Page 75 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2565717273747576777879 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1267

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    So what do y'all think about Phin and Hailey from the game?
    Well, for one, are there any actual girls named "Phin?" I get why they had to call her that but it was just kind of funny to me .

It felt like they were mixing up a bunch of girls Miles knew into one character...she gave me Lana, Tomoe, and even Barbara vibes. I felt bad for her, but I also thought to myself for how smart she was that she was also kind of dumb, but I imagine that her age and emotional instability didn't help.

Hailey seems unique for giving a Superhero a love interest that's disabled and so they communicate through ASL. Although for that same uniqueness I'm curious to see how/if they develop her and Miles' relationship.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Saladin dropped a single panel preview of that upcoming issue.

You know, see this makes me feel bad for Sam. Wasn't he supposed to be their other best (superhero) friend? lol
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Yeah it kind of reminds me of the trinity over at DC where Wonder Woman gets the least amount of attention out of the three.

In all fairness Sam may be in another panel with Miles and Kamala for the page of the issue. If he's not then that is a missed opportunity. But in all honesty it's easier for Kamala and Miles to hang out together since they live the closest to one another. True Sam can be in New York or New Jersey in the span of a few minutes from Arizona. But he's got a lot to deal with at home as well.

This is why I hope there's a new Nova solo comic coming soon. It will be easier to show Sam hanging out with Miles and Kamala more while offering deeper character development for him outside of just the Champions.

Also my bet is this is a flashback page from Miles' memories he has of Kamala, probably while fighting her while she's possessed. Makes sense that his time with her would be the focus then.

Side note...how would you feel if it was Saladin to take on Sam's book?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Yeah it kind of reminds me of the trinity over at DC where Wonder Woman gets the least amount of attention out of the three.
    She is getting all the attention now guess Sam gotta wait his turn
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Side note...how would you feel if it was Saladin to take on Sam's book?
    Honestly Jim Zub would actually be my first pick for a Sam ongoing. TBH his Champions run kind of felt like a backdoor pitch for a new Sam!Nova book.

It would be nice if Kamala is about to pass to Sam...but it does feel like we see Kamala and Miles pop up in each other books a lot but we rarely see one-on-ones between them and Sam outside the Champions book. Which I guess is partially because Sam doesn't have an ongoing.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Honestly Jim Zub would actually be my first pick for a Sam ongoing. TBH his Champions run kind of felt like a backdoor pitch for a new Sam!Nova book.
    Zub definitely seemed the most invested in Sam of the "core" Champions during his run in my opinion.

Not just the books either I noticed. Like how that Scholastics book that released a few months ago focused on Miles, Kamala, and Doreen. And how their Ultimate Alliance 3 appearance had the two with Spider-Gwen. Just interesting/unfortunate that Marvel reverse coursed on both Novas so hard.

Not just the books either I noticed. Like how that Scholastics book that released a few months ago focused on Miles, Kamala, and Doreen. And how their Ultimate Alliance 3 appearance had the two with Spider-Gwen. Just interesting/unfortunate that Marvel reverse coursed on both Novas so hard.
    Now that I think about it, I can't remember Miles interacting with Nova in the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon either. Miles joined around the time they were phasing him out.

Miles and Kamala at least got to meet in Marvel's Spider-Man.

Zub would definitely be the top pick for me as well.

I really liked Phin and felt sorry for her and how things turned out. Hailey's nice, but if she's supposed to be a love interest they need to work on it, which I don't doubt they'll do, because as is they barely interacted at all. Also Aaron the cause of a huge part of the problem between Miles and Phin.
    I assume they're going to continue to nurture that relationship during Spiderman 2 or some type of DLC. I also agree on the Aaron part, he betrayed him and Miles ended up paying for it.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Not even just the betrayal the just terrible advice of using their friendship to get information out of her started the nosedive of their friendship. If I was Miles I don't know if I'd ever forgive him, because Aaron had no real reason to do it his job is thief not snitch.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I assume they're going to continue to nurture that relationship during Spiderman 2 or some type of DLC. I also agree on the Aaron part, he betrayed him and Miles ended up paying for it.
    I'm expecting it'll be handled like Peter's side in Miles' game, where Miles tells Peter what's going on with him and updating on stuff that happened in the game.

I think she'll be mentioned but not actually appear physically.

Not even just the betrayal the just terrible advice of using their friendship to get information out of her started the nosedive of their friendship. If I was Miles I don't know if I'd ever forgive him, because Aaron had no real reason to do it his job is thief not snitch.
    Oh yeah all around scummy, no wonder the family cut ties with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm expecting it'll be handled like Peter's side in Miles' game, where Miles tells Peter what's going on with him and updating on stuff that happened in the game.

I think she'll be mentioned but not actually appear physically.
    I hope so, it'd be a shame if they forgot about it and dropped the whole thing.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Incredible Member

Currently reading the prequel novel to the game and they flat out name SHIELD as a thing in this universe, probably means nothing for the games moving forward but im just surprised its even a thing at all even in a little tie in book. Anyone know if SHIELD is brought up at all in any of the tie in comics for Peter?
    Last edited by Nerwrax15; 11-23-2020 at 11:59 PM.