Page 52 of 85 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Bendis is the only one who seemed to want to give Miles a new name. Had he continued to write him it may or may not have happened.

I think that ship has sailed since ITSV, though.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 09-26-2020 at 07:01 AM.

I could see them working in a new name as Miles gets older. It could be a sign of maturity.

Here's an interesting article where a Marvel editor confirms that they almost did consider changing Miles Super-Hero name but thankfully nothing actually came from the discussion around it. This would also explain why Bendis was hinting at a name change for Miles at the end of his time with Marvel. Whether the idea was originally his or the Marvel editorial team is up for debate. But I would love to see the Shadow Spider costume show up in Mile's game.

Also I managed to grab this Peach Momoko store exclusive variant for Champions #1. If anybody is interested you can get it here.

Last edited by Grimm911; 09-26-2020 at 12:54 PM.

I wonder if Marvel's marketing department pushed for it.

Marvel's genius editors: Hey, lets give Miles a new name that is less meaningful than "Spider-Man" after he had a movie, several comic runs, and a game dedicated to being Spider-Man because it would be puzzling in...uh..um some stories also lets put him back in the Ultimate Universe and make him Ult-Peter's side kick. BOOM! He is own Spider-Man like the BeYourself hashtag"

616 Peter Parker's reaction: "Good riddance! THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE SPIDER-MAN!1!1"

Seriously though, how's Ghost-Spider working out for Gwen? Didn't that comic get cancelled because of that one name, along with uneventful writing as well? Oh man lol.
    (btw is Miles still referred to as Spy-D in the animated series?)
    "I swear to god, if I get banned..."

Quote Originally Posted by AtheistInRed View Post
    Marvel's genius editors: Hey, lets give Miles a new name that is less meaningful than "Spider-Man" after he had a movie, several comic runs, and a game dedicated to being Spider-Man because it would be puzzling in...uh..um some stories also lets put him back in the Ultimate Universe and make him Ult-Peter's side kick. BOOM! He is own Spider-Man like the BeYourself hashtag"

616 Peter Parker's reaction: "Good riddance! THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE SPIDER-MAN!1!1"

Seriously though, how's Ghost-Spider working out for Gwen? Didn't that comic get cancelled because of that one name, along with uneventful writing as well? Oh man lol.
    (btw is Miles still referred to as Spy-D in the animated series?)
    Gwen's sales weren't hot by the time the Latour/Rodriguez run ended. I'm not sure if the name change had much of an impact on subsequent volumes.

Miles has no codename in the cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, It's better than having Spy-D as a code name. Haha I would have been heated if that was the case although I never watched it.
    "I swear to god, if I get banned..."

Quote Originally Posted by AtheistInRed View Post
    Well, It's better than having Spy-D as a code name. Haha I would have been heated if that was the case although I never watched it.
    I can't tell if it's better or worse than "Kid-Arachnid."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Gwen's sales weren't hot by the time the Latour/Rodriguez run ended. I'm not sure if the name change had much of an impact on subsequent volumes.

It didn't. Maguire's run was cancelled for low sales, after 20 issues and a renumbering/rebranding half way through that run.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

So...the Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon did something interesting with Jefferson...

spoilers:
    They made him Swarm. And it's partially Miles' fault.
    end of spoilers

That's certainly a decision, I guess.

They really put themselves into a corner when introducing Prowler and not making him Aaron Davis, but Hobbie.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    They really put themselves into a corner when introducing Prowler and not making him Aaron Davis, but Hobbie.
    I mean, it makes sense to introduce Hobie in a Peter cartoon, but if they were more invested in Miles than they were they should've probably used Aaron and give Miles something to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    I really have to wonder what kind of planning goes into that show. I don't watch it anymore but, I see some of the decisions they make and wonder what would inspire them.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I really have to wonder what kind of planning goes into that show. I don't watch it anymore but, I see some of the decisions they make and wonder what would inspire them.
    Maybe it's just season to season? Half the time Miles is only there out of obligation