Page 41 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 615 of 976
  1. #601
    Incredible Member Grimm911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    CRADLE agents? Why are they ambushing Rio, Jefferson and Billie like that? Miles isn't even with them!
    Those aren’t CRADLE agents (they don’t know Miles’ secret identity) those are Ultimatum’s ( aka evil adult earth-616 Miles Morales’) goons. Since he knows his counterparts identity he’s probably going to use our Miles’ family as leverage to whatever evil plan he has going on. Remember last we saw him he already managed to knock out and detain Uncle Aaron.

  2. #602
    Ultimate Member AtheistInRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    143

    Default

    New screenshot from SPIDER-MAN: MILES MORALES, Be Yourself LEEEEEEEEEEETTSSSS GGOOOOOOOO!!!!: https://twitter.com/EARTH_1610_616/s...733376/photo/1
    "I swear to god, if I get banned..."

  3. #603
    Ultimate Member AtheistInRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    143

    Default

    Image without the water mark

    EfTu1KCXYAA__g7.jpg
    "I swear to god, if I get banned..."

  4. #604
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    55,515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtheistInRed View Post
    Image without the water mark

    EfTu1KCXYAA__g7.jpg
    Suit is looking good .

  5. #605
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    234

    Default

    The Puddles are back lol

    The image comes from a EW interview which talks a bit about Miles Morales(and the upcoming Avengers game)

    https://ew.com/gaming/game-on-inside-marvel-games/

  6. #606
    Mighty Member Dragonick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,616

    Default

    A gameplay trailer has got to be coming soon right? It's been about two months at this point and the only new thing we've gotten is that single picture.

  7. #607
    Incredible Member Grimm911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    964

    Default

    Apparently Gamescom is going to happen in the next two weeks on the 27th. Wouldn't be surprised if Sony uses this as the last platform to show off gameplay for their PS5 exclusive the games (Miles' included) and finally reveal a price tag for the console itself. Hopeful that they reveal a Spider-Man: Miles Morales PS5 bundle pack at the end of the gameplay trailer.
    Last edited by Grimm911; 08-13-2020 at 04:40 PM.

  8. #608
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    That and I think, for better or worse, the only people who actually care are the minority of the militant "Peter should be the only Spider" crowd.
    Would those folks have an issue with Miguel? Despite being in 2099 he is Spider-Man.

    With as many spider folks running around-nobody should be in that crowd. Not with Jessica and Venom running around for many years before the rest showed up.

    Would folks like to switch places with other franchises that are still having issues with sharing names like Flash & Green Lantern?

    This franchise is not worried about folks being around like others are right now.

  9. #609
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    9,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Would those folks have an issue with Miguel? Despite being in 2099 he is Spider-Man.

    With as many spider folks running around-nobody should be in that crowd. Not with Jessica and Venom running around for many years before the rest showed up.

    Would folks like to switch places with other franchises that are still having issues with sharing names like Flash & Green Lantern?

    This franchise is not worried about folks being around like others are right now.
    In Miguel's case, he's (nearly) a century into the future, when everyone in this era will have been long dead, so he's not perceived as a "threat" to Peter Parker's standing as Spider-Man by those same fans who've been harping on Miles.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  10. #610
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    55,515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    In Miguel's case, he's (nearly) a century into the future, when everyone in this era will have been long dead, so he's not perceived as a "threat" to Peter Parker's standing as Spider-Man by those same fans who've been harping on Miles.
    Yeah, he's more like Superman-X and Mon-El in relation to the main Superman.

  11. #611
    Mighty Member Dragonick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Would those folks have an issue with Miguel? Despite being in 2099 he is Spider-Man.

    With as many spider folks running around-nobody should be in that crowd. Not with Jessica and Venom running around for many years before the rest showed up.

    Would folks like to switch places with other franchises that are still having issues with sharing names like Flash & Green Lantern?

    This franchise is not worried about folks being around like others are right now.
    They probably would considering if the situations were similar it would be Miles getting neglected or ignored.

  12. #612
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    389

    Default

    If Miles is a "threat" to Peter, he is no more of a threat than Kamala Khan is to Carol, Kate Bishop is to Clint, and Iron Lad/Ironheart are to Tony. All these originals are equal or less than equal to Peter in popularity and have yet to be replaced by their respective newcomer.

    Even without the issue of representation, Post-JMS seems like a natural place to introduce a second Spider-Man. JMS' run on Amazing argued that Peter's Spider-Man had become mythical like Anansi and that Peter was now a successfully married adult & mentor to students. Back when Grant Morrison was working on Batman, his argument for why he thought there could be more than one Batman was that Bruce had become mythical and that therefore you could have had a Bruce Batman co-exist with a Dick-and-Damian duo. Especially considering that the 2010's was a decade where the number of legacy characters exploded at both Marvel and DC, a second Spider-Man in hindsight might have never been the radical idea that everyone thought it was.

    And then there is ITSV, which showed how there can be more than one Spider-Man while still honoring Peter as the one who started it all (I'm talking about the Peter that dies at the beginning and not Peter B.).
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 08-18-2020 at 05:07 PM.

  13. #613
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    55,515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    If Miles is a "threat" to Peter, he is no more of a threat than Kamala Khan is to Carol, Kate Bishop is to Clint, and Iron Lad/Ironheart are to Tony. All these originals are equal or less than equal to Peter in popularity and have yet to be replaced by their respective newcomer.

    Even without the issue of representation, Post-JMS seems like a natural place to introduce a second Spider-Man. JMS' run on Amazing argued that Peter's Spider-Man had become mythical like Anansi and that Peter was now a successfully married adult & mentor to students. Back when Grant Morrison was working on Batman, his argument for why he thought there could be more than one Batman was that Bruce had become mythical and that therefore you could have had a Bruce Batman co-exist with a Dick-and-Damian duo. Especially considering that the 2010's was a decade where the number of legacy characters exploded at both Marvel and DC, a second Spider-Man in hindsight might have never been the radical idea that everyone thought it was.

    And then there is ITSV, which showed how there can be more than one Spider-Man while still honoring Peter as the one who started it all (I'm talking about the Peter that dies at the beginning and not Peter B.).
    I think the only actual equivalent in that instance is Kate Bishop because she's the only one who is actually using the same exact codename as their predecessor. That's not the case for Kamala and Riri.

    I don't feel like there really is a natural place to introduce a second Spider-Man, at least within Peter's narrative. Or if there was we would've probably ended up with a very different version of Miles then we have now, looking at how they handle him in adaptions where he's a supporting character to Peter.

  14. #614
    Mighty Member Dragonick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,616

    Default

    They're really just trickling in information on this game, this sounds like a really interesting game dynamic though. They've already released a commercial for the PS5, but it had no gameplay for any game at all. I'm no marketing expert, but I'd think a game would need a little more than tidbits of info dropped on the company blog.

  15. #615
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    24,078

    Default



    MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #20

    SALADIN AHMED (W), MARCELO FERREIRA (A)

    Cover by JAVIER GARRON

    Variant Cover by TAURIN CLARKE

    * The penultimate chapter in the ULTIMATUM SAGA!

    * Ultimatum's master plan is in motion and it's way bigger than you expect. Nearly everyone in Miles' orbit and beyond is affected and needs to get in on the battle.

    * And if this issue is the battle, next is the war!!!

    32 pages, $3.99.

    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-comics-so...november-2020/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •