away altogether.
    Even now, it STILL feels like such a missed opportunity, and I KNOW it wasn't Geoff Johns at fault as he was keen to open up the Flash-verse with a Flash Family title.
    DC should REALLY take another look at this option.
    Barry title twice a month. Flash Family title twice a month (with a different lead speedster every couple of months)
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Astonishing Member

They were ignoring everything to do with Iris from the get go. They magically de-aged her down to pretty and young again despite living an entire life without Barry. There was definitely no plan in any of that for them to approach that part of Barry's missed life.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by snw21 View Post
    Agreed. We are talking about the same person who said Countdown To Final Crisis was 52 done right. https://web.archive.org/web/20101127...arks-about-52/

Important note: Countdown To Final Crisis was and still is the worst weekly comic event ever.
    I liked Countdown.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    I liked Countdown.
    Curse this contradiction. How can you share my love of Mistborn but not my hatred of Countdown!

Joke's aside, takes all kinds. A lot of people found Countdown miserable but if you like it that's alright.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    I liked Countdown.
    I see.

And how many blows to the head have you taken recently?

Extraordinary Member

I see.

Hey now!

Dark Mary Marvel has a pretty good fan following.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

I see.

Wrong eye care prescription would do it. ()
    *blurred vision* Look at all the pretty colors!
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)