Page 94 of 135 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 2018

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    Are we really sure Identity Crisis 2: Electric Boogaloo was editorially driven?
    I recall a interview (or statement) in which King basically said that Editorial (aka Didio) gave him 3 characters to work with in a Killer/Killed/Framed format, with those being Wally/Booster/HQ (leaving aside the many other random deaths and Roy's)

I would need to look up for the source in order to confirm that tbf, but if that was really the case, I would have so many questions regarding how idiotic this kind of editorial mandates can really be in DC..
    I mean, with HiC as a prime example, what prevents DC for disgracing another character randomlly, even if it contradicts a year-long+ storyline and/or the current writers wishes..? smh

Thing is Wally as a character is successfully ruined by Didio. There is no turning back from here. Current Wally is a shell of his old self with no personality or speciality,which is why DC pushes for gimmicky crap. I’ve said it back in Lazarus Contact: he is being used as a tool to get fans into buying mediocre events, nothing more nothing less.

Only thing that would give me hope is a solo book that focuses on WALLY ONLY, no team book or anything like that, no “woe is me” plot. Rebuild the character in accordance with the times, give us a FUN book.

Anything else is rinse repeat of same disappointment.

I don't think any character is ever completely ruined.

Spectacular Member

Atleast DiDio is gone.forever thank god. Baby steps. If all fails, try to to get Waid back on.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxton View Post
    Atleast DiDio is gone.forever thank god. Baby steps. If all fails, try to to get Waid back on.
    Hell is more likely to freeze than Waid ever coming back at DC I think..

Astonishing Member

The only thing keeping Waid away at this point is Harras, I think. Didio was the other one.

That said if Waid came back he wouldn't be interested in a third run on The Flash. He readily admits he has a single Flash story he hasn't told and that's about it. The kids specifically are a concept he didn't have any ideas for even if Wild Wests was fun.

I'd be down for a standalone Flash GN or mini from Waid...

Astonishing Member

It'd basically be a one off story of explaining why Wally hates time travel and tries everything he can to avoid it. Waid's even given the bare bones details of it, about how his one friend died when he was a kid and he tried to use his powers to undo it, learning that every time he did something else would go wrong because of his actions, until he learned to accept that you can't just abuse your powers to solve every problem in your life. It'd probably be a two or three issue mini flashback arc rather than anything more significant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    It'd basically be a one off story of explaining why Wally hates time travel and tries everything he can to avoid it. Waid's even given the bare bones details of it, about how his one friend died when he was a kid and he tried to use his powers to undo it, learning that every time he did something else would go wrong because of his actions, until he learned to accept that you can't just abuse your powers to solve every problem in your life. It'd probably be a two or three issue mini flashback arc rather than anything more significant.
    He has even said that other writers have basically told this story with other characters over the years since he first had the idea so he really doesn't want to tell it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaker1610 View Post
    Hell is more likely to freeze than Waid ever coming back at DC I think..
    There was a DC Q&A with Waid recently...he was strongly alluding to his return. It is on the boards here somewhere from the last month or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd be down for a standalone Flash GN or mini from Waid...
    Me too. Any Flash. I am a Wally guy but I would be interested on Mark Waids take on Barry that isn't the saint version that was always dead when he wrote him. A true modern Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Flashes and time travel, I tell ya .

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I remain cautiously optimistic as well. It looks like well be getting back to before Didio sabatoged Rebirth. Where Wally and Barry actually like each other and not going at each other ala Flash War.

From Speed Metal. So great to see.

Attachment 99042
    That drawing is gorgeous. Can't wait to see the finished version!
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    I don't think Snyder ior King carry much of the blame for anything here: Wally's situation was purely driven by editorial. King wrote a terrible story that he thought was good, yes, but it would be terrible no matter who the main character was.

The whole question revolves around the current higher-ups. If Snyder is not cut for it, I'm sure there are a line of writers waiting to make Wally himself again. If they let them do it, things are looking good.
    Wally was already a mess before they showed up. So they can't be blamed for something that was already done and pushed by editorial.

I know folks are saying Dan is gone and things should improve.

For things to improve-you have to HOUSE CLEAN everywhere and disinfect stuff. And get the right folks in who can offer and bring in balance.

They're at least doing things with Wally and his family is back. Hopefully he'll get a Flash suit that's not akin to his Kid Flash suit. I personally liked his Waid/Weiringo era suit with the white eye pieces. It would be a good way to tell him apart from Barry. With Barry on the TV show and possibly a movie, I don't see him going anywhere anytime soon though.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-