Page 48 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Really? I didn't know about that.
    I believe it just happened. A few articles came out last month about it.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I believe it just happened. A few articles came out last month about it.
    Uh-huh, it was last month or so.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Marvel as a whole seems to think it's too risky to have Peter and Miles interact much. Honestly, their reasons aren't entirely unfounded. Showing a Miles-and-Peter dynamic where Peter comes off as too much of a mentor may or may not reinforce the 'White Savior' trope. It's something that can happen with any older white character and younger black character, but it's twice as risky in the context of Spider-Man since Peter was the first independent teen hero and had to figure everything out on his own. I'm not saying it can't be done but it would require additional planning on Spencer's part (or on the part of any other writer).
    They don't see to have a problem presenting then as mentor/mentee in the PS4 game thougth, especially in the DLC with Miles constanly calling Peter and being really eager about training (by the way i really enjoyed those interactions, reminded me a bit to Nightwing and Robin back in the 90s).
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    They don't see to have a problem presenting then as mentor/mentee in the PS4 game thougth, especially in the DLC with Miles constanly calling Peter and being really eager about training (by the way i really enjoyed those interactions, reminded me a bit to Nightwing and Robin back in the 90s).
    Although in the second game we're pretty much jumping into Miles as a solo, independent, hero.

I could see the tutorials being a flashback to Pete teaching Miles.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I could see the tutorials being a flashback to Pete teaching Miles.
    It would also be a perfect way to show how Miles gets his Spider-Suit. Hopefully both Peter and him worked on it together. Would make for a great bonding moment.

I’m curious if they’ll mention where the inspiration for the design came from...

Astonishing Member

We'll have to wait and see but so far Miles hasn't even become Spider-Man. Plus the fact he is getting his own game implies Peter probably won't be as hands-on as, say, Batman is with Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I’m curious if they’ll mention where the inspiration for the design came from...
    Like why Miles choose Red and black as his suit's primary colors?

How did Miles feel about his charactherization in the last ASM issue?, also i heard that Miles has trouble temembering his time on the Ultimate Universe, but he seemed to remember it in the issue, is this another case of editorial inconsistency?.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Like why Miles choose Red and black as his suit's primary colors?
    Pretty sure they are talking about Peter hard referencing the Spider-Geddon event.

How did Miles feel about his charactherization in the last ASM issue?, also i heard that Miles has trouble temembering his time on the Ultimate Universe, but he seemed to remember it in the issue, is this another case of editorial inconsistency?.
    No, it's a case of COVID delay. Miles should've had two more issues out before that issue of ASM. I'm willing to bet his memory gets fully restored in one of those issues, in which case it's just an out of order release and not editorial's fault.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Mentioned it in the Amazing thread but I find it suspect that Miles or any of the others are advocating for Osborn to get cleansed to the point of actually wanting to stop Peter. I'm suspicious that there is some type of mind control or "influence" from Kindred at play there.

And as Digifiend said, thanks to delays, i'd like to imagine that there was going to be more clarity to Miles having his full memories again.

------

Oh yeah, tomorrow is the PS5 showcase, so we should all be expecting a new updated trailer for the PS5 game too.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Oh yeah, tomorrow is the PS5 showcase, so we should all be expecting a new updated trailer for the PS5 game too.
    I hope we get to see some supporting cast/confirmed villains if we get some footage, although I remember how short some of the gameplay snippets from the last game could be...

Gameplay demo looks great