Page 76 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2666727374757677787980 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1267
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    Currently reading the prequel novel to the game and they flat out name SHIELD as a thing in this universe, probably means nothing for the games moving forward but im just surprised its even a thing at all even in a little tie in book. Anyone know if SHIELD is brought up at all in any of the tie in comics for Peter?
    I mean, most of the MU characters we're thinking of probably exist in this world right? Since the first game featured Avengers Tower and had references to other characters like Daredevil and Doctor Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    Currently reading the prequel novel to the game and they flat out name SHIELD as a thing in this universe, probably means nothing for the games moving forward but im just surprised its even a thing at all even in a little tie in book. Anyone know if SHIELD is brought up at all in any of the tie in comics for Peter?
    How is Starling depicted?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    How is Starling depicted?
    I stopped right before they are about to meet, i'll be reading more a bit later.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    "Knockoff Miles Morales" - Y'know, technically that's kind of dimensional racist towards yourself.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

"Knockoff Miles Morales" - Y'know, technically that's kind of dimensional racist towards yourself.
    And to add insult, our Miles is the one foreign to earth 616

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Mentioned this before but I hope Ultimatum sticks around as an antagonist going forward because I find the mixing of the various Ultimate gear he appropriate to make for an interesting foe for Miles to fight.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Mentioned this before but I hope Ultimatum sticks around as an antagonist going forward because I find the mixing of the various Ultimate gear he appropriate to make for an interesting foe for Miles to fight.
    My problems with Ultimatum:

1. Spider-Men 2.

2. He's a living reminder of the Ultimate Universe for Miles which is a continuity headache in and of itself. It also makes him jarring to work into 616 stories.

3. The Ultimate Giant-Man costume doesn't fit a Big Bad type.

Astonishing Member

2. He's a living reminder of the Ultimate Universe for Miles which is a continuity headache in and of itself. It also makes him jarring to work into 616 stories.
    I second this. Ultimatum isn't a bad villain, but Miles needs a streamlined origin/continuity for 616.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I second this. Ultimatum isn't a bad villain, but Miles needs a streamlined origin/continuity for 616.
    In a decade of existence, Miles has gotten way too many origins.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    In a decade of existence, Miles has gotten way too many origins.
    It's an advantage the adaptations have like Spider-Verse and the video games, they just have something and are able to stick with it, meanwhile the comics feel more reactive to the adaptations improving things. The comics I don't know how they'd even solve any of that at this point because his backstory is such a mess with each new wrinkle.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I mean, I'd like a streamlined origin as well. but Marvel is largely allergic to doing full on resets. Even with OMD they wanted to have their cake and eat it too.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

I just want to know how Miles went from remembering 1610 in Spider-Men II to whatever this vague thing is now. Was it Ahmed's idea or a higher ups kind of deal because ot doesn't really make much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I just want to know how Miles went from remembering 1610 in Spider-Men II to whatever this vague thing is now. Was it Ahmed's idea or a higher ups kind of deal because ot doesn't really make much sense.
    I think it's partially from how wishy-washy writers were about it post-Secret Wars.

It would've been better just to make him a native of the 616 from the get go and drop the Ultimate Universe connection.