Page 65 of 80 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 975 of 1199
  1. #961
    The Superior One Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,434

    Default

    I say a lot of negative things about 616 Peter (I hate his rolled back character development) so I thought I'd use this thread to prove I'm not simply a grouch. Despite being a Miles fan I have pretty much remained silent in recent months. The truth is I have nothing to comment on because everything is so damn good.

    I'm lovin' the current adventures of Miles. The book has consistently been on fire for two years now. The new elements introduced only add to Miles and his world rather than taking away, great stuff.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  2. #962
    Spectacular Member Modamy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I say a lot of negative things about 616 Peter (I hate his rolled back character development) so I thought I'd use this thread to prove I'm not simply a grouch. Despite being a Miles fan I have pretty much remained silent in recent months. The truth is I have nothing to comment on because everything is so damn good.

    I'm lovin' the current adventures of Miles. The book has consistently been on fire for two years now. The new elements introduced only add to Miles and his world rather than taking away, great stuff.
    Glad your happy. The current run really hasn't been for me, but I'm glad other people at least find enjoyment in it. Otherwise the game has me really excited and Miles seems like he'll have a good showing in the current Champions run (or is it a mini?).

  3. #963
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    9,860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Modamy View Post
    Glad your happy. The current run really hasn't been for me, but I'm glad other people at least find enjoyment in it. Otherwise the game has me really excited and Miles seems like he'll have a good showing in the current Champions run (or is it a mini?).
    That's a good question. I'm hoping they've quietly extended it to an ongoing despite initially suggesting it might be a mini.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  4. #964
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That's a good question. I'm hoping they've quietly extended it to an ongoing despite initially suggesting it might be a mini.
    Well technically it was initially assumed to be an ongoing. The only time it was posted as a mini was when its #1 returned as a solicitation after being pulled because of covid, but then the mini has yet to ever appear agIn anywhere else. And with #4 putting the champions on the run going so far as to take them to sea, are we really suppose to expect them coming back really quick in what would be the last issue of the mini and fix everything at the last second? That doesn't sound very good lol
    Last edited by Nerwrax15; 10-22-2020 at 10:46 PM.

  5. #965
    Mighty Member Dragonick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,643

    Default

    That's an excellent point, resolving the whole issue in one (or honestly even two) issues seems recipe for disappointment.

  6. #966

    Default

    So what has been Jonah's take on Miles? I'm sure jonah doesn't know his secret ID, but has he spoken publicly at all about the "new" Spider-Man... and has his opinion changed since finding out (again) Peter's secret?

  7. #967
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    So what has been Jonah's take on Miles? I'm sure jonah doesn't know his secret ID, but has he spoken publicly at all about the "new" Spider-Man... and has his opinion changed since finding out (again) Peter's secret?
    They've only really interacted once and that was back during Spider-Gedden when Morlun was trying to murder Peter, so there wasn't much to it given the circumstances lol
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

  8. #968
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    9,860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    So what has been Jonah's take on Miles? I'm sure jonah doesn't know his secret ID, but has he spoken publicly at all about the "new" Spider-Man... and has his opinion changed since finding out (again) Peter's secret?
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    They've only really interacted once and that was back during Spider-Gedden when Morlun was trying to murder Peter, so there wasn't much to it given the circumstances lol
    Uh-huh, and yeah, Jonah has been firmly on Peter's side now, though in ASM 38-40 by Nick Spencer, he brought up (arguably) well-reasoned points about how Peter didn't help his case earlier on with his lack of openness compared to other superheroes and his habit of pranking and lashing out at Jonah for all the bad press against him instead of just coming to tell his side of the story.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  9. #969
    Mighty Member Dragonick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,643

    Default

    Turns put those variant covers for the game tell a story of their own and there's still one more to go.
    "Just as Marvel’s Spider-Man was a love letter to Peter Parker and his web-slinging alter-ego, Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales celebrates every aspect of this break-out hero of a new generation. Continuing that tradition of authenticity, the teams at Insomniac Games, PlayStation, and Marvel Games have united to spotlight the amazing behind-the-scenes artists who are bringing this action-packed game to life. What’s especially meaningful about this series of variant covers is that, if viewed in a particular order, they showcase our collective commitment to storytelling.

    First, we have the AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #53.LR cover by Insomniac Games art director Jason Hickey, which joins Miles as he looks down upon an NYC infected by the new threat of Tinkerer and the Underground. Then we see the AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #53 cover by Marvel Games creative director Tim Tsang capturing the moment when Miles makes the heroic decision to mask up, rise up, and defend his home and his loved ones. Next it’s the MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #21 cover by Insomniac Games senior concept artist Nicholas Schumaker showcasing the speed and agility of Miles as he hurtles towards danger. Finally, the AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #54 cover by Insomniac Games art director Gavin Goulden places us in the collision between Miles and the Tinkerer as they battle for the fate of the city."

    Rosemann concludes, "An entire saga in four images… with one more cover yet to be revealed!"
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...variant-covers

  10. #970
    Mighty Member Spider-Chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,422

    Default

    Thoughts on this pairing?

  11. #971
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    57,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Thoughts on this pairing?
    I mean, she did say she could kiss him once and he didn't seem to mind .

  12. #972
    Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    734

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Thoughts on this pairing?
    In theory they could work as a couple. Both half PR, live in Brooklyn, and have family involved with law enforcement. If the games or ITSV sequel introduce her as a childhood friend/ slash potential love interest for Miles that gets her own powers down the line I think that works. Of course it's funny to realize she was created first lol

  13. #973
    Spectacular Member Pattern_Maker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Thoughts on this pairing?
    I ship it!

    If it was in the main comic I'd be worried about how it's handled though.

  14. #974
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    57,222

    Default

    Have they even exchanged a single line of dialogue with each other in the comics?

  15. #975
    Mighty Member Spider-Chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Have they even exchanged a single line of dialogue with each other in the comics?
    Nope. It might change during Last Remains.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •