Page 35 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    It seems you aren't the only one with that thought

For some reason, I'm reminded of a Ninja Turtle.

Incredible Member

Sorry to derail a bit, but i need a refresher, was Jefferson ever stated to be a cop in the comics, and if so does anyone know the issue(s) when? Because i can not for the life of me ever reading as such nor seeing him in uniform, but a wiki says otherwise and now i might just be wrong/crazy.

The only times Jeff's been a cop were the movie and the game, probably because neither could use the SHIELD origin

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    For some reason, I'm reminded of a Ninja Turtle.
    Michaelangelo? Though it reminds me of Deathstroke. It should be yellow, not orange. Someone tell the artist that.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Michaelangelo? Though it reminds me of Deathstroke. It should be yellow, not orange. Someone tell the artist that.
    lol I can't unsee that connection now.

Granted I kinda like the idea of Miles going to Kun lun in an Elseworlds/What if scenario.

Incredible Member

The only times Jeff's been a cop were the movie and the game, probably because neither could use the SHIELD origin
    Thank you, i knew i wasn't imagining things, you would think we would see more of Jefferson's profession if he was a cop in New York City in a superhero comic :P

But that Boy Jeff does NOTHING indicative of being a cop, detective, or anyone aligned with the police force in the Ultimate Comics, he was hella square, still kinda is now lol

Instead of Spidermen II i rather they adapt the crossover with Spider-Gwen as a potential dlc. I prefer Earth 65 Scorpion being Jefferson than whatever Bendis was doing.

I think the first time they established him as a police officer was in the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon where he was already dead.

I think so too, which is weird because they definitely could have used the SHIELD backstory in that. Now that I think about it what's with the trend of killing one of Miles' parents? It happened in both cartoons and the game, and I'm honestly not a fan because it doesn't really add anything interesting.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I think so too, which is weird because they definitely could have used the SHIELD backstory in that. Now that I think about it what's with the trend of killing one of Miles' parents? It happened in both cartoons and the game, and I'm honestly not a fan because it doesn't really add anything interesting.
    I'd blame the comics for starting that, since the defining moment in Miles's life as the new Ultimate Spider-Man, other than his Uncle Aaron/Ultimate Prowler dying in combat with him once Miles saw through his attempts to manipulate him, was his mother being (accidentally) gunned down by cops shooting at the new Venom, which drove Miles to retire for a whole year.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

True, but they got the order messed all those times they die before he even puts on the costume. In the cartoons it doesn't even mean anything, but that probably speaks more about the quality of the cartoons than the actual decision to do so. And as far as the game goes I sometimes feel like they went a little overboard in trying to make Miles and Peter alike. I'm not saying killing Jeff was a bad decision, they wouldn't have had the room for a more accurate portrayal of Miles' origin (not including Peter's death of course), but I don't see the problem of someone deciding to become a hero purely out of the goodness of their heart.

True, but they got the order messed all those times they die before he even puts on the costume. In the cartoons it doesn't even mean anything, but that probably speaks more about the quality of the cartoons than the actual decision to do so. And as far as the game goes I sometimes feel like they went a little overboard in trying to make Miles and Peter alike. I'm not saying killing Jeff was a bad decision, they wouldn't have had the room for a more accurate portrayal of Miles' origin (not including Peter's death of course), but I don't see the problem of someone deciding to become a hero purely out of the goodness of their heart.
    I agree. The whole "tech wiz with a dead father figure" on repeat just felt a little too on-the-nose.

I agree. The whole "tech wiz with a dead father figure" on repeat just felt a little too on-the-nose.
    Yeah, I can understand that. I definitely agree with Dragonick that we don't see enough heroes who become heroes out of plain altruism, a la Superman over at DC, as opposed to some traumatic loss that they're trying to avenge or some traumatic wrong they've committed that they're trying to atone for (or both, in the case of Peter Parker/Spider-Man).

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, I can understand that. I definitely agree with Dragonick that we don't see enough heroes who become heroes out of plain altruism, a la Superman over at DC, as opposed to some traumatic loss that they're trying to avenge or some traumatic wrong they've committed that they're trying to atone for (or both, in the case of Peter Parker/Spider-Man).
    Granted, that's more true for Miles in 616 now then it was for him originally since even in the beginning Miles needed Ultimate Peter's death to become Spider-Man (ditto for the movie version).

Granted, that's more true for Miles in 616 now then it was for him originally since even in the beginning Miles needed Ultimate Peter's death to become Spider-Man (ditto for the movie version).
    Fair enough.