Page 97 of 135 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I was really enjoying that Hawkeye and Mockingbird book so I don't think he was in that desperate a need of a revamp, and it doesn't seem like the revamp has served him well post-Fraction, but to each their own.
    I'm not disagreeing, I'm just saying the book was popular and I think Clint was a character few people cared about before that series.

I get the feeling Fraction's book was better received by new fans who didn't have a long history with Clint. That was me ten years back (has it been so long?) and I loved the series, but reading older appearances since then I've realized how....off target......Fraction's book was compared to previous characterizations.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

How about some left field suggestions?

Chuck Dixon - He writes an EXCELLENT Time Drake and Dick Grayson dynamic. I'd love to see what he could do with a Wally/Bart or Wally/Wallace take.
    Beau Smith - Love the bloke. He gave us THE guy Gardner everyone else copied. Cobb, Wynona Earp, Wildcat. Worth a shot.
    Mark Millar - Let's see what he'd do given free reign for a year!
    Gail Simone - Wrote one of THE greatest DC books of the last 20 years, Secret Six.
    And a couple more:
    Jeff Lemire
    Jeph Loeb
    Bill Willingham
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'm not disagreeing, I'm just saying the book was popular and I think Clint was a character few people cared about before that series.

I get the feeling Fraction's book was better received by new fans who didn't have a long history with Clint. That was me ten years back (has it been so long?) and I loved the series, but reading older appearances since then I've realized how....off target......Fraction's book was compared to previous characterizations.
    That's not necessarily the worst thing. Wally could benefit from a fresh entry point into the character. If its good old fans will embrace it too.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-31-2020 at 07:28 PM.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    How about some left field suggestions?

Chuck Dixon - He writes an EXCELLENT Time Drake and Dick Grayson dynamic. I'd love to see what he could do with a Wally/Bart or Wally/Wallace take.
    Beau Smith - Love the bloke. He gave us THE guy Gardner everyone else copied. Cobb, Wynona Earp, Wildcat. Worth a shot.
    Mark Millar - Let's see what he'd do given free reign for a year!
    Gail Simone - Wrote one of THE greatest DC books of the last 20 years, Secret Six.
    And a couple more:
    Jeff Lemire
    Jeph Loeb
    Bill Willingham
    Messner-Loeb. (I'd like to know what became of ... The Clipper!) (Also the talking cat and Wally's poor, abandoned dog. How old would they be now in comic book years?)
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Did Tom Taylor write that one DCeased spinoff issue where the Flash family evacuates Keystone? If so, he gets my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sneezing_Stormtrooper View Post
    Did Tom Taylor write that one DCeased spinoff issue where the Flash family evacuates Keystone? If so, he gets my vote.
    Yes that was Tom Taylor, no one else has written anything DCeased related.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    That's not necessarily the worst thing. Wally could benefit from a fresh entry point into the character. If its good old fans will embrace it too.
    I agree. As long as a fresh perspective and entry point are honest and loyal to the spirit of what came before. I don't demand slavery to the past but I do want a reasonable update, rather than a complete overhaul with few connections to prior characterization.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Love to see Wally's next new costume to be the top part like the new red while the bottom be blue plus I hope Wally will be redeemed
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I wonder if they'll try and make blue into Wally's thing now...

I think Chip Zdarsky could write a fantastic Wally West.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Hell yes.
    I'd also like to see what Dan Slott would do with Wally.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

20200805_183542.jpg

This is an interesting pic Eddy Barrows just shared. Pretty sure that's Wally since hes hugging Linda and the twins.

So does Wally get into his standard Flash suit in Speed Metal???
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Tom Taylor, and Chip Zdarsky would be my to-go writers for a Wally West and/or Flash Family Book, hands down
    I really really really hope DC could consider them for that, in the future

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    20200805_183542.jpg

This is an interesting pic Eddy Barrows just shared. Pretty sure that's Wally since hes hugging Linda and the twins.

So does Wally get into his standard Flash suit in Speed Metal???
    Probably a flashback or a dream.