Page 79 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2969757677787980818283 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1267

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I'm not as familiar with his comics, but at least the Netflix version showed disgust towards racism. I remember he was infuriated when his son used a racial slur in one of the flashbacks.
    There's a comic from 1991 in which Frank is temporarily turned into a black guy (yes, we were still doing those types of stories in the 90s). He gets accosted by racists and states that he never liked racists even when he was white.

so the arc ended. Kinda lame how Ultimanum lost really. Nothing was answered regarding the ultimate universe
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Poor Miles...
    spoilers:
    Prowler is gone, and Miles doesn't know if Aaron is alive in 1610, or dead.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I mean, I doubt in general Marvel would be willing to commit to making Punisher a hard stand-in for Police Brutality when they've done their best to distance the correlation between the two.
    I'm not that interested in Miles meeting Frank. I'm especially not interested in Frank being a stand-in for "maniacs with guns", either. There are plenty of other characters for that.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    so the arc ended. Kinda lame how Ultimanum lost really. Nothing was answered regarding the ultimate universe
    Glad I’m not the only one who felt the same way, I felt like they had been building us up to this moment where we’d get some revelations for miles about him remember being from 1610 but the whole issue kinda went out on a meh

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'm not that interested in Miles meeting Frank. I'm especially not interested in Frank being a stand-in for "maniacs with guns", either. There are plenty of other characters for that.
    Miles needs more antagonists that push his limits

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I feel like I'm beating a dead horse by syaing this but I have to throw it out there the Ultimate Universe, as a comicbook line, is not coming back. People keep holding onto this pipe dream that it's going to get some type of revival with Miles and his support cast getting shipped back. That ain't happening. At best you're going to see stuff like we've seen with Miguel and the 2099 verse where everyone blue moon a storyline will draw elements from it (like this arc of Ahmed's book and what Donny Cates has been doing.) But some full on rebirth. Naw.

It's the same reason we never get a slew of 2099 books, or MC2 Books, or why Marvel was so quick to find an excuse to write Spider-Gwen out of her own Universe.

This arc itself did feel like it ended anticlimatic. Felt more like an excuse to spoilers:
    take Aaron off the board for the foreseeible future
    end of spoilers rather than actually give definitve closure people were hoping for for the Ultimate Universe. I think because I never really had any expectations for the UU I'm not as disappointed. lol I am hoping the Goblin, or at least the OZ formula will be sticking around in the 616.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

I feel like I'm beating a dead horse by syaing this but I have to throw it out there the Ultimate Universe, as a comicbook line, is not coming back. People keep holding onto this pipe dream that it's going to get some type of revival with Miles and his support cast getting shipped back. That ain't happening. At best you're going to see stuff like we've seen with Miguel and the 2099 verse where everyone blue moon a storyline will draw elements from it (like this arc of Ahmed's book and what Donny Cates has been doing.) But some full on rebirth. Naw.
    And even if they did bring back the Ultimate Universe, Bendis set it up that Ultimate Peter is the Spider-Man of that universe again so we probably wouldn't see Miles involved at all.

I think with the end of this arc I can safely say Ultimatum was not worth bringing back for what he brought to the table which honestly just amounted to more questions that didn't get answered. We don't know why he was so obsessed with sending them back instead of just killing them, we don't know if Goblin really was Norman, we don't know how Ultimatum managed to steal all that Avengers gear, and probably worst of all Miles memories of 1610 are even more nebulous than before. For how it ended I feel like all the buildup wasn't really needed, this could have been a much shorter storyline. spoilers:
    Aaron's sacrifice also fell pretty flat for me since it was so sudden and probably didn't need to happen all things considered. I mean Goblin wasn't all that tough and I doubt Ultimatum really could have held out long. The line at the end was really over doing it, let Miles be sad about what happened but lets not act like Aaron was even mildly important to Miles' work as a hero. Also when he eventually ends up back in 616 can he be wearing the suit from the game, it's much better than what they have him in now.
    end of spoilers

It's the same reason we never get a slew of 2099 books, or MC2 Books, or why Marvel was so quick to find an excuse to write Spider-Gwen out of her own Universe.

This arc itself did feel like it ended anticlimatic. Felt more like an excuse to spoilers:
    take Aaron off the board for the foreseeible future
    end of spoilers rather than actually give definitve closure people were hoping for for the Ultimate Universe. I think because I never really had any expectations for the UU I'm not as disappointed. lol I am hoping the Goblin, or at least the OZ formula will be sticking around in the 616.
    No way Miles is ever going back, his star power is far too high, sending him off to some side universe would only hurt him. Not to mention by next year he'll have been in 616 ust as long as he was in 1610 so that makes it even more of a moot point. And like you said they were quick to find a way to bring Gwen over because they know keeping a popular character in some AU holding pin isn't a great idea. spoilers:
    Maybe this could tie into the whole thing with Maker ending up back in 1610, that could be pretty fun. And I think he could be a good villain for Miles, he'd at least make more sense than Eddie
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I think with the end of this arc I can safely say Ultimatum was not worth bringing back for what he brought to the table which honestly just amounted to more questions that didn't get answered. We don't know why he was so obsessed with sending them back instead of just killing them, we don't know if Goblin really was Norman, we don't know how Ultimatum managed to steal all that Avengers gear, and probably worst of all Miles memories of 1610 are even more nebulous than before. For how it ended I feel like all the buildup wasn't really needed, this could have been a much shorter storyline. spoilers:
    Aaron's sacrifice also fell pretty flat for me since it was so sudden and probably didn't need to happen all things considered. I mean Goblin wasn't all that tough and I doubt Ultimatum really could have held out long. The line at the end was really over doing it, let Miles be sad about what happened but lets not act like Aaron was even mildly important to Miles' work as a hero. Also when he eventually ends up back in 616 can he be wearing the suit from the game, it's much better than what they have him in now.
    end of spoilers

No way Miles is ever going back, his star power is far too high, sending him off to some side universe would only hurt him. Not to mention by next year he'll have been in 616 ust as long as he was in 1610 so that makes it even more of a moot point. And like you said they were quick to find a way to bring Gwen over because they know keeping a popular character in some AU holding pin isn't a great idea. spoilers:
    Maybe this could tie into the whole thing with Maker ending up back in 1610, that could be pretty fun. And I think he could be a good villain for Miles, he'd at least make more sense than Eddie
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'm still surprised the editors and writers still haven't had, Miles and The Maker formerly meet in the 616, considering they had to team up before in that Cataclysm event back in the Ultimate Universe. I do think he would make an amazing addition to Miles Rogue Gallery if Marvel still wants to give Miles some sort of connection to the UU.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    spoilers:
    I'm still surprised the editors and writers still haven't had, Miles and The Maker formerly meet in the 616, considering they had to team up before in that Cataclysm event back in the Ultimate Universe. I do think he would make an amazing addition to Miles Rogue Gallery if Marvel still wants to give Miles some sort of connection to the UU.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It would be great, he powerful, threatening, and like you said gives us the UU connection. It wouldn't even be hard considering he showed he was watching him over in Venom, ust use the UU connection or even even have him interested in the Oz formula considering it can gift immortality
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

spoilers:
    now that Aaron is gone, i guess i can ask, didn't anyone felt like his return to begin with should have been more i don't know, triumphant? Bombastic? Bendis runs and Aaron visits his nephew's bedside just to say "I CAN be better" then takes his leave, exiting Miles' life again. Who knows when or where we'll next see him.......then an arc or 2 later Miles just waltz up to his door step(Aaron still living in New York no less) and boom, he's back in Miles' life once again no problem.

Okay, well, whats Aaron been doing during that downtime, surely he must have been keeping himself busy. Was he using his criminal skills to server a greater purpose? Being a robin hood type character? Making up for his past wrongdoings by his actions in the present? Whats that, he's just, chilling at his house and he legit sold his Iron Spider suit until he is inserted back into Miles life? K.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I felt that way from the start, his exit seemed like he was gonna do some soul searching for self improvement. Then suddenly everything's fine like he didn't try to pull off a heist that almost ended with his nephew dead. Personally I think it should have been at least a year before he was even introduced again.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

spoilers:
    Oh and i kinda hope Kingpin wants to pick a bone with Miles when he finds out his best bud is gone again. I'd find it really weird if Wilson doesn't factor into Miles story at all after this. "BUT HE IS NOT AN ORIGINAL VILLIAN AND MILES NEED MORE-" don't care, shut up."
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    spoilers:
    Oh and i kinda hope Kingpin wants to pick a bone with Miles when he finds out his best bud is gone again. I'd find it really weird if Wilson doesn't factor into Miles story at all after this. "BUT HE IS NOT AN ORIGINAL VILLIAN AND MILES NEED MORE-" don't care, shut up."
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Even the game felt the need to include Kingpin, I guess because...Spider-Verse?
    end of spoilers