Page 80 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3070767778798081828384 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1267

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    spoilers:
    now that Aaron is gone, i guess i can ask, didn't anyone felt like his return to begin with should have been more i don't know, triumphant? Bombastic? Bendis runs and Aaron visits his nephew's bedside just to say "I CAN be better" then takes his leave, exiting Miles' life again. Who knows when or where we'll next see him.......then an arc or 2 later Miles just waltz up to his door step(Aaron still living in New York no less) and boom, he's back in Miles' life once again no problem.

Okay, well, whats Aaron been doing during that downtime, surely he must have been keeping himself busy. Was he using his criminal skills to server a greater purpose? Being a robin hood type character? Making up for his past wrongdoings by his actions in the present? Whats that, he's just, chilling at his house and he legit sold his Iron Spider suit until he is inserted back into Miles life? K.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    This was one of my major problems with the run. I couldn't buy Aaron's redemption. It comes so easily with little to no work towards (even when he was a villain Aaron would have saved Miles) and with no resistance from the people who have the most reason to be skeptical of Aaron's change, it just comes across as weak.
    end of spoilers

Niffleheim

I guess we are not getting the answer on why Ultimatum wants to send Miles and Family to 1610. What was the point of all that build up?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Saladin dropped a single panel preview of that upcoming issue.

You know, see this makes me feel bad for Sam. Wasn't he supposed to be their other best (superhero) friend? lol
    He was, and technically still is.

But... No justice for Sam Alexander right now.

Well, Sam got a good moment in this weeks Champions, so it's not all doom and gloom for him .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    In all fairness Sam may be in another panel with Miles and Kamala for the page of the issue. If he's not then that is a missed opportunity. But in all honesty it's easier for Kamala and Miles to hang out together since they live the closest to one another. True Sam can be in New York or New Jersey in the span of a few minutes from Arizona. But he's got a lot to deal with at home as well.

This is why I hope there's a new Nova solo comic coming soon. It will be easier to show Sam hanging out with Miles and Kamala more while offering deeper character development for him outside of just the Champions.

Also my bet is this is a flashback page from Miles' memories he has of Kamala, probably while fighting her while she's possessed. Makes sense that his time with her would be the focus then.

Side note...how would you feel if it was Saladin to take on Sam's book?
    While that is the logical explanation, I do hold a sense of resentment on how it functions as a cudgel for not giving Sam any focus within the dynamic. And this is flipping comics, where you don't need a reason or excuse to constantly teamup or hangout. So this being used as a reason/excuse to do the opposite ends up become aggravating. Especially since Sam's ability to zoom to their location in a moment's notice just makes it more obvious when he isn't taking advantage of that,

On the idea of Saladin Ahmed writing a Sam Alexander/Nova solo, I'm not sure. It'd have been cool if he did so around the same times as Ms. Marvel and Spider-Man. If nothing else, he'd have had to and had more an incentive to use and incorporate Sam more, let alone acknowledge that Nova is supposed to be part of the Trinity, and that it is a Trinity. How good he'd be in cultivating stories for Sam and his sphere, though? Not sure. Him making an effort to use Sam in either book would have been a nice way to see how he'd handle writing Sam/Nova in a trial fashion, but since he never did, it's kind of hard to speculate. Would Ahmed make use of Sam's surprisingly large but scattered supporting cast he has developed over his various solos and writers? His mom, sister, and maternal family? What of Sam's dad? How would he handle that can of tragic worms? Would he give Sam happiness or milk the worms drier?
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 12-03-2020 at 03:13 PM.

Astonishing Member

Honestly Jim Zub would actually be my first pick for a Sam ongoing. TBH his Champions run kind of felt like a backdoor pitch for a new Sam!Nova book.
    This would be cool, actually. I know he's a slow-burn kind of guy, but his slow burns are always in the vein of sweeping long-form epics. I'd love him to take a go at a solo Sam!Nova book. And we know and can trust he respects continuity and the Spider-Man/Nova/Ms. Marvel Trinity being a Trinity. He'd be a good fit!
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 12-03-2020 at 03:14 PM.

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    While this feels more "Put on the Bus" then anything, Aaron getting benched is kinda frustrating for me, because I really enjoy having him as Miles' supporting cast, and low-key older-sidekick and resource. I get the feeling I'm one of the only ones who digs Aaron being where he's been in Miles' inner circle these past couple of arcs, and feel that the value of Aaron's proximity to Miles outweighs much else that would complicate that.

Also, put me in the small camp who actually liked Ultimatum as a Miles villain and want to see him appear again down the line.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I guess we are not getting the answer on why Ultimatum wants to send Miles and Family to 1610. What was the point of all that build up?
    Not right now, at least. I'd say it's too reactionary to assume we won't get more of Ultimatum and his story.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, Sam got a good moment in this weeks Champions, so it's not all doom and gloom for him .
    Small blessings.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    spoilers:
    While this feels more "Put on the Bus" then anything, Aaron getting benched is kinda frustrating for me, because I really enjoy having him as Miles' supporting cast, and low-key older-sidekick and resource. I get the feeling I'm one of the only ones who digs Aaron being where he's been in Miles' inner circle these past couple of arcs, and feel that the value of Aaron's proximity to Miles outweighs much else that would complicate that.

Also, put me in the small camp who actually liked Ultimatum as a Miles villain and want to see him appear again down the line.
    end of spoilers
    I'm actually with you on that.

spoilers:
    I like what Ahmed was doing with Aaron for the most part. I do think this arc as a whole does reinforce my belief that Marvel really should've just created a new origin for Miles entirely after Secret Wars though.
    end of spoilers
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

I don't how many of you collect action figures and the like, I just started myself a few months back, but a new Miles figure is up for preorder. I already have two of the ITSV Marvel Legends Miles' coming to me but I hear that Sentinel makes decent figures as well.

https://mobile.twitter.com/wario64/s...96377075683328
    Last edited by ZeonsSilverStar; 12-03-2020 at 06:30 PM.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    I don't how many collect action figures and the like, I just started myself a few months back, but a new Miles figure is up for preorder. I already have two of the ITSV Marvel Legends Miles' coming to me but I hear that Sentinel makes decent figures as well.

https://mobile.twitter.com/wario64/s...96377075683328
    I collect the large (1:6 scale or roughly 12 inches high) Titan Heroes figures (I currently have 50 overall from across Comic Books, Power Rangers, and Star Wars including three versions of Miles) so I can relate. Dr. Doom and Reverse Flash (because they are so rare and out of production) each set me back a couple of hundred bucks.
    Last edited by Celgress; 12-03-2020 at 06:11 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Hey, whether you guys like or dislike Ultimatum, Miles finally has a notable rogue. And that makes me so sooo happy. Heck I'd still be happy if he was his only rogue.
    "I swear to god, if I get banned..."

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtheistInRed View Post
    Hey, whether you guys like or dislike Ultimatum, Miles finally has a notable rogue. And that makes me so sooo happy. Heck I'd still be happy if he was his only rogue.
    I'm expecting Saladin to do more with Accessor and Quantum as well.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

I'm expecting Saladin to do more with Accessor and Quantum as well.
    I'd prefer that to Ultimatum coming back.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd prefer that to Ultimatum coming back.
    Yes, you've implied and stated your disdain for the character multiple times.