Page 83 of 85 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1267

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    DisMarvel seems all in on the MCU instead of Marvel Animation.
    arent they run by separate teams anyway.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    arent they run by separate teams anyway.
    Yeah, but Disney obviously seems to prioritize one over the other.

Yeah, but Disney obviously seems to prioritize one over the other.
    how involved is disney regarding the animation as opposed to the mcu? dont they just leave it to the marvel team and let them do what they want? But just take the profit?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    how involved is disney regarding the animation as opposed to the mcu? dont they just leave it to the marvel team and let them do what they want? But just take the profit?
    I wouldn't say for sure, but I get the sense they were fairly hands-off with the cartoons.

MILES MORALES SPIDER-MAN #24
    JAN210646
    (W) Saladin Ahmed (A) Carmen Nunez Carnero (CA) Taurin Clarke
    The King in Black put Miles' back against the wall using one of his best friend's super-hands around his throat.
    Can Miles bounce back with any of his soul intact?
    Rated T
    In Shops: Mar 24, 2021
    SRP: $3.99
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

King in Black is going to get this book cancelled at some point. I'm calling it. But that cover is nice.
    "I swear to god, if I get banned..."

It's also super generic. I wonder if this is it for Ahmed? 24 is a round number (exactly four TPBs of six issues each) and he's already done with Ms. Marvel which he started later (and ends at 18).

This issue isn't a KIB tie-in by the way, but does seem to be dealing with the aftermath.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by AtheistInRed View Post
    King in Black is going to get this book cancelled at some point. I'm calling it. But that cover is nice.
    How? Because people will be just that done with Knull by then ?

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

How? Because people will be just that done with Knull by then ?
    That and we're looking at what, a 2-part tie-in that is only loosely tying into the main event at that. I don't see how that will derail the book and drive away readers either.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's also super generic. I wonder if this is it for Ahmed? 24 is a round number (exactly four TPBs of six issues each) and he's already done with Ms. Marvel which he started later (and ends at 18).

This issue isn't a KIB tie-in by the way, but does seem to be dealing with the aftermath.
    I was thinking the same thing, that cover easily could have been some random panel from any issue. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, if anything it just makes me want Clarke to do interiors for the book one day, but it might be one of the forgettable covers I've seen in a while.

As far as that being the end for Ahmed, it wouldn't be a bad time to do it. It was a decent length; he did his big story; he's got a project all his own in the works; and he'll already be off Kamala by then. Plus the three issues we've seen so far are will probably go something along the lines of introducing Knullified Kamala, fighting Knullified Kamala, and then dealing with the emotions of fighting Knullified Kamala which is simple and long enough of a story to transition to somebody else.

And as far as getting cancelled goes there's no way that's happening Miles is at his peak popularity and next year is his ten year anniversary if anything we'll be getting a new run sometime and a ton of variants come September. And maybe a special 10th year anniversary extra, maybe a mini.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    That and we're looking at what, a 2-part tie-in that is only loosely tying into the main event at that. I don't see how that will derail the book and drive away readers either.
    Well, I believe 2 parts of a tie-in is too much. Plus the luke-warm pace this run has doesn't help either. Some readers will lose after sticking to this for so long. But I don't want Saladin to get kicked out of this book, I just want him to step it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    And as far as getting cancelled goes there's no way that's happening Miles is at his peak popularity and next year is his ten year anniversary if anything we'll be getting a new run sometime and a ton of variants come September. And maybe a special 10th year anniversary extra, maybe a mini.
    Are you talking about his popularity from ITSV and Spider-Man: Miles Morales? If so then huge mediums like movies and games don't always translates to comic sales but we'll see.

Yeah maybe a 10th anniversary could come but I'm a pessimist lol.

Quote Originally Posted by AtheistInRed View Post
    Well, I believe 2 parts of a tie-in is too much. Plus the luke-warm pace this run has doesn't help either. Some readers will lose after sticking to this for so long. But I don't want Saladin to get kicked out of this book, I just want him to step it up.
    Maybe he wants to give adequate due to a Miles vs. Kamala fight.

Maybe he wants to give adequate due to a Miles vs. Kamala fight.
    Maybe. Kamala and Miles are great friends and Saladin has ties to her so I can see why. However 2 issues of an event tie-in is too much I feel. One is enough.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

The book has been going on for two years now and have been stable and reliable sales wise. Where are all these people who are going to drop the book out of the blue over protest?

This is coming across as really unfounded doomposting.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    The book has been going on for two years now and have been stable and reliable sales wise. Where are all these people who are going to drop the book out of the blue over protest?

This is coming across as really unfounded doomposting.
    Haha I see! Well in my defense almost every comic fan on this site is a doomposter sometimes.