Page 23 of 85 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast

Well, if it doesn't mention Ms. Marvel's "Outlawed Generation" speech or her out of a coma, it might not spoil too much that wasn't already in the one-shot.

This whole imitative seems like it's been completely torpedoed by current events.

Yep. Champions will be needing another relaunch in 2021 - the current one is DOA. I feel sorry for Eve Ewing, Saladin Ahmed, and the other creatives involved in Outlawed, since it's not their fault.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Miles book did sale more than Champions/Ms Marvel. That could also be one of the factors.

To be honest, I think all of the Outlawed line except for Miles should've gone digital first. You're quite right that they're poor sellers in the direct market. Miles escapes falling into the same trap simply because he's a Spider-Man. It's probably the reason they haven't tried to rename him.

Turns out Kamala's delay may not be Coronavirus related at all. She needs a new inker, her current one is no longer with us.
    http://www.multiversitycomics.com/news/juan-vlasco-rip/
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    To be honest, I think all of the Outlawed line except for Miles should've gone digital first. You're quite right that they're poor sellers in the direct market. Miles escapes falling into the same trap simply because he's a Spider-Man. It's probably the reason they haven't tried to rename him.

Turns out Kamala's delay may not be Coronavirus related at all. She needs a new inker, her current one is no longer with us.
    http://www.multiversitycomics.com/news/juan-vlasco-rip/
    -How much merchandise a character can push also goes into their comics longevity despite low floppy sales. Miles and Kamala pretty secure on that front, and Kamala's going to be getting a MCU debut. Not to mention her TPB's are among Marvel's highest sellers.

-Sad to hear about her book's inker, my condolences.

-While it may not be looking too good for the Champions series right now, I'm going to hold off on calling it DOA until we see more of the new dates for what should have been April's solicits that will be coming out, but yeah Marvel will probably need a new and much harder media and marketing push to rebuild any hype people had for the new volume. Was really looking forward to this run with the creative team they got and still am. Seriously though if the team has any real shot at longevity they need to start branching out into some other forms of media. Where's my Champions animated series newly revamped Marvel animation studios?
    Last edited by Grimm911; 05-04-2020 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    -How much merchandise a character can push also goes into their comics longevity despite low floppy sales. Miles and Kamala pretty secure on that front, and Kamala's going to be getting a MCU debut. Not to mention her TPB's are among Marvel's highest sellers.

-Sad to hear about her book's inker, my condolences.

-While it may not be looking too good for the Champions series right now, I'm going to hold off on calling it DOA until we see more of the new dates for what should have been April's solicits that will be coming out, but yeah Marvel will probably need a new and much harder media and marketing push to rebuild any hype people had for the new volume. Was really looking forward to this run with the creative team they got and still am. Seriously though if the team has any real shot at longevity they need to start branching out into some other forms of media. Where's my Champions animated series newly revamped Marvel animation studios?
    Probably dependent on there actually being a newly revamped Marvel Animation studios and whether the MCU goes for Champions, Young Avengers, or a hybrid...

(I personally miss Marvel Rising).

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Probably dependent on there actually being a newly revamped Marvel Animation studios and whether the MCU goes for Champions, Young Avengers, or a hybrid...

(I personally miss Marvel Rising).
    Same here. I'm hoping it at least gets a decent farewell/finale special.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Yeah, Playing With Fire shouldn't be the finale, it didn't even have the full cast. But unfortunately, nothing more has been announced.

Until last year, they had three other Marvel cartoons on Disney XD. Spider-Man, Guardians of the Galaxy and Avengers. Spider-Man's replacement is Spidey and His Amazing Friends, which is due to air on Disney Junior, and Avengers was replaced by Future Avengers on Disney+. There's a Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur series, but I think that's destined for Disney Channel. I think XD's days are numbered. When Spider-Man: Maximum Venom ends, short of another Rising episode getting announced, that's it. No more new Marvel on Disney XD.

If they were to launch four new cartoons to replace those four, I think they should be X-Men, Champions (which could use the same version of Miles from the Spider-Man cartoon, Kamala from the Avengers one, and Nova from Guardians), and Fantastic Four (which could use the Spider-Man cartoon's Peter) for the linear channels, and a revival of EMH for Disney+ (hey, DC brought back Young Justice, so why not?).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-05-2020 at 05:18 AM.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Saw this posted in the solicitations thread but the lack of Miles' comic in August really got me believing Marvel is aborting Outlawed and now Saladin has to rewrite those tie-in issues. Same with how Kamala's book has straight up been MIA.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

I think Champions was meant to do Outlawed for at least a year, and now it'll probably be a mini, so yeah, both of Saladin's books will need rewrites, since presumably Champions will end with Kamala's Law repealed. Outlawed can't be cancelled completely though. Miles Morales #17 is out June 10 - it was originally due on April 1 and thus was already printed. The odd thing is, Ms. Marvel #14 was due on April 1 too, so why wasn't that resolicited...

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Saw this posted in the solicitations thread but the lack of Miles' comic in August really got me believing Marvel is aborting Outlawed and now Saladin has to rewrite those tie-in issues. Same with how Kamala's book has straight up been MIA.
    I guess being Outlawed...has been outlawed.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    September 2.

A lot of Marvel books are coming out. Miles will have 3. All Outlawed tie ins.

I just don't know if they are print and digital or digital only.

Seeing I have a subscription to Miles-Marvel is going to owe me some money for those 3-if they don't get printed.

How many threads do I need to post this in - they're not out that day! Only three more issues of Miles have been solicited, and one of those is due on June 10, so he can't have three issues due on September 2nd. And no title will have multiple issues out at once anyway. It's obviously a placeholder date. Some books will be later than that. Some will go digital exclusive and release earlier - they could announce those on release day without an advance solicitation.

Just 7 days to go.

EZmuHunXgAQ0S-R.jpg

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Just 7 days to go.

EZmuHunXgAQ0S-R.jpg
    Next week? Awesome!
    The spider is always on the hunt.