Page 51 of 85 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    You know I always had this pitch in my head of Miles and the other Brooklyn residents having to protect their home in an ensuing gang war so it's interesting to see it played out here. Though I always imagined it being against Tombstone lol
    Tombstone would mess those civilians up though...

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Tomoe is definitely primarily an Iron rogue, therefore they might not be allowed to use her. Debuted in Iron Man fighting Tony and Rhodey. Fought Riri and Pepper on her next appearance. Then Miles. Bendis was just reusing one of his own creations when she fought Miles.

MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #21
    • SALADIN AHMED (W) • MARCELO FERREIRA (A) • Cover by JAVIER GARRÓN
    • KNULLIFIED VARIANT COVER BY InHyuk Lee
    • MARVEL’S SPIDER-MAN: MILES MORALES VARIANT COVER BY BRIAN HORTON
    • The climactic conclusion of THE ULTIMATUM SAGA!
    • Ultimatum’s master plan is in motion and it’s way bigger than you expect. Nearly everyone in Miles’ orbit and beyond is affected and needs to get in on the battle.
    • And if this issue is the battle, next is the war!!!
    • 32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    so who is that in green/purple? Is that Hobie Brown or Uncle Aaron? (or someone else?)
    -- so "Ultimatum" is '616 Miles' but how did he get his powers? what happened to him being back in the Ultimate Earth, and reuniting with that version of his wife?

are those energy rings coming from bombshell?

is Starling still in high school? what is her outlook? is she a thief? a street hero?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so who is that in green/purple? Is that Hobie Brown or Uncle Aaron? (or someone else?)
    -- so "Ultimatum" is '616 Miles' but how did he get his powers? what happened to him being back in the Ultimate Earth, and reuniting with that version of his wife?

are those energy rings coming from bombshell?

is Starling still in high school? what is her outlook? is she a thief? a street hero?
    Uncle Aaron

Eviles seemingly stole the equipment of The Ultimates from Earth-1610, the only explanation for his return is that things didn't work out for him(im assuming his wife is just one of those characters who ends up dying frequently throughout the Multiverse) and has chosen to come back to his Earth and go back to his mafia roots. We aren't sure od his final goal yet.

Yes, her powers manifest as those rings and they go boom when they hit something.

Don't think we have her exact age but she's at least the same age as Miles or a few years older, still a young adult. She debuted wanting to kill Tombstone and mangled a few of his goons, but does seemed to have chilled out since bumping into Miles. Street level, soon to be involved with the Champions.
    Last edited by Nerwrax15; 09-18-2020 at 07:53 AM.

Starling feels like she's 18-19 to me.

From the Walmart website concerning the new suit
    • T.R.A.C.K. Suit – Designed by Javier Garrón, one of the talented Marvel artists on the MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN comic book series. Zip up the Time Response Activated Circuit Kinetic (T.R.A.C.K.) Suit and unlock the Untrackable Suit Mod.
    It's pretty cool they got one of Miles' artists to design a suit, I wonder if they got any others?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post

It's pretty cool they got one of Miles' artists to design a suit, I wonder if they got any others?
    Sounds like the suit perk is a boost to Miles' camo powers.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post

Indeed. As for the full name --- Time Response Activated Circuit Kinetic --- it sounds like Miles's version of Peter's Velocity Suit.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ya know, sometimes, comics look better in Black 'N White. Just sayin'.

https://twitter.com/JavierGarron/sta...96923761553409
    Last edited by AtheistInRed; 09-22-2020 at 04:30 PM.
    "I swear to god, if I get banned..."

Quote Originally Posted by AtheistInRed View Post
    Ya know, sometimes, comics look better in Black 'N White. Just sayin'.
    Miles cuts a strong figure .

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    That's good to know. Thanks.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

I wonder if Marvel is toying with the idea of Miles eventually going by Shadow Spider, not unlike how Gwen now goes by Ghost Spider. I think that's one of the reasons the book is titled Miles Morales: Spider-Man-- Build name recognition for Miles, so that you can have him adopt another identity without losing the brand recognition. Maybe one day we'll be seeing Miles Morales: Shadow Spider.

Though I love the Shadow Spider moniker and the suit is probably the best or second best suit that Miles ever had, I think that the idea of Miles adopting that name is a bit counter-intuitive. I know adaptations tend to not care about this, but Miles concept is that of a modernized Spider-Man. "What if Peter Parker was created today" sort of stuff, and after the big boom that was Spider-Verse, I don't think it would be too helpful for him to change his hero name to literally anything else.

That's his whole point. He isn't an adjacent character, he isn't a side-kick. He isn't Kid Arachnid or Shadow Spider or Spy-D. He is Spider-Man as much as Peter is.

Incredible Member

Yeah, there is literally no point in changing Miles' name beyond the reason of simply not making him Spider-Man, which is the whole point of Miles to begin with. Co-oping names was a thing before and after Miles, why would he even want use a name from when he lost his memories and not acting like himself? It's be like Logan casually going by Weapon X or something.

The name recognition thing IS the reason for the book's name though. In TPB, it's not called Spider-Man at all, it's just Miles Morales.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman