Page 47 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Eve Ewing even joked that when she re-read her scripts for Champions she wrote at the start of the year, the similarities between the story and current real worlds events would make it seem like she was trying to be relevant when in truth it's all sheer coincidence.
    Funny how life imitates art sometimes . . . but then art often imitates life, so they're even.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

Pete and Miles finally interacting in Nick's run

https://www.cbr.com/amazing-spider-man-48/amp/

Astonishing Member

They interacted before in Spectacular Spider-Man while fighting Morlun. But I'm always happy for more Miles and Peter interaction.

Incredible Member

I meant specifically in Nick Spencer's Amazing Spider-Man run.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    I meant specifically in Nick Spencer's Amazing Spider-Man run.
    It's true for Peter and pretty much any other Spider-Character. I have to think it's only happening now to build up to an Order of the Web spinoff.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's true for Peter and pretty much any other Spider-Character. I have to think it's only happening now to build up to an Order of the Web spinoff.
    For sure thats the reason, but an interaction between the two definitely should not have taken 2 years on Nick's part -_- Peter and Miles are probably the healthiest Spider relationship Peter's ever had lol

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    For sure thats the reason, but an interaction between the two definitely should not have taken 2 years on Nick's part -_- Peter and Miles are probably the healthiest Spider relationship Peter's ever had lol
    Completely agreed. That's why it's so frustrating that the current Peter Parker "architect" has kept him so isolated and at arm's length from Miles. He's had ample time to have done so multiple times over by now; coulda even woven some Miles subplots in. Instead, he seems to have waited for an editorial mandation, over two years into his run.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 09-07-2020 at 07:21 PM.

New PS6 showcase this Wednesday hopefully we'll get some gameplay
    https://blog.playstation.com/2020/09...-september-16/

Ya'll wanted ASM to have an even BIGGER regular cast with MORE wheel-spinning subplots?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Ya'll wanted ASM to have an even BIGGER regular cast with MORE wheel-spinning subplots?

No? Interactions don't demand entire story arcs. Heck the Order of the Web thing right now didn't even need to happen, Peter's brief punch up and sit down with Miles was plenty for me, and that was only a few pages.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Completely agreed. That's why it's so frustrating that the current Peter Parker "architect" has kept him so isolated and at arm's length from Miles. He's had ample time to have done so multiple times over by now; coulda even woven some Miles subplots in. Instead, he seems to have waited for an editorial mandation, over two years into his run.
    Marvel as a whole seems to think it's too risky to have Peter and Miles interact much. Honestly, their reasons aren't entirely unfounded. Showing a Miles-and-Peter dynamic where Peter comes off as too much of a mentor may or may not reinforce the 'White Savior' trope. It's something that can happen with any older white character and younger black character, but it's twice as risky in the context of Spider-Man since Peter was the first independent teen hero and had to figure everything out on his own. I'm not saying it can't be done but it would require additional planning on Spencer's part (or on the part of any other writer).
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 09-13-2020 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Marvel as a whole seems to think it's too risky to have Peter and Miles interact much. Honestly, their reasons aren't entirely unfounded. Showing a Miles-and-Peter dynamic where Peter comes off as too much of a mentor may or may not reinforce the 'White Savior' trope. It's something that can happen with any older white character and younger black character, but it's twice as risky in the context of Spider-Man since Peter was the first independent teen hero and had to figure everything out on his own. I'm not saying it can't be done but it would require additional planning on Spencer's part (or on the part of any other writer).
    I doubt that's the case. I just don't think Miles is a priority for Spencer at all because he's more focused on stuff relevant to Peter.

If they were concerned about a "white savior" dynamic they wouldn't allow for the situations like in the cartoons where Miles usually ends up as just a sidekick.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Interesting points there. I'll admit I never really thought of it that way, but I can see that logic.

I doubt that's the case. I just don't think Miles is a priority for Spencer at all because he's more focused on stuff relevant to Peter.

If they were concerned about a "white savior" dynamic they wouldn't allow for the situations like in the cartoons where Miles usually ends up as just a sidekick.
    Hmm, good point(s) as well.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

The cartoon is under a different division and also most of its viewers are of a very young age. The comics, movies and video games arguably have a somewhat larger and more adult audience.

For example, Marvel got under fire recently for removing the BLM logo from a Miles Morales comic. The Disney cartoons get less attention than that.

The cartoon is under a different division and also most of its viewers are of a very young age. The comics, movies and video games arguably have a somewhat larger and more adult audience.

For example, Marvel got under fire recently for removing the BLM logo from a Miles Morales comic
    . The Disney cartoons get less attention than that.
    Really? I didn't know about that.