Page 43 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

The video made me roll my eyes a tad(that might be partially because Benny's personality grates on me but eh)

Will say im not a fan of that annual either, made things more complicated and hasn't really factored in since it came out, will always prefer the "he woke up as if he'd always been a part of 616" as it was portrayed in Ultimate End.(not saying he was always there, just that it seems like he was)
    Last edited by Nerwrax15; 08-23-2020 at 06:36 PM.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Bit of confusion on my end. Are you thinking the series should be relaunched after issue #42? If so then why?
    maybe i misunderstood when i read that after this Ultimatum chapter there is a last arc and the book gets relaunch.

Incredible Member

Where did you hear that from? We are like almost 2 years from getting to #42, thats quite a bit of time to be looking into future plans past even that.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    Where did you hear that from? We are like almost 2 years from getting to #42, thats quite a bit of time to be looking into future plans past even that.
    then it is my misunderstanding from reading the solicitation because i don't want Saladin to go to another book

god! i'm embarrassed now for creating all these confusion the #42 was simply the thread page we were in and connecting it to the spider that bitten Miles
    Last edited by Tofali; 08-24-2020 at 01:56 AM.

Default The Problem With Absolute Comics - AtheistInRed

Absolutely no one in that comment section reads comic books, good grief.

Anyway about that video. It seems like they were blowing things out of proportion and didn't like Miles because he is "not original enough for me (or them?)". Also, anybody that says he needs to move back to the Ultimate universe is either dumb or doesn't read comics. Most criticisms of Miles Morales wouldn't exist if people read more of him, especially Saladin's great run.
    LOL I swear individuals love to say "this thing sucks" despite having watched/read a little bit of said thing.

Well then, I am sorry for the ran- Actually you know what? I'm not sorry for the rant. I hate sitting around while watching so called "comic fans" say why they don't like Morales even though they struggle to realize and understand his character.
    Which is To Be Spider-Man: JUL110605_3._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg Yes, I know, it is a hard concept to grasp
    "I swear to god, if I get banned..."

This is why I don't bother with comics Youtube, it's mostly clickbait from people who don't know what they're talking about

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    This is why I don't bother with comics Youtube, it's mostly clickbait from people who don't know what they're talking about
    Professor Thorgi is a pretty fun dude to watch. Doesn't do a MARVEL/DC RECENT THING THEY'VE DONE SPELLS THE END OF COMICS video every week.

Niffleheim

yeah i mostly ignore the lot of the channels that aren't rational with their takes lol! it is a little industry of ratchetting up the hate train however i do agree that Miles' book should have retained the Ultimate branding

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    Professor Thorgi is a pretty fun dude to watch. Doesn't do a MARVEL/DC RECENT THING THEY'VE DONE SPELLS THE END OF COMICS video every week.
    Yeah the three that I like and follow are Professor Thorgi, Caped Joel, and ComicDrake because they all just follow the stuff that they enjoy, and don't crap on new characters/changes.

Sal definitely isn't one of those ComicsGate hot take youtubers, but if you watch enough of the ComicPop videos, you can easily pick up on the fact that he's one of those "set in his ways, prefers comics that emulate _____ era" style of youtubers.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Indeed and unfortunately, comics Youtube is in dissary. Sad to say.
    "I swear to god, if I get banned..."

Youtube comments in general are pretty awfull, especially because there isn't much in the way of moderation there.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by AtheistInRed View Post
    Indeed and unfortunately, comics Youtube is in dissary. Sad to say.
    Dope spill, and comics explained seem to be okay on YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Dope spill, and comics explained seem to be okay on YouTube.
    There’s also Variant on youtube and their podcast. I’ve be a longtime watcher and listener for awhile now.

I watch Comics Explained too and will give Dope Spill a try.

Issue 18 is getting a surprise variant celebrating Marvel's 81st birthday with Miles and the Champions

I wonder if, pre-pandemic, that cover would've been meant for Champions #6 (which would've been out in September)? Of course now Champions #1 won't even be out until October, so the cover was reassigned to Miles's book.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman