Page 78 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2868747576777879808182 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1267
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Spider-Man's Composer on Crafting Miles Morales' Melodic Identity

https://io9.gizmodo.com/spider-mans-...dic-1845776678
    I definitely liked the OST here more than the original game. It was like a perfect fusion dance of MCU and ITSV. lol
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    You know the Prowler!Spider costume for Miles makes me wish that it'll eventually get revealed that the Earth-65 ended up becoming the Prowler. I was hoping that was going to be the reveal when Miles and Gwen were having that crossover because it was coming off the hills of him freaking out over the idea of giving into his anger like his Uncle and Dad had done in the past, but we got Crime Lord!Jefferson Davis instead.
    That would be pretty cool, and it would also just be great to see the costume with some regularity. It also kinda makes me wish comic Miles had some kind of utility belt lie that suit has. With all the great stuff the game did I wonder if going forward any writers at some point will take inspiration from it and make it canon for comic Miles and what they'll choose.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    You know the Prowler!Spider costume for Miles makes me wish that it'll eventually get revealed that the Earth-65 ended up becoming the Prowler. I was hoping that was going to be the reveal when Miles and Gwen were having that crossover because it was coming off the hills of him freaking out over the idea of giving into his anger like his Uncle and Dad had done in the past, but we got Crime Lord!Jefferson Davis instead.
    I thought it was interesting during the game:

spoilers:
    When Miles and Ganke are designing Miles' "real" suit, one of the sketches is in Prowler colors. And this was before he knew it was Aaron.
    end of spoilers

Random question: Has Miles ever met/fought the Punisher? I feel like that could be the basis for an interesting arc, provided Marvel editorial isn't afraid of "politics."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaeus View Post
    Random question: Has Miles ever met/fought the Punisher? I feel like that could be the basis for an interesting arc, provided Marvel editorial isn't afraid of "politics."
    Not that I'm aware of, but it could definitely make an interesting story.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

how would it be politics?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    how would it be politics?
    Well, I put it in quotes because it's not like it would directly comment on anything, but a Miles v. Punisher story would be interesting because it would touch on issues of (social) justice and brutality in law enforcement that have sparked major protests in the United States since the killing of George Floyd. I mean, you would have a young Black man squaring off a White vigilante hell-bent on killing perceived "criminals and low lives"; the imagery is certainly there.
    Last edited by Alkaeus; 12-01-2020 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Adding some extra context

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I mean, I doubt in general Marvel would be willing to commit to making Punisher a hard stand-in for Police Brutality when they've done their best to distance the correlation between the two.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Well, I put it in quotes because it's not like it would directly comment on anything, but a Miles v. Punisher story would be interesting because it would touch on issues of (social) justice and brutality in law enforcement that have sparked major protests in the United States since the killing of George Floyd. I mean, you would have a young Black man squaring off a White vigilante hell-bent on killing perceived "criminals and low lives"; the imagery is certainly there.
    yeah thats a reach Punisher has nothing to do with the police im pretty sure there was an issue when he hated that some policeman like what he does

https://www.cbr.com/netflix-punisher...-about-police/
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Even Gerry Conway was vocal about reclaiming the skull from cops trying to use it for their own symbol. To quote him, "They're embracing an outlaw mentality".

Okay, fair enough. I guess it's just that I'm not totally convinced by that disavowal, but y'all are right that Marvel would be very reluctant to cast Frank in that role.

Astonishing Member

For all of Frank Castle's flaws, he is not someone who sides with the law just because it's the law. He's gone after cops and white-collar criminals before. He would absolutely be against Derek Chauvin, systemic racism, and the cops that try to claim The Punisher as "one of them".
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 12-01-2020 at 06:37 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    For all of Frank Castle's flaws, he is not someone who sides with the law just because it's the law. He's gone after cops and white-collar criminals before. He would absolutely be against Derek Chauvin, systemic racism, and the cops that try to claim The Punisher as "one of them".
    True enough, at least on the last part, and in some versions of his backstory, the whole reason he became the Punisher was that corrupt cops were aiding and abetting the murderers of his family, so there would be nothing done to avenge his family otherwise.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    True enough, at least on the last part, and in some versions of his backstory, the whole reason he became the Punisher was that corrupt cops were aiding and abetting the murderers of his family, so there would be nothing done to avenge his family otherwise.
    I think Ultimate Punisher literally had his family killed by corrupt cops.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I'm not as familiar with his comics, but at least the Netflix version showed disgust towards racism. I remember he was infuriated when his son used a racial slur in one of the flashbacks.