Page 38 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    That Scholastic book with Miles, Kamala, and Doreen is coming out next week here's an excerpt for anyone interested.
    https://kids.scholastic.com/content/...inkId=95214158
    That's a new kind of hairstyle for Carol .

Do you recommend me reading Absolute Carnage tie-ins about Miles Morales? I'm asking this because in Spain, from where I'm from, they publish them as part of the main run of Miles Morales, but I think they don't have so much to do with the story (I've readed up to issue 10) so I don't know about purchasing those issues.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rubenypichin View Post
    Do you recommend me reading Absolute Carnage tie-ins about Miles Morales? I'm asking this because in Spain, from where I'm from, they publish them as part of the main run of Miles Morales, but I think they don't have so much to do with the story (I've readed up to issue 10) so I don't know about purchasing those issues.
    As a stand-alone story it is pretty neat, but Donny Cates ultimately ignored the resolution of the tie-in in the main Absolute Carnage event.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by rubenypichin View Post
    Yeah reading the Miles tie-in is fine because it was written by Saladin so i can understand why it is considered part of the main story BUT It doesn't add or take away from the main story If you want to ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    That Scholastic book with Miles, Kamala, and Doreen is coming out next week here's an excerpt for anyone interested.
    https://kids.scholastic.com/content/...inkId=95214158
    That link doesn't work. Redirects to https://www.scholastic.com/unavailable/index.html
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

That's weird, it works just fine for me. Maybe going from the official Twitter post will work
    https://twitter.com/Scholastic/statu...27086641598468

Same result, goes to the Unavailable message. I guess it's a region lock, but if so, it should say so!
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yes, Marvel Did Consider Stripping Miles Morales of the Spider-Man Name

Marvel has confirmed that it once considered stripping Miles Morales of the Spider-Man title in favor of giving the hero a new codename.

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-considere...ider-man-name/

Marvel should really have created a spider-boy at the What If level many years ago... They remain silent on the copyright to the name.. as it stands, the first "Spider-Boy" to come out was the co-owned character with the DC-Marvel Amalgalm one-shots. Marvel needs to secure the full rights to that name.

Incredible Member

Glad they stuck to their guns, Miles being Spider-Man is as much of an acknowledgement as it is a hero name. And i'd definitely say he has aged out of "Boy" naming territory anyway(although Peter did mention it back in Spider-Men which was humorous) going from -Man to -Boy would be all sorts of wrong.

That would explain that stuff that got dropped at the end of Bendis' run, with the whole identity thing that was going on. Very strange time to be considering that when he had movie coming out literally the same year.

It wouldn't have been Spider-Boy considering the spy stuff that was going on with his book at the time. I guess that also confirms that whole Spy-D (still a horribly uncreative name btw) thing going on at the time. Though I do still believe an espionage addition along with the super heroics could be cool. Not to mention as Nerwrax said he's aged out of the "Boy" naming territory and going from man to -Man to -Boy would have some very serious racial implications that would have really reflected poorly on Marvel. Glad they didn't do something that poorly thought out, it could have really hurt him as a character.

And funnily enough the only non amalgam Spider-Boy I can think of is Miles and Gwen's son from Earth-8.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Having read the Business Insider article CBR referenced for that piece, this is exactly why there are people, even within Marvel's professional structure, with serious doubts as to how much respect Marvel --- as a corporation, and like any other, in the business of making money --- really has for characters like Miles and the fandom they've engendered over the past decade.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Yes, Marvel Did Consider Stripping Miles Morales of the Spider-Man Name

Marvel has confirmed that it once considered stripping Miles Morales of the Spider-Man title in favor of giving the hero a new codename.

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-considere...ider-man-name/

Marvel should really have created a spider-boy at the What If level many years ago... They remain silent on the copyright to the name.. as it stands, the first "Spider-Boy" to come out was the co-owned character with the DC-Marvel Amalgalm one-shots. Marvel needs to secure the full rights to that name.
    Well, think of how he's marketed. Despite now being a movie star, Miles's trades aren't Spider-Man branded any more. Ahmed's run is collected as just Miles Morales.

Now here's a thought. There is actually one name not currently in use that would suit Miles. Anya Corazon's discarded original codename, Arana.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-31-2020 at 03:02 PM.

Astonishing Member

Miles needs a book with an adjective in the name the same way Peter has The Amazing Spider-Man. To call it Miles Morales: Spider-Man or vice-versa just makes him feel like The 'Other' Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Now here's a thought. There is actually one name not currently in use that would suit Miles. Anya Corazon's discarded original codename, Arana.
    Araña is a feminine noun in spanish.

If they want to change the name (which at this point I doubt they will) they could simply name him "The Spider".

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Araña is a feminine noun in spanish.

If they want to change the name (which at this point I doubt they will) they could simply name him "The Spider".
    does anyone control the name of the old pulp character?