Page 27 of 85 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    If I had to guess, Peter probably got injured and is out of commission for most of this game. Which would explain why the storyline is about Miles stepping up.
    The Spider-Geddon written by Chris Gage (who was on the writing team of the first game) had the Spider-Man PS4 version participate in that Spider-Verse event and he appointed Miles Morales to step up while he's away in the Spider-Verse.

So maybe this could be that, if they want to do synergy. Alternatively they could say Peter's doing some Avengers stuff (since they are established in the shared universe).

I think Peter Parker will be in this game though in some capacity, though.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I'd like to see Mr. Negative and Uncle Aaron as the dual Big Bads here. Give closure to the sidepoint of Mr. Negative being responsible for Jefferson's death and set up Aaron as the Prowler in the Playstation Universe.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    The Spider-Geddon written by Chris Gage (who was on the writing team of the first game) had the Spider-Man PS4 version participate in that Spider-Verse event and he appointed Miles Morales to step up while he's away in the Spider-Verse.

So maybe this could be that, if they want to do synergy. Alternatively they could say Peter's doing some Avengers stuff (since they are established in the shared universe).

I think Peter Parker will be in this game though in some capacity, though.
    The only Spidergeddon nod I expect is if Peter alludes to where he got the idea for Miles' suit (assuming he's the one who makes it).
    I'd like to see Mr. Negative and Uncle Aaron as the dual Big Bads here. Give closure to the sidepoint of Mr. Negative being responsible for Jefferson's death and set up Aaron as the Prowler in the Playstation Universe.
    I was wondering how they'd work Aaron into a Peter game, but now that Miles is getting his own I think they will definitely work him in.

BANNED

Oh, I absolutely think Aaron Davis/Prowler will be in this game.

Also, what's the Over/Under on Gwen Stacy being a classmate of Miles'? They made no reference to her in the PS4 game, with MJ and Harry being Peter's childhood friends, and MJ his seemingly only girlfriend (outside of his fling with Felicia).

Man, I said I wasn't going to buy a PS5 until a price drop, but man this is awesome.

I honestly can't tell who these villains could be working for. That last guy near the end of the trailer had armor that looked like Ultimatums, but that was probably because of the red coloring.

BANNED

Also, what's the Over/Under on Gwen Stacy being a classmate of Miles'? They made no reference to her in the PS4 game, with MJ and Harry being Peter's childhood friends, and MJ his seemingly only girlfriend (outside of his fling with Felicia).
    It's possible, yeah.

I think there will be a lot of ITSV allusions in the game.

Miles mentioned a girl while talking with Peter. I assume it's probably going to be Gwen.

I expect they'll depict her like a Barbara Gordon-type. I wonder if we'll see Captain Stacy or Captain Quaid in this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    Man, I said I wasn't going to buy a PS5 until a price drop, but man this is awesome.

I honestly can't tell who these villains could be working for. That last guy near the end of the trailer had armor that looked like Ultimatums, but that was probably because of the red coloring.
    The gauntlet bad guys give me Shocker vibes.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

https://twitter.com/EvNarc/status/12...225879553?s=20
    **deep breath** y'all... I'm so proud to say that I've been working with the extremely talented folks at
    @insomniacgames
    on this game
    Evan Narcisse(Rise of Black Panther) worked on it with Insomniac. He does have an appreciation for Miles. I even thought he had a shot at being his new writer before Ahmed got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post

Evan Narcisse(Rise of Black Panther) worked on it with Insomniac. He does have an appreciation for Miles. I even thought he had a shot at being his new writer before Ahmed got it.
    I'd say whenever Saladin does end up leaving the book, he'd probably be a shoe-in for the next writer.

Since he's writing the game, would love to see him get to do a mini series for Miles in the comic at some point.

BANNED

Evan Narcisse before he wrote comics was a major critic of video games and comics.

He wrote detailed reviews and deep dives of games for kotaku (basically the Bleeding Cool for games).

So he was probably chosen for that as much as his experience writing comics.

He did good stuff with Rise of The Black Panther. I'm curious what kind of influence he'd bring to the table given he's never written Miles before (as far as I'm aware).
    I'd say whenever Saladin does end up leaving the book, he'd probably be a shoe-in for the next writer.

Since he's writing the game, would love to see him get to do a mini series for Miles in the comic at some point.
    Will this revive the Gameverse comics?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Awesome, and like has been said here already, it'd be cool, too, if he got to write a comic for Miles. Possibly an adaptation of this upcoming Spider-Man game?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

This is good news. I figured that Miles was going to be a playable character, but I didn't think he was going to be the MAIN character. I'm just hoping it's not some short side story. I'm looking forward to getting this game. I enjoyed the previous game and I'm expecting for this one be exciting as well.

I recently bought the Spider-Man Miles Morales HC omnibus:

I've been collecting Marvel Omnibuses as of recent.
    Last edited by Sodam Yat; 06-11-2020 at 09:51 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    This is good news. I figured that Miles was going to be a playable character, but I didn't think he was going to be the MAIN character. I'm just hoping it's not some short side story. I'm looking forward to getting this game. I enjoyed the previous game and I'm expecting for this one be exciting as well.

I recently bought the Spider-Man Miles Morales HC omnibus:

I've been collecting Marvel Omnibuses as of recent.
    I think it'll be about the same size as the previous main game but not as big as the next Peter Parker Spider-Man game will likely be.