Page 87 of 135 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To be honest, nobody really draws the Flashes like that anymore. He has about the same build current Barry does.
    Do they even bother to difference bodies anymore?, this days, most superheroes more or less had the same muscle mass to me.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Snyder did an interview with Newsarama about Death Metal and Wally. Here's a summary of the interview

Source : https://www.gamesradar.com/scott-sny...oversial-past/

I don't know how to feel about this but I have faith in Snyder.
    i dont see how they are embracing wally being a mass-murdering corpse mutilator by just hand waving all the things he did.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deadman322 View Post
    i dont see how they are embracing wally being a mass-murdering corpse mutilator by just hand waving all the things he did.
    That's Snyder's point : DC needs to address Heroes in Crisis ... Whether we like it or not :/

I trust Snyder, if anyone, right now, can write something good from Heroes in Crisis, that's him.

That being said, I was totally fine with Lobdell when he chose to ignore this thing.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

That's Snyder's point : DC needs to address Heroes in Crisis ... Whether we like it or not :/

I trust Snyder, if anyone, right now, can write something good from Heroes in Crisis, that's him.

That being said, I was totally fine with Lobdell when he chose to ignore this thing.
    Well, they are free to put another spin on what happened now. It's better to find a way to confront it and move on from "Identity Crisis 2: Electric Boogaloo."

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Is it just me, or has Wally lost muscle mass since Barry's return?

When I got into Flash back in Waid's run, Wally was always drawn with a lot of bulk; even his chin was hefty. Now he's drawn with this lean build that's closer to Nightwing than Superman. And yeah, that makes sense for a runner but I feel like it ultimately just makes him look younger and smaller.

Look at that Finch art above; 'Ringo never would've drawn such a scrawny Wally West!
    I think it has more to do with 90s look losing appeal. They have started to draw speedsters more akin to real life athletes. Manapul set the example for that.

Snyder did an interview with Newsarama about Death Metal and Wally. Here's a summary of the interview

Source : https://www.gamesradar.com/scott-sny...oversial-past/

I don't know how to feel about this but I have faith in Snyder.
    It's gonna be either addressing it and erasing afterwards or just doing the good old Marvel style of "pretending it doesn't exist".

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    Well, they are free to put another spin on what happened now. It's better to find a way to confront it and move on from "Identity Crisis 2: Electric Boogaloo."
    I'd totally love a new take on Heroes in Crisis or another explanation to what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    It's gonna be either addressing it and erasing afterwards or just doing the good old Marvel style of "pretending it doesn't exist".
    A good old RetCon will do the trick !

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Do they even bother to difference bodies anymore?, this days, most superheroes more or less had the same muscle mass to me.
    It depends on the artist. This same complaint was being thrown around when I got started on comics back in the early 90's.

I think overall, there's probably more variety in body type than there used to be, but we still basically have just two; super bulky and bulky.

As for Flash and Wally and all that....yeah a speedster being lean is obviously more realistic and true to life, but it's not really necessary; it's not like Wally's power is dependent on anything other than his intangible connection to a magical plot device. And I liked that he was bulky and looked more like a brawler than a speedster; it was a fun discrepancy.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    If you put them into the same costume and put them together...honestly I would probably not be able to tell a difference.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post

I think DC has been trending towards "pretend it doesn't exist" The Flash Forward epilogue showed that Wally was all for saving the dark moments in history as he rebuilt the timeline but seemed to gloss over the one that put him in this particular spot.

Astonishing Member

It depends on the artist. This same complaint was being thrown around when I got started on comics back in the early 90's.

I think overall, there's probably more variety in body type than there used to be, but we still basically have just two; super bulky and bulky.

As for Flash and Wally and all that....yeah a speedster being lean is obviously more realistic and true to life, but it's not really necessary; it's not like Wally's power is dependent on anything other than his intangible connection to a magical plot device. And I liked that he was bulky and looked more like a brawler than a speedster; it was a fun discrepancy.
    It kind of makes some sense because Wally was, outside of work, very into sport and athletics and such. As opposed to Barry who's a big ol' nerd.

Amusingly, Jay was both athletic and a scientist.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    It kind of makes some sense because Wally was, outside of work, very into sport and athletics and such. As opposed to Barry who's a big ol' nerd.

Amusingly, Jay was both athletic and a scientist.
    And Wally spent his entire life fighting criminals and dealing with natural disasters. I mean, young Wally was so determined to be the best hero he could be and honor Barry's legacy, I can totally see him just diving into weight lifting and hardcore work outs. Anything to give him an edge, make him a better hero. Especially before he discovered the speed force and became a unstoppable speed god who couldn't even be shot at point blank range while sleeping.

With Barry, I always go back to his first issue debut; looking at that cover with modern sensibilities, he's not really built like a runner....he's built like an average dude. His arms have damn little mass or definition, he's barely got abs, he's actually a little thick around the torso (not fat, just seems wider than what we see today).....he doesn't look like a runner or a hero, he looks like someone's white collar dad in a Halloween costume. And I love it. Barry, as a "Everyman," *shouldn't* look like a greek god made flesh. His legs should be tone af but that's it.

With Jay, I do think the traditional runner's body makes sense. He was an athlete, so already in good shape before becoming Flash, and being a speedster would just enhance that and play into the things Jay already enjoyed doing.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    I think DC has been trending towards "pretend it doesn't exist" The Flash Forward epilogue showed that Wally was all for saving the dark moments in history as he rebuilt the timeline but seemed to gloss over the one that put him in this particular spot.
    Sorry you don't wipe out a set of characters and pretend it didn't happened.

Some of those folks had families.

Chershire isn't going to brush it off.

Tattoo man's widow who already lost a son isn't going to brush it off.

Nor will Hotspot's former teammates.

So unless he is going to bring them all back-there is no brushing it away.

And Wally spent his entire life fighting criminals and dealing with natural disasters. I mean, young Wally was so determined to be the best hero he could be and honor Barry's legacy, I can totally see him just diving into weight lifting and hardcore work outs. Anything to give him an edge, make him a better hero. Especially before he discovered the speed force and became a unstoppable speed god who couldn't even be shot at point blank range while sleeping.

With Barry, I always go back to his first issue debut; looking at that cover with modern sensibilities, he's not really built like a runner....he's built like an average dude. His arms have damn little mass or definition, he's barely got abs, he's actually a little thick around the torso (not fat, just seems wider than what we see today).....he doesn't look like a runner or a hero, he looks like someone's white collar dad in a Halloween costume. And I love it. Barry, as a "Everyman," *shouldn't* look like a greek god made flesh. His legs should be tone af but that's it.

With Jay, I do think the traditional runner's body makes sense. He was an athlete, so already in good shape before becoming Flash, and being a speedster would just enhance that and play into the things Jay already enjoyed doing.
    I think any Flash would probably keep themselves physically fit if only because of the threats they face. I mean, a normal middle-class dude is probably not going to last two seconds against a telephatic gorilla without at least some weight behind their punches.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    So far, wally manhattan seems really weak. That's not good. I wanted something powerful to be done and achieved. On top of that, they made batmanhattan. It just reduces the effectiveness of the coin. This is now underwhelming. I don't particularly care for wally playing some secondary role in a convoluted event(which it always is).
    According to Snyder's latest interview the heroes need to collect Crisis energy and "feed" it to Wally to make him powerful enough to take on Perpetua, so don't count him out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Sorry you don't wipe out a set of characters and pretend it didn't happened.

Some of those folks had families.

Chershire isn't going to brush it off.

Tattoo man's widow who already lost a son isn't going to brush it off.

Nor will Hotspot's former teammates.

So unless he is going to bring them all back-there is no brushing it away.
    If he wins the battle against Perpetua he'll have the ability to do it and it'd likely be among the first things he does.
    Last edited by Midnighter; 07-14-2020 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    According to Snyder's latest interview the heroes need to collect Crisis energy and "feed" it to Wally to make him powerful enough to take on Perpetua, so don't count him out yet.
    I can't wrap my head around how I feel about that whole concept .