Page 34 of 85 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    That would be nice send-off make him get his final battle with all his villains and make it where he is satisfied leaving Miles as the sole Spider-man but I dont trust comic fans to accept that they get piss at everything and I rarely see them accept change. Doubt Marvel has the courage to even try as well
    I wonder about that. I did not see hate for Spider-Man Life Story, and Peter dies (in fact it was considered by many one of the best Spider-Man stories ever ( t was more critical of it then most)). The keys for Marvel/Disney are not the hard core fan base, it is the casual and future fans).Here are my questions. 1: Can Miles bring in more money with films, toys, video games and comic book sales then Peter? 2: Can you create better stories with Miles then Peter? I have long felt the single biggest problem in the creative community is a lack of original ideas. This is summed up best by Vin Dessel. Watch any movie of his: The Last Witch Hunter, Riddick, Fast and the Furious and even The Pacifier and you see the same character every single time. When do good and unpredictable Peter stories end? We are approaching ASM 850 which means ASM 1,000 is not far behind. Maybe if Marvel/Disney decides to make that switch, that could be the ending issue? What would I like? Seeing MJ pregnant with a little girl ( Mayday?) and Norman Osborn receiving a final ass kicking where he is finished for good.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 07-09-2020 at 05:50 AM.

Astonishing Member

Replacing MCU Peter with Miles wouldn't feel original because MCU Peter is already Miles in many ways. This is actually one of my biggest gripes with MCU Spider-Man: By appropriating so much from Miles, the MCU made it harder to eventually do Miles. It also makes MCU Spider-Man the least inclusive Spider-Man of all the versions.

As for 616 Peter, I doubt he is going away anytime soon. He is Marvel's most timeless character. I think the story of Clark Kent, Bruce Wayne, and Peter Parker will always be revelant and exist in some form.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 07-09-2020 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I wonder about that. I did not see hate for Spider-Man Life Story, and Peter dies (in fact it was considered by many one of the best Spider-Man stories ever ( t was more critical of it then most)). The keys for Marvel/Disney are not the hard core fan base, it is the casual and future fans).Here are my questions. 1: Can Miles bring in more money with films, toys, video games and comic book sales then Peter? 2: Can you create better stories with Miles then Peter? I have long felt the single biggest problem in the creative community is a lack of original ideas. This is summed up best by Vin Dessel. Watch any movie of his: The Last Witch Hunter, Riddick, Fast and the Furious and even The Pacifier and you see the same character every single time. When do good and unpredictable Peter stories end? We are approaching ASM 850 which means ASM 1,000 is not far behind. Maybe if Marvel/Disney decides to make that switch, that could be the ending issue? What would I like? Seeing MJ pregnant with a little girl ( Mayday?) and Norman Osborn receiving a final ass kicking where he is finished for good.
    Life Story was an Elseworlds with a definitive ending. It's a different beast then mainstream comics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Replacing MCU Peter with Miles wouldn't feel original because MCU Peter is already Miles in many ways. This is actually one of my biggest gripes with MCU Spider-Man: By appropriating so much from Miles, the MCU made it harder to eventually do Miles. It also makes MCU Spider-Man the least inclusive Spider-Man of all the versions.
    Yeah, right down to giving MCU Peter Ganke.

Check out the box art for the game

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post

Nice parallel with the original's cover art .

I'm trying to notice any design changes. I guess there's some armor bits? And a belt?

That box art looks flames!
    "I swear to god, if I get banned..."

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Neat.
    Now I want an AU where Miles becomes Iron Fist

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Nice parallel with the original's cover art .

I'm trying to notice any design changes. I guess there's some armor bits? And a belt?
    Nice parallel indeed.

yeah, I think that is pretty much it.
    "I swear to god, if I get banned..."

We're going to be getting a graphic novel come Spring of 2021 by Justin A Reynolds

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-young-readers

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

We're going to be getting a graphic novel come Spring of 2021 by Justin A Reynolds

Sounds awesome. I still have to read his Miles Morales novel, though.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Life Story was an Elseworlds with a definitive ending. It's a different beast then mainstream comics.

Yeah, right down to giving MCU Peter Ganke.
    I agree Elseworlds is different then Amazing, but the point is that ending was accepted because it was well done ( unlike say Spider-Man Year One). So although I doubt Marvel would have the guts to have Miles take over, it is an interesting thought ( especially with ASM 1.000 not in the too far future)

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Sounds awesome. I still have to read his Miles Morales novel, though.
    Different author. The one who wrote the YA Novel was Jason Reyolds.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

It looks like they're going for a more cutesy Spider-Verse vibe with the art style. Neat .

Also kind of cool that they're emphasizing Miles' hispanic heritage for once. I wonder if we'll see his grandma...
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I agree Elseworlds is different then Amazing, but the point is that ending was accepted because it was well done ( unlike say Spider-Man Year One). So although I doubt Marvel would have the guts to have Miles take over, it is an interesting thought ( especially with ASM 1.000 not in the too far future)
    But I think there's a different expectation with an Elseworlds then there would be with a mainstream comic.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Different author. The one who wrote the YA Novel was Jason Reyolds.
    Thanks for the correction.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Neat.
    Now I want an AU where Miles becomes Iron Fist
    It seems you aren't the only one with that thought