Page 73 of 85 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1267
  1. #1081
    Amazing Member Cornbread11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by superheat View Post
    I hope Miles gets back with Gwen in the comic before the next spider-verse film because if not everyone will cry saying miles in the comics is only with Gwen in the comic because the film. I love Miles and Gwen in the film together WAY more because they have better chemistry, but Miles and Gwen in the comic have chemistry too.
    Idk we just have to wait and see what they do, I’m don’t mind them in the comics but it needs to be written well. I love them and their chemistry in itsv and can’t wait to see it grow more in the sequel

  2. #1082
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    25,061

    Default

    Oh man...

    MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #23
    SALADIN AHMED (W) • CARMEN CARNERO (A)
    Cover by TAURIN CLARKE
    VARIANT COVER BY DAVID FINCH
    BLACK HISTORY MONTH VARIANT COVER BY ERNANDA SOUZA
    There are symbiote dragons in Brooklyn, but that’s not the worst thing Miles has to face today…
    Knull has taken one of his best friends and is using them to go after the Spider-Man he met back in ABSOLUTE CARNAGE!
    Will Miles sacrifice his friend to save himself?
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

    Is that friend Ms. Marvel?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  3. #1083
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    60,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Oh man...

    MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #23
    SALADIN AHMED (W) • CARMEN CARNERO (A)
    Cover by TAURIN CLARKE
    VARIANT COVER BY DAVID FINCH
    BLACK HISTORY MONTH VARIANT COVER BY ERNANDA SOUZA
    There are symbiote dragons in Brooklyn, but that’s not the worst thing Miles has to face today…
    Knull has taken one of his best friends and is using them to go after the Spider-Man he met back in ABSOLUTE CARNAGE!
    Will Miles sacrifice his friend to save himself?
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

    Is that friend Ms. Marvel?
    Gold bangle...giant hand...I guess it could be?

    Ahmed writing a mini-crossover between his books (although I think he's done with Ms. Marvel by then).

  4. #1084
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,736

    Default

    Looks like Ms Marvel
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

  5. #1085
    Incredible Member Grimm911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Oh man...

    MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #23
    SALADIN AHMED (W) ē CARMEN CARNERO (A)
    Cover by TAURIN CLARKE
    VARIANT COVER BY DAVID FINCH
    BLACK HISTORY MONTH VARIANT COVER BY ERNANDA SOUZA
    There are symbiote dragons in Brooklyn, but thatís not the worst thing Miles has to face todayÖ
    Knull has taken one of his best friends and is using them to go after the Spider-Man he met back in ABSOLUTE CARNAGE!
    Will Miles sacrifice his friend to save himself?
    32 PGS./Rated T Ö$3.99

    Is that friend Ms. Marvel?
    More than likely it's Ms. Marvel, only nitpick I have with the cover is that her gold bangle is supposed to be on her left arm and the cover shows it on her right. Not important or anything, just something I noticed. Maybe just "mirror" the image before the issue goes to print to fix that.

    Also I've been following the new cover artist they got for the series and this guy's work is pure fire! Best way I can explain his style is a hybrid of Mark Brooks and Alex Ross.
    Last edited by Grimm911; 11-19-2020 at 10:48 AM.

  6. #1086
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    272

    Default

    Wonder if Miles being able to gain control of symbiotes will be brought up, that absolute carnage tie in STILL bums me out.

  7. #1087
    Mighty Member Dragonick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,682

    Default

    I hope we get something, if no one else will I hope the one who wrote it will. It still blows my mind that the entire mini was completely inconsequential.

  8. #1088
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    Wonder if Miles being able to gain control of symbiotes will be brought up, that absolute carnage tie in STILL bums me out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I hope we get something, if no one else will I hope the one who wrote it will. It still blows my mind that the entire mini was completely inconsequential.
    Apparently Cates went forward with the main story without knowing what Saladin was going to do in the tie-in......which like why have tie-ins in the first place if they're not actually going to coordinate with the main story?

    I have to put the blame on Nick Lowe more than either writer though. The onus is on the Editor to make sure all the books are tying in and if there was miscommunication on the direction the story was going to go, he should've addressed it.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

  9. #1089
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Gold bangle...giant hand...I guess it could be?

    Ahmed writing a mini-crossover between his books (although I think he's done with Ms. Marvel by then).
    Not really-he did not say her name.

    I guess folks forget about that non-binary kid we saw before the Pandemic. Could that be them? Who was into fashion design.

    Whose to say that symbiote can't make a huge fist?

  10. #1090
    Spectacular Member JTHM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Apparently Cates went forward with the main story without knowing what Saladin was going to do in the tie-in......which like why have tie-ins in the first place if they're not actually going to coordinate with the main story?

    I have to put the blame on Nick Lowe more than either writer though. The onus is on the Editor to make sure all the books are tying in and if there was miscommunication on the direction the story was going to go, he should've addressed it.
    Yeah. The big problem with Absolute Carnage is that it was originally supposed to be an arc contained within the Venom book, and got progressively upscaled as sales went. (It even got an additional issue) so I can't really blame Cates entirely, even if he is still not the best when it comes to continuity.

    Regardless. I wonder if they will use the Knullified look for Ms. Marvel in this issue?

  11. #1091
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    60,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Whose to say that symbiote can't make a huge fist?
    I mean, usually they look kind of Symbiote-y...

  12. #1092
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    25,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Apparently Cates went forward with the main story without knowing what Saladin was going to do in the tie-in......which like why have tie-ins in the first place if they're not actually going to coordinate with the main story?

    I have to put the blame on Nick Lowe more than either writer though. The onus is on the Editor to make sure all the books are tying in and if there was miscommunication on the direction the story was going to go, he should've addressed it.
    The writers aren't communicating at all - they're contradicting each other about the status of Earth-1610 as well.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  13. #1093
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Not really-he did not say her name.

    I guess folks forget about that non-binary kid we saw before the Pandemic. Could that be them? Who was into fashion design.

    Whose to say that symbiote can't make a huge fist?
    I would not call a kid Miles met ONCE one of his Best Friends, especially if the other name in the hat is Kamala, sure I don't need to explain why.

  14. #1094
    Mighty Member Jman27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The writers aren't communicating at all - they're contradicting each other about the status of Earth-1610 as well.
    yup I dont know why they struggle to keep up with continuity. Someone should suggest team meetings
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

    "I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

  15. #1095
    Incredible Member Grimm911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    990

    Default

    The cover artist released some concept covers he did for issue #23 on his Instagram

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •