Page 77 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2767737475767778798081 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1267
  1. #1141
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    60,189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It would've been better just to make him a native of the 616 from the get go and drop the Ultimate Universe connection.
    They tried to have their cake and eat it too as far as honoring his connection to the Ultimate Universe while trying to make him feel like a natural part of the 616 universe...but it's had its drawbacks.

    Frankly I it 2-3 years before they try the same thing with Gwen.

  2. #1142
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It would've been better just to make him a native of the 616 from the get go and drop the Ultimate Universe connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They tried to have their cake and eat it too as far as honoring his connection to the Ultimate Universe while trying to make him feel like a natural part of the 616 universe...but it's had its drawbacks.

    Frankly I it 2-3 years before they try the same thing with Gwen.
    What's weird is that Miles arguably doesn't even need much of an origin. You can for-the-most-part get away with just saying he got bit by a spider and was inspired by Peter to become a Spider-Man. Simply not bringing up Ultimate would have streamlined his origin a lot.

  3. #1143
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    What's weird is that Miles arguably doesn't even need much of an origin. You can for-the-most-part get away with just saying he got bit by a spider and was inspired by Peter to become a Spider-Man. Simply not bringing up Ultimate would have streamlined his origin a lot.
    I mean, it isn't really brought up all that often in actuality, this current storyline not withstanding. We got Spider-Men II, vauge allusions in the solo while Bendis was writing, and the occasionally reference when Miles shows up in someone else's book.

    Its not like Miles is constantly being shaken down for his origins by everyone that comes across him. As far as im concerned: Ultimate Universe -> Secret Wars -> wakes up on 616 and carries on. Its not perfect but its simple enough to understand, that cursed annual did nothing but make the whole thing even more complicated.

  4. #1144
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I just want to know how Miles went from remembering 1610 in Spider-Men II to whatever this vague thing is now. Was it Ahmed's idea or a higher ups kind of deal because ot doesn't really make much sense.
    I think we're just gonna have to accept it as a hard retcon from always knowing to not remembering, or he just "slowly" forgot the memories over time :/

  5. #1145
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It would've been better just to make him a native of the 616 from the get go and drop the Ultimate Universe connection.
    As someone whose been reading him since his ultimate universe orgin, this would bug me. Might as well be a different character if it isn't the Miles i have been reading.

  6. #1146
    Mighty Member Dragonick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    I mean, it isn't really brought up all that often in actuality, this current storyline not withstanding. We got Spider-Men II, vauge allusions in the solo while Bendis was writing, and the occasionally reference when Miles shows up in someone else's book.

    Its not like Miles is constantly being shaken down for his origins by everyone that comes across him. As far as im concerned: Ultimate Universe -> Secret Wars -> wakes up on 616 and carries on. Its not perfect but its simple enough to understand, that cursed annual did nothing but make the whole thing even more complicated.
    That's how I've always taken, plus it's not like any other characters have really bothered bringing up anything in Secret Wars. People are really placing a lot of importance on something that almost never comes up, and imo isn't even really that important.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    I think we're just gonna have to accept it as a hard retcon from always knowing to not remembering, or he just "slowly" forgot the memories over time :/
    Well that's disappointing
    As someone whose been reading him since his ultimate universe orgin, this would bug me. Might as well be a different character if it isn't the Miles i have been reading.
    Plus it also messes with Spider-Verse and the original Spider-Men wile not actually contributing much.

  7. #1147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    As someone whose been reading him since his ultimate universe orgin, this would bug me. Might as well be a different character if it isn't the Miles i have been reading.
    I don't hate Miles's time in the Ultimate Universe but it wasn't something I need to carry over to the 616. I was cool with them being separate takes on Miles.

  8. #1148
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    I mean, it isn't really brought up all that often in actuality, this current storyline not withstanding. We got Spider-Men II, vauge allusions in the solo while Bendis was writing, and the occasionally reference when Miles shows up in someone else's book.

    Its not like Miles is constantly being shaken down for his origins by everyone that comes across him. As far as im concerned: Ultimate Universe -> Secret Wars -> wakes up on 616 and carries on. Its not perfect but its simple enough to understand, that cursed annual did nothing but make the whole thing even more complicated.
    The only potential problem is the fact he was inspired by the death of Ultimate Peter Parker. For the longest time that was kinda his Uncle Ben moment.

    Outside of that, I don't think 616 Miles needs much of an origin. And if "a" Spider-Man has to die, 616 can always say it was one of Peter's clones that died.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    As someone whose been reading him since his ultimate universe orgin, this would bug me. Might as well be a different character if it isn't the Miles i have been reading.
    If you don't mind me asking, do you feel the same way about every version of Peter than the very first one you've been exposed to? If you're a Millenial, you likely didn't get into Spider-Man through the 616 version but through Ultimate, TAS, The Spectacular Spider-Man, or Raimi's. The 616 Peter is a different character from all those versions.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 11-28-2020 at 09:54 AM.

  9. #1149
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    60,189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    I think we're just gonna have to accept it as a hard retcon from always knowing to not remembering, or he just "slowly" forgot the memories over time :/
    So basically DC Crisis logic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    The only potential problem is the fact he was inspired by the death of Ultimate Peter Parker. For the longest time that was kinda his Uncle Ben moment.

    Outside of that, I don't think 616 Miles needs much of an origin. And if "a" Spider-Man has to die, 616 can always say it was one of Peter's clones that died.
    I've always been curious about the current timeline with Miles' powers, because it seems like some variant of his origin happened circa Civil War and into Secret Invasion.

  10. #1150
    Astonishing Member Lukmendes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    2,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So basically DC Crisis logic.

    I've always been curious about the current timeline with Miles' powers, because it seems like some variant of his origin happened circa Civil War and into Secret Invasion.
    Once upon a time, Marvel didn't have to worry about this "Characters memories were altered because they can't remember some event that fucked the universe" shit... I don't know why they thought it was okay to do that when avoiding it for so long.

    And yes, I'm aware how old that makes me sound, but sheesh, some things just shouldn't be done lol.

  11. #1151
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, do you feel the same way about every version of Peter than the very first one you've been exposed to? If you're a Millenial, you likely didn't get into Spider-Man through the 616 version but through Ultimate, TAS, The Spectacular Spider-Man, or Raimi's. The 616 Peter is a different character from all those versions.
    ....No, but we aren't talking about every version of Peter, we are talking about the very first version Miles to ever exist. Period. Why would i even demand any other version of Peter to supersede the original? And even if i wanted a particular cartoon Spider-Man to always be the cartoon Spider-Man always running or Tobey Maguire/Andrew Garfield to continue being THE movie Spider-Man, there are a myriad of reasons why that could never be the case.

    But Marvel Comics? Where they can make any number of reasons/excuses why a character should stick around? Them just making a homegrown 616 Miles getting bit by a Spider and becoming Spider-Man would just be them aping off the already pre-existing 1610 Miles to continue what they wanted to do with that character, so why not just bring over the version of the character that people already had investment in? Which is what they did.

  12. #1152
    Mighty Member Dragonick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,678

    Default

    For anyone interested they've released a ton of concept art for the game on **********
    https://magazine.**********.com/2020...red-art-blast/

  13. #1153
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    10,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    For anyone interested they've released a ton of concept art for the game on **********
    https://magazine.**********.com/2020...red-art-blast/
    Thanks! I go to ********** a lot. Lots of excellent work there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  14. #1154
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    For anyone interested they've released a ton of concept art for the game on **********
    https://magazine.**********.com/2020...red-art-blast/
    You know the Prowler!Spider costume for Miles makes me wish that it'll eventually get revealed that the Earth-65 ended up becoming the Prowler. I was hoping that was going to be the reveal when Miles and Gwen were having that crossover because it was coming off the hills of him freaking out over the idea of giving into his anger like his Uncle and Dad had done in the past, but we got Crime Lord!Jefferson Davis instead.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

  15. #1155
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    26,189

    Default

    Spider-Man's Composer on Crafting Miles Morales' Melodic Identity

    https://io9.gizmodo.com/spider-mans-...dic-1845776678

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •