Page 84 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3474808182838485 LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1267

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    The book has been going on for two years now and have been stable and reliable sales wise. Where are all these people who are going to drop the book out of the blue over protest?

This is coming across as really unfounded doomposting.
    Yeah, the run doesn't feel like it's winding down to me and it doesn't seem like it's just kind of ending like Ahmed's Ms. Marvel run.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AtheistInRed View Post
    Well, I believe 2 parts of a tie-in is too much. Plus the luke-warm pace this run has doesn't help either. Some readers will lose after sticking to this for so long. But I don't want Saladin to get kicked out of this book, I just want him to step it up.

Are you talking about his popularity from ITSV and Spider-Man: Miles Morales? If so then huge mediums like movies and games don't always translates to comic salesbut we'll see.

Yeah maybe a 10th anniversary could come but I'm a pessimist lol.
    That is because the ones who do cross over like a John Stewart don't have books starring them nor books in trades. We got a new Batwoman and Black Lightning daughters on tv shows. Yet none of them are in a book.

And in some cases if they do not every store stocks copies like Monica (Spectrum) trade before Cap Marvel comes out. Or Static's books when he had a tv show.

And lets not forget how many tv and movie folks have been MIA in comics. Young Justice for a time says hi.

In Miles's case access to his stuff is not mission impossible like it has been for other black characters.

These fans are not going to hunt down comic book stores. They are going to the Wal-Mart, Target & Barnes & Nobles.

Miles is a year and half away from joining the 100 issue club. Being the 3rd black (biracial) guy to hit that mark at Marvel and 4th overall in comics.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Miles is a year and half away from joining the 100 issue club. Being the 3rd black (biracial) guy to hit that mark at Marvel and 4th overall in comics.
    Who are the others? I assume Black Panther and Spawn are among them, but I don't know about the remaining characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I was thinking the same thing, that cover easily could have been some random panel from any issue. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, if anything it just makes me want Clarke to do interiors for the book one day, but it might be one of the forgettable covers I've seen in a while.

As far as that being the end for Ahmed, it wouldn't be a bad time to do it. It was a decent length; he did his big story; he's got a project all his own in the works; and he'll already be off Kamala by then. Plus the three issues we've seen so far are will probably go something along the lines of introducing Knullified Kamala, fighting Knullified Kamala, and then dealing with the emotions of fighting Knullified Kamala which is simple and long enough of a story to transition to somebody else.

And as far as getting cancelled goes there's no way that's happening Miles is at his peak popularity and next year is his ten year anniversary if anything we'll be getting a new run sometime and a ton of variants come September. And maybe a special 10th year anniversary extra, maybe a mini.
    Oh yeah, I wasn't saying the book would be cancelled. If Ahmed's done, I'd expect an immediate relaunch (at least within three months). And I'm sure that'll happen with Kamala too, they were likely just waiting for Outlawed to finish (which seems to happen in March).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

I'm kinda pissed at the sensationalist articles on Miles' game apparently selling 70% less than the first one. I suspect a lot of that has to do with it being hard to get a PS5 right now. Yeah, it's technically available for the PS4 too, but it was marketed as a PS5 game and I'm sure there's plenty of people like me that want to wait to play it on the PS5.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I'm kinda pissed at the sensationalist articles on Miles' game apparently selling 70% less than the first one. I suspect a lot of that has to do with it being hard to get a PS5 right now. Yeah, it's technically available for the PS4 too, but it was marketed as a PS5 game and I'm sure there's plenty of people like me that want to wait to play it on the PS5.
    This was something I wanted to bring up since I've seen certain Youtubers use this as evidence of the game being a "flop". A great deal of the marketing did seem to point to it being a next gen game so much so that I actually went and bought the PS5 version. Of course I couldn't secure a PS5 so I also bought the PS4 version.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Same, and of course they don't take into account the multiple aspects the game had going against it. I'm not surprised though desperate click baiters are gonna do what desperate click baiters always do.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Same, and of course they don't take into account the multiple aspects the game had going against it. I'm not surprised though desperate click baiters are gonna do what desperate click baiters always do.
    Ironically, they're just following the game's tagline --- "Be yourself." And if "yourself" is a huge jack@$$ . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Giancarlo Esposito as Old Man Miles by Oscar Romero

I really like the suit, it keeps the iconic imagery of the original suit while adding it's own bit of style. And Giancarlo make an excellent face model for an Old Man Miles. Makes me wish we could get a better Old Man Miles story than the one we got.
    Last edited by Dragonick; 12-28-2020 at 02:11 AM.

Incredible Member

I really like the suit, it keeps the iconic imagery of the original suit while adding it's own bit of style. And Giancarlo make an excellent face model for an Old Man Miles. Makes me wish we could get a better Old Man Miles story than the one we got.
    What kinda Spider story set in the not too distant future neglects giving said Spider-Character Spider-Kid(s)?

All the options Miles has(ONE AHMED EVEN CREATED) And the yung boi ends up with nobody -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

Giancarlo Esposito as Old Man Miles by Oscar Romero
    Cool visual .

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    What kinda Spider story set in the not too distant future neglects giving said Spider-Character Spider-Kid(s)?

All the options Miles has(ONE AHMED EVEN CREATED) And the yung boi ends up with nobody -_-
    That story was so strange, there was nothing really inherently offensive about it but it had so many irksome flaws that I could not call it good. And as you said I'm to believe at that age no relationship panned out? He was the only superhero and publicly known leader of the city during an apocalypse how much bigger of a draw can you get? Plus he deserved a much bigger hero moment than dying beating redneck Captain America.

For the collectors out in here check out this PCS statue coming out next year

And all it'll cost you is $1,000 USD so if you've got it like that there's something to look forward to next year.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

For the collectors out in here check out this PCS statue coming out next year

And all it'll cost you is $1,000 USD so if you've got it like that there's something to look forward to next year.
    That's pretty cool.
    The spider is always on the hunt.