Page 72 of 85 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1267
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Could Miles finally have his own Goblin :P?

spoilers:
    Better Donald than Simon Krieger, in my book.
    end of spoilers
    I mean spoilers:
    Donald was obsessed with claiming ownership to the Oz Formula, so it'd only be fitting if Ultimatum injected him with it but then turned him into his lackey.
    end of spoilers
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I find it funny how everyone prefers Aaron as a good guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    I still prefer Aaron starting as a complete scumbag before transitioning to being a better person(sure he had to die before making that transition but eh, details). Comic Aaron, Best Aaron.
    Yeah, I can see that. I also liked his initial Prowler design and wished he'd stuck with that, though I could see him adopting his Insomniac design upon getting his Prowler suit upgraded again.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Yeah, it would be something I'd like to see. I've been advocating for a while that Donald Roxxon gets brought back because I always found him and his arc to be the second most interesting thing about the original Miles Ultimate run (behind Miles' origin story and Prowler.) The Serpent Skull gang from the All-New Ultimates. I get that they were a play-on on the Serpent Society but I think for Miles especially dealing with a meta-human gang could make for an interesting back and forth.

I also do think that the Ultimate Goblin will likely be sticking around past this arc because my theory is it's not actually Norman behind that transformation.
    Gangs using superpower-inducing substances or tech unleashed on the black market after S.H.I.E.L.D.'s downfall could be a great recurring threat for Miles and other "street-level" heroes in the 616 MU, thanks to Secret Empire putting paid to S.H.I.E.L.D. as a concept and institution.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I still prefer Aaron starting as a complete scumbag before transitioning to being a better person(sure he had to die before making that transition but eh, details). Comic Aaron, Best Aaron.
    Agreed, if Aaron starts off as too much of a good guy it messes with his relationship with Jeff too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, I can see that. I also liked his initial Prowler design and wished he'd stuck with that, though I could see him adopting his Insomniac design upon getting his Prowler suit upgraded again.
    Yeah, can't really say I'm a fan of the way the current suit is put together also the colors are a bit too bright imo. The game suit really is great and I wouldn't be opposed to it migrating to the comics.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Agreed, if Aaron starts off as too much of a good guy it messes with his relationship with Jeff too much.

Yeah, can't really say I'm a fan of the way the current suit is put together also the colors are a bit too bright imo. The game suit really is great and I wouldn't be opposed to it migrating to the comics.
    Point, because then Jeff would have no valid reason to keep Miles away and/or distance himself from Aaron, if Aaron is too much of a good guy.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spectacular Member

I hope Miles gets back with Gwen in the comic before the next spider-verse film because if not everyone will cry saying miles in the comics is only with Gwen in the comic because the film. I love Miles and Gwen in the film together WAY more because they have better chemistry, but Miles and Gwen in the comic have chemistry too.

Astonishing Member

Bring back the tangible venom webbing!
    Half a month late response. But this, please!

There's a costume referencing the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon? I guess it was Miles' first media appearance, but kind of random.
    Not at all random. Those who downplay the series aside, it was its own big thing for good 4-something years. And as you said, it was also Miles animated debuted. So having the version of his suit from that show as a nod to it is totally sensible.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I find it funny how everyone prefers Aaron as a good guy.
    Not too surprising, in my opinion. There's a lot of nuance and opportunity that exist with having someone like Aaron who's a ex-criminal trying to stay in the up-and-up for his nephew/surrogate son's good graces. Someone who can provide the kinds of help, insight, and even old repurposed resources that someone like Miles wouldn't have access to otherwise and is much richer having.

Miles and Aaron sharing that connection with each other is more valuable to both characters than simply another hero/villain familial dynamic would be.

That's also part of it. The early, more cynical Aaron who felt he was doing the then-younger Miles a favor by indoctrinating Miles into his own cynical perspective, while also surreptitiously taking advantage of him in the process, was important and relevant to Aaron's early character.

Him starting out that way only to eventually change his ways and his own being for the sake of his budding hero nephew/surrogate son makes Aaron more holistically compelling from a narrative standpoint. It does Miles good, too, that he was able to turn his uncle around, something Aaron's own brother could never do.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Not at all random. Those who downplay the series aside, it was its own big thing for good 4-something years. And as you said, it was also Miles animated debuted. So having the version of his suit from that show as a nod to it is totally sensible.
    And there's also the tangible connection that Nadji Jeter is also the cartoon version of Miles.

And there's also the tangible connection that Nadji Jeter is also the cartoon version of Miles.
    Speaking of, the game sold me more on him continuing to voice Miles. He's still definitely growing into the role but I like what I've heard so far. Actually really love that the game had him speaking more Spanish.

Quote Originally Posted by superheat View Post
    I hope Miles gets back with Gwen in the comic before the next spider-verse film because if not everyone will cry saying miles in the comics is only with Gwen in the comic because the film. I love Miles and Gwen in the film together WAY more because they have better chemistry, but Miles and Gwen in the comic have chemistry too.
    I'm largely indifferent to the pairing. Leaving all the reactions aside, it still felt like the put the cart before the horse because even before they even had a chance to interact Marvel was already pushing out that cover of them kissing. It's kind of my issue with shipping in general, I would've liked to see the two actually interact more before pushing forward with hinting at them hooking up.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Half a month late response. But this, please!
    Count me in as well, the game really showcased the kind of amazing visuals Miles has/could have that no one else really has.
    Speaking of, the game sold me more on him continuing to voice Miles. He's still definitely growing into the role but I like what I've heard so far. Actually really love that the game had him speaking more Spanish.
    I think so too, and it's kind of fitting as Miles' character grows so does Nadji's ability to voice him.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Finished Miles Morales: Spider-Man Vol. 1: Straight Out of Brooklyn and it was pretty good. Really put me in the Miles hype train!

no one TOLD me the 2020 suit was in the game now i gotta buy this and i swear to bendis now i need to find money and

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    no one TOLD me the 2020 suit was in the game now i gotta buy this and i swear to bendis now i need to find money and

Yeah the 2020 suit is far and away the best suit in the game. Been wearing it ever since I unlocked it lol

Yeah, I feel like the game has better served him in the role than the cartoon really did. It helps that he actually gets to be Spider-Man.

I like that they took cues from Ahmed and ITSV with Miles' speaking Spanish, although have anybody who's played Miles actually been Hispanic? That kind of takes me a little out of it.
    I'm largely indifferent to the pairing. Leaving all the reactions aside, it still felt like the put the cart before the horse because even before they even had a chance to interact Marvel was already pushing out that cover of them kissing. It's kind of my issue with shipping in general, I would've liked to see the two actually interact more before pushing forward with hinting at them hooking up.
    And then they barely did anything with it afterwards.

The game was amazing, I’m playing it again to get the platinum so far it’s my game of the year other than Ghost of Tsushima.